Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Scorpion Or Mongoose?

P_Jazzy

I'm thinking of getting a stainless steel system. I can get hold of a Mongoose or a Scorpion system.

Which one is better and why? Or are they both about the same? How loud are they? I want something thats not too loud :eek:

I'm thinking of getting a stainless steel system. I can get hold of a Mongoose or a Scorpion system.

Which one is better and why? Or are they both about the same? How loud are they? I want something thats not too loud :eek:

Mongoose !

Hi,

I got a mongoose system about a month ago after being advised by numerous GTi owners. It started off quite quiet, but then after I had broken it in it did become louder (something I didn't want as I don't want to be classed as a 'boy racer'). All my car mates say it sounds great and they dont think it's too loud. It does sound great in the car and lovely at full revs (changing from 3rd to 4th at full revs is my favourite ;) ).

So it's a bit louder than I'd hoped and can drone between 3000 and 4000 rpm, but it does sound nice and I feel has improved the power delivery (smoother throughout) and it HAS improved economy. I have a Blitz panel filter and used to get about 200-220 mile from a tank, with the mongoose I now get between 220-240. :thumbsup: Mechanic mate says (in layman's terms) it's because the engine isn't straining to push the exhuast gases out.

Hope this helps,

ICE

I'd have to say the mongoose, as the scorpion system wasn't selling well enough (although they were the same price), hence they have to cease production. Jazzy I've seen your car flying about, gotta say it's the cleanest GTi I've seen in 10 years :o guys the car's a minter. Jazzy you gotta give me first refusal when you sell it, you know where i'm at.

Getting back to the topic in question, I have had a few mongoose exhausts, and they sound just right, a bit boomy but not, boy racer loud.

GO for a custom powerflow that i had one on my gti you get loads of tail pipes and you can say how loud you want it

GO for a custom powerflow that i had one on my gti you get loads of tail pipes and you can say how loud you want it

There,s a big pricetag on a custom handbuild exhaust :huh:

powerflow are ****, go for mongoose

Agreed

mongoose definately, even tho it does drone a wee bit from 3000-4000, but after 8 months of use mine has now started to pop between gear changes......RESULT!!!! :thumbsup:

mongoose definately, even tho it does drone a wee bit from 3000-4000, but after 8 months of use mine has now started to pop between gear changes......RESULT!!!! :thumbsup:

Is that normal? :eek:

ICE

Is that normal? :eek:

ICE

Urm, my FC3S RX-7 used to pop when changing gear anywhere from 6-8 thousand revs...and when letting off from anywhere in that rev range. Sadly sold it yesterday, mixed emotions i must say! :crybaby:

thats a big change going from a rx-7 to a corolla!! was it twin turbo'd?

wish i had one, its one of my ultimate cars!! :drool:

some day....

thats a big change going from a rx-7 to a corolla!! was it twin turbo'd?

wish i had one, its one of my ultimate cars!! :drool:

some day....

i had the rolla before i got the RX. It was the Gen 2, 87' non turbo model, only a modest 150hp but it was a beast to drive. :yes:

i was keeping it at my mums in her garage as i have no space at my place...but she got the better of me with her constant nagging of having no garage!

Plus, i don't really enjoy getting 18-22 MPG!!!

Joe

Mongoose, 2 years old, and it's been on all winter with no problems to report.

Normally I'd remove it and put the stock one back on, but I didn't bother this winter.

Oh and I'm getting better MPG! :thumbsup:

Mongoose all the way!!

as you can see most people have mongoose and no1 has a negative thing to say about it which is a rare thing about any product

but im not sure about MPG imporovement but it has made it FASTER!! and when it hits 3,800 RPM it makes such a distinctive ROOOARR!!

get the little FERRET!!

But i have n,t seen a picture of the Mongoose yet :unsure: