Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Oil Viscosity For Corolla T3?

KevT3

Hi all,

I am planning to change the engine oil this weekend, bought the Mobil 1 0W40 full syntectic oil, but my friend just told me that I should use the SAE recommended by the Dealer, rather than using the best one out there, is that true?

Regards,

Kevin

The advice i've always taken, is that better oil is always better no matter what. I'd ask your local dealership if you're worried. Don't forget you'll need to flush your engine before putting fully synthetic in, if you've not run on it previously.

I know peugeot is a dirty word around here, but its a fantastic post.

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=23533&page=1

The advice i've always taken, is that better oil is always better no matter what. I'd ask your local dealership if you're worried. Don't forget you'll need to flush your engine before putting fully synthetic in, if you've not run on it previously.

I know peugeot is a dirty word around here, but its a fantastic post.

http://www.306gti6.com/forum/showthread.php?id=23533&page=1

Cheers mate ! :thumbsup:

is it difficult to flush the engine? do i have to? can i not just drain it to the last drop?

Kev

You don't have to flush the engine, just drain all the old oil out of it.

From time to time a flush is a good idea though.

For flushing I buy a can of wynns, drive round for about 10 miles without caning it then drain the oil out. works quite well.

I'd go for Mobil 1 0W40, especially if the car is parked outside, it will start much better.

:thumbsup: Good work Do you now how much goes in the engine ?

:thumbsup: Good work Do you now how much goes in the engine ?

He he, here you are, the king of all mods and mechanics :)

I think it's about 4L? Is that right?

Kev

After some research, it seems that flushing the engine could potentially clog up the oil pump!?

Should i do it...!?

if its done loads of miles (ie over80k) then deposits build up and freeing these up could cause leaks and also clog up the oil pump, in your case i don't think you've done that many miles and it shouldn't cause a problem.

my personal opinion is I only start flusghing at 50k, up to then its not really needed but thats just my 2P worth

I never flushed my engines straight new Oil in the engine

Don't wish to hijack the thread but this is the first i've heard of flushing being bad for an old engine. mines due an oil change, i bought the gear this week and picked up some Wynn's engine flush. My motors got 95k on it, should i avoid using the flush?

Don't wish to hijack the thread but this is the first i've heard of flushing being bad for an old engine. mines due an oil change, i bought the gear this week and picked up some Wynn's engine flush. My motors got 95k on it, should i avoid using the flush?

By what I have heard from people, I think flushing should only be done if your car isn't that oil or you know it's been kindly looked after.

I think if you flush an oid unknown engine, it might have a disasterous result, i.e. break the engine... I suggest not... Well, that's only my opinion after researching for a while for this topic

Kev

My car had 105k when i got it, ive flushed it, makes it run much nicer and smoother :thumbsup: