Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Panel Filter Question

ToTo_17

Lol np mate! O and regarding that removal of the snorkel, im not sure on the positioning on a tsport, but that may make it suck lots of hot air in and so give a negative effect on performance. Just a thought but wont do any damage just not neccessarily very good for performance (but will still sound nice :))

Lol np mate! O and regarding that removal of the snorkel, im not sure on the positioning on a tsport, but that may make it suck lots of hot air in and so give a negative effect on performance. Just a thought but wont do any damage just not neccessarily very good for performance (but will still sound nice :))

well it sounds awesome, and i am lookin to get a cold air feed in but im not prepared to chop, drill or ruin anything or mr warranty goes bye bye. i had an idea. what would happen if i removed the panel filter, then put on a cone filter, with a line going into the box. surely the air is gettng filtered and the sensors r gettin tickled but a throaty sound is achieved and great amount of money is saved.

anyone have any views on this?

Erm how is money saved :wacko: Just buy an air filter kit and will come with the adapter for the sensors. That way you just totally remove the airbox and replace with the cone air filter! Then add a cold air feed and/or locate it in a good place and your laughing :D Putting the filter in the box would also make it restrictive so not really worth doing! O and also it would muffle the sound a bit aswell i assume.

well full induction kit is what £130?? so if u just buy the filter for £30 then you've saved 100 squid. job done.

i think you're misunderstanding me. im saying keep the airbox, remove the standard panel filter completely, then add a pipe from (empty) airbox, that plugs to cone filter. parts needed= bit of tube, and cone filter. :D

Ooo i got ya! Yeah well that probably be bad for air flow as air kind of wallowing around in airbox rather than rammed in through filter? I dunno but to solve your problem, if your just buying a cone universal filter, you can remove the air box completely and replace with one of these to house the sensor and then your air filter on the end :D See budget mods can be done its just this lot like to have it all expensive and jap :P But yeah that is only £12 plus postage but you get a discount from that site now being a goldie :D (if you look in goldie discount section you can see how much you save) O and then you can probably get a universal cone filter on that site with a 3" clamp style end to go onto that adapter so sorted :D

Having a quick look at suitable cones from that site i found:

This one for £18.45 for the budget option

OR

This one at £30 for one more similar in size to the Apexi cone

I'm pretty sure their both dry filters but i would look into this to check. O and also they have others around on that site and others on other sites too. But yeah remember you would also get your discount in that so thats like £50 for the better of those two cones with the adapter and probably delivery in that BEFORE discount! Can't be too bad huh?

phew glad u can see what im saying now. as i said i dont really want to mess around taking bits off. so i think ill just buy some ducting and let more air into the box. i bought the t-sport so i didnt have to any modding. the bug's biting me but im trying to resist.

Lol ok well if you were going to add cone its just the same as taking the snorkel off but its instead the box mate! Totally up to you mate! Just trying to help you with what you were saying :P Either way have good fun with it and tell us what you end up with!

no offence but that seems a bad idea,

you'r better off with the full kit, if your going to do what you suggest then you might aswell save your money and keep the standard airbox.

for the sake of a few screws, and about an hour of your time, and the standard airbox is pertty easy to get off, and you'll be much more pleased with the end result of a full kit.

fair comment, i prob would go with the full kit if i was gonna do it. but ill just settle for a bigger inlet pipe.

no offence but that seems a bad idea,

you'r better off with the full kit, if your going to do what you suggest then you might aswell save your money and keep the standard airbox.

for the sake of a few screws, and about an hour of your time, and the standard airbox is pertty easy to get off, and you'll be much more pleased with the end result of a full kit.

Are you saying the adapter and a cone that i suggested is a bad idea or the cone on the airbox being a bad idea? If your saying my idea is bad, how? :wacko: It the same as the kit but maybe with bit shorter piping which could be added in and still keep it cheaper than apexi! If he just adds a cold air feed to the box and then removes the snorkle it may help as he can use that cold air feed when he gets induction kit aswell as solving a temporary problem! :D

cone on the airbox is a bad idea

it's just a bad idea like pipercross have on their kits (even though this one is on a 1ltr

PK234.jpg

O right yeah thats cool as that weren't what i was suggesting and i agree that that is a bad idea :D