Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Car To Get?

philjones1978

Bibbs is right, best solution by far to those criteria is 2 cars. Uber-saloons would do the job, but too big and too thirsty. Anything more than a mildly warm hatch is likely to be too thirsty too, not to mention the ride will be too hard for hauling OAPs around in. Split the money 2 ways and maybe leave a bit to cover the extra road tax etc, plenty of good cars of all varieties around the £3k mark.

The criteria are so disparate that you've got a real chance of ending up with a single car you both 'compromise' on and neither are actually happy with.

Somebody mentioned the seat leon cupra,

how about the Cupra 1.9 TDI

I'm guessing it's a Golf GtTDI without the vw Badge.

17's might be a little firm for the old dears but they're being chaffuer driven and shouldn't complain :lol:

Somebody mentioned the seat leon cupra,

how about the Cupra 1.9 TDI

I'm guessing it's a Golf GtTDI without the vw badge.

17's might be a little firm for the old dears but they're being chaffuer driven and shouldn't complain :lol:

Her colleagues use things like Audi A3's, Golfs, Fiestas and Corsa's. It's easy to fit a folding wheelchair or a zimmer in the back of a hatchback with the seats folded down. I don't think the ride is too firm on a warm/hot hatch so long as it is driven gently. TDi's may be the way forward. I hear good things about the focus TDCi. We'll see what happens over the coming months.

Her colleagues use things like Audi A3's, Golfs, Fiestas and Corsa's. It's easy to fit a folding wheelchair or a zimmer in the back of a hatchback with the seats folded down. I don't think the ride is too firm on a warm/hot hatch so long as it is driven gently. TDi's may be the way forward. I hear good things about the focus TDCi. We'll see what happens over the coming months.

Ford's latest TDCi isn't bad, but the reliablity issues would worry me (overheating) and the MPG isn't great.

Have you tried Toyota's D-4D engines? they're very underrated. :thumbsup: I drove a Corolla SR D-4D a few weeks ago, a crackin machine.