Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla 2.0 D4d Fuel Consumption.

Icefox

Hi,

Anybody here able to tell me what is a realistic expectation of mpg on combined use for a Corolla 2.0l D4D hatchback. The published mpg is always exaggerated in my experience.

Many thanks

Icefox.

my parents have a 2004 2.0l d4d corolla and they average about 50mpg round town and on a run they easily get 60-70 mpg if they dont take it above 70. ggod car too, never had a problem with it and i checked on autotrader and it seems to be holding its value pretty good too.

my parents have a 2004 2.0l d4d corolla and they average about 50mpg round town and on a run they easily get 60-70 mpg if they dont take it above 70. ggod car too, never had a problem with it and i checked on autotrader and it seems to be holding its value pretty good too.

Hey thanks for the reply. I currenty have a 54 T Sport which is a superb car, but not really suitable for my needs now. I fancy a Corolla SR with the d4d engine in and what you tell me now makes it even more sensible to change my beautiful T Sport for the SR.

Many thanks for you reply.

Cheers

Icefox.

I get 59.7mpg in my Tsport :thumbsup: .... I should really get the trip computer checked.

:yes::laughing:

That would be amazing if you actually got that :)

I get 59.7mpg in my Tsport :thumbsup: .... I should really get the trip computer checked.

:yes::laughing:

That would be amazing if you actually got that :)

Same as my mate's T Sport... MPG improves with harder driving! :lol: On the same note, my girlfriend's friend bought a 1.4 Corolla and it's showing up 60+MPG!!!!!!! :o Can't be right.... I told her 40ish would be nearer the mark....

My D-4D trip computer shows ridiculous figures. The average seems to be stuck to 67MPG for the urban cycle which is quite clearly wrong.

My own calculations gave 43 for a rush hour, Greater London week. 45 for motorway ( not too fast, not too slow ) with a pinch of A-road thrown in and around 50 for mainly A roads with some busier town traffic put into the mix.

My D-4D trip computer shows ridiculous figures. The average seems to be stuck to 67MPG for the urban cycle which is quite clearly wrong.

My own calculations gave 43 for a rush hour, Greater London week. 45 for motorway ( not too fast, not too slow ) with a pinch of A-road thrown in and around 50 for mainly A roads with some busier town traffic put into the mix.

I have a 1.4 D-4D and the computer gives me 40-45 for in town use (varies quite a lot according to engine temperature). On long runs not going faster than 70 it goes up to 57-58. Measurements show these figures correspond to what I am actually achieving. Combined out of town with short distance in town driving (very expensive) returns around 49-50mpg.

I would be very suprised if a petrol version of the Corolla returned better than 45 mpg.

Mine's a 2003. Maybe they improved the trip computer in the facelift model 1.4D-4D. Or then again maybe mines just faulty. :blink:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links