Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Autoglass - Free Windscreen Repair

sotal

Just phoned autoglass to see if they can come out and fix my windscreen as it has a few little chips in it, and they said it would cost me £60 to repair as I have got more than 3 chips in it :angry:

I said wouldn't it be cheaper for me to just pay £50 and have the windscreen replaced - and they said they wouldn't replace it unless it was broken beyond repair :censor:

I told them not to bother as they haven't been an issue and it passed it's MOT with them it was just the point of it that annoyed me. If I was to have it fixed I would be better to belt the **** out of my windscreen with a hammer as it would work out cheaper and I would have a new window rather than a repaired window.

Sorry Rant over

I know I'm chanting the mantra... but I think ChipsAway do windscreen repairs too? If so, might be worth a quote as they visit you onsite and are normally reasonably priced.

very odd, i didn't think it would matter considering for chips they charge your insurer so why should it matter, its only on full replacements you pay your excess..

does make you laugh - like you say, would be cheaper to take a hammer to it

I guess Direct Line must have said they would only pay for 3 chips to be done.

I wonder if I can get away with saying there is only 3 - getting them done - then phoning them up the next day and getting the other two done

As I said before they are only tiny chips - One is in my field of vision but it's small enough not to matter for the MOT, 4 of them have been there for atleast 2 years (when I got the car) and the other one has been there for about 18 months so I don't think they're going to crack - but if they do it'll still be cheaper to get a new window.

The also said it takes 1/2 an hour to do each chip - so to do 5 chips would take 2.5 hours

Get yourself up here.

For the last few weekends, they've had free windscreen repair in Tesco's and the local retail park's carparks...

That's crazy! :wacko:

I do payments at work to some Major Windscreen Companies & like mentioned about even if an Insured only gets a repair done instead of replacement we still have to pay, whether its cheaper to replace or repair it does vary for company to company as some charge us a flat rate for replacements all the time and repair are about £5 cheaper lol.