Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Rear Bumper Removal

speedy0804

Can someone out there please advise me how to remove the Yaris rear bumper. So far I have found 2 bolts under the rear tailgate and when removed the bumper is still attached. There must be more but to date I have not found them

:help:

• 1 month later...

I'm sure there are clips in the wheel arches holding the bumper on aswell

• 1 year later...

Theres 4 screws, two near the boot, two under the rear bumper, then you'll have to undo the rear mud flaps (2 on right (driver) 3 on left (passenger)), after that you would need to pull with some force on the edges of the bumper as there are poppers which hold it in place. Undo the fog etc. connections then your done.

(it'll be alot easier with two people.)

Theres 4 screws, two near the boot, two under the rear bumper, then you'll have to undo the rear mud flaps (2 on right (driver) 3 on left (passenger)), after that you would need to pull with some force on the edges of the bumper as there are poppers which hold it in place. Undo the fog etc. connections then your done.

(it'll be alot easier with two people.)

I would have thought by now he would have got the bumper off......................The original request was March 2006 :P :rolleyes:

Yeah probably, but it was a pain and a half for me trying to find out on the forums how to do it.. in the end i decided whatever and just hoped for the best. Only replying for people in the furture if they were interested. :)

Then again i suppose if they REALLY wanted to know they could always buy the haynes manual.................. :P

Yeah probably, but it was a pain and a half for me trying to find out on the forums how to do it.. in the end i decided whatever and just hoped for the best. Only replying for people in the furture if they were interested. :)

Then again i suppose if they REALLY wanted to know they could always buy the haynes manual.................. :P

Jlneonhug,

Thanks. You may have been six months late for speedy0804, but you were just 2 weeks early for me!!!!!!

I've just bought a Yaris and want to fit rear parking sensors (my wife will be driving it :o ) so when I found your reply, I was v v grateful.

A big thanks!!

Can someone out there please advise me how to remove the Yaris rear bumper. So far I have found 2 bolts under the rear tailgate and when removed the bumper is still attached. There must be more but to date I have not found them

:help:

buy the haynes manual off eBay or Amazon!

urm there's the two under the boot lid along the top of the bumper and if you look bhind the rear wheels then there's one on each side.. need to look in the haynes book tbh-think the two in the wheel arches are the bottom metal one-presuming it's the split bumpers like on mine

message me if you want me to have a look and let you know

A Grainger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
On 12/10/2007 at 5:44 PM, AGrainger said:

buy the haynes manual off ebay or amazon!

urm there's the two under the boot lid along the top of the bumper and if you look bhind the rear wheels then there's one on each side.. need to look in the haynes book tbh-think the two in the wheel arches are the bottom metal one-presuming it's the split bumpers like on mine

message me if you want me to have a look and let you know

A Grainger

Hi,

I'm hoping to replace the lower metal part of my bumper on my 2005 yaris. Do I need to take the whole lot off to do this?

Thanks.

AGrainger hasn't logged onto to Toyota Owners Club since December 2007 - so I doubt whether you will receive a reply from them