Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Falling Out Of Love With The Yaris..?

Caz SR

Yeah but surely if you are replacing it with something better, then there is no issue? ;)

New Leon is gorgeous, but am holding off. My cars only done 5550 miles and I'm determined to wait until it breaks even. Theres plenty of pep in the old Yaris yet! :thumbsup:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Caz SR

• Gnome

• reece

Another reason why I'd never spend money on my car, as I could get rid of it after a year, and if I've spent money on it, then it just means I make a bigger loss on it.

One main reason I'm keeping mine standard. The other is that I'm not a rudeboy like the rest of you..... :P

And only 5500 miles Em?!?! Mine's done nearly 25K miles now... :S

"You need to get out more!" :D

:lol::lol:

I would if the Midlands meets werent always cancelled! :lol:

Thats why I dont spend money on my car either mate... dont see the point, I dont plan on having any of my cars for very long! :lol:

Already done three cars in three years! :lol: So realistically I need to wait til next March and I can then say 4 cars in 4 years ;)

Em do you even need a car :| :P

I dont obess about my car anymore but i still love it :)

:lol::lol:

Well if we move I definitely will! :lol:

Nope sorry CAZ i dont think i no you, i have seen Bibbs car around Reading, my dads got an S2000 so thats why i am interested. I live in Burghfield btw were you at?! HELLO!

Ah ok - no worries, just wanted to check we hadn't been introduced and I'd forgotten. I don't live in Reading but know most of the TOCcers that do :lol::thumbsup:

Well I treated the car to a good old wash, wax & polish today just like I used to and I feel slightly better about it now she's clean so that's something ;)

Same here Caz!! Its amazing the difference it makes having her clean and free of road-borne debris!! :lol:

I'll miss my car the day I sell it, which as it happens, could be pretty soon! :yes::thumbsup:

Got me looking round as well now Caz! :D

I hope I can find something I like/ can afford though.

Don’t all abandon ship... had a test drive in the Aygo Sport today.

My verdict? Cheap and nasty :crybaby:

Sorry to any Aygo owners, it’s OK for what it is, and that is a cheap car.

Very basic feel, I put my foot down and nothing happened and that was with 2 people inside.

Not a patch on a T Sport Yaris but I appreciate they are completely different cars.

Am I now spoilt after having a YTS with good performance and toys?

Also I wasn’t overly impressed with the New Yaris either, maybe that will grow on me but it was definitely better than the Aygo but way over priced.

My Jap YTS stays! :thumbsup:

As you said - a good car if you want a cheap little car.

It's got the benefits of being quickly disassembled, and cheap on tax and insurance, and does good MPG.

Would I get one? No. Mainly because if I get another car, it'll be bigger CC, and a bigger car.

I'll have the same problem Reece - I can't afford another newish car, so will miss little things, like the display telling me how much petrol I have left, and my mpg.

It's purely lazyness, but I like it... :D

Completely going to contradict myself but i keep crossing over to love and not loving yaz atm!!! :eek:

Its darrens fault...he asked me how i would feel about a different car and its been playing on my mind ever since!! :(

I do love my car but its the thrill of a new one! :D

Ive been chatting to JJ n Kev and because the insurance is just not worth it im sticking with the yaris...and the fact i have things i want to do to her! But if insurance wasnt a problem i think id sell her for the other one!! :!Removed!:

atm im really unsure what to do with my car. im really tempted with an MR2 tubby (i blame all these meets) but i just see how much effort i have put into the yaris and think i will miss the car and is it worth it. last night i was even thinkin on how i could mod an MR2 up. hmmm like i said earlier better job and have both :P

If in doubt do nothing.

TBH I think I would miss my Yaris if it went. I have to remind myself at times why I bought it in the first place.

It looks great, not common like the 206/Clio’s/Fords etc. Reliable, reasonably economic and lots of nice gadgets, it will be a real struggle to find something that can equal it for the same price and pedigree.

I'm currently looking at a Toyota ist as a new project. Just can't seem to find a Manual one anywhere...I'm starting to think they didn't make one in Japan :crybaby:

Oh and i'm not looking agetting rid of the Vitz ;)

Have to say, whenever I get at all bored with a car, all I have to do is find a winding country road and drive it properly :)

- when I do that, it all comes back to me... I realise just why I went for the sporty version in the first place and can forgive X Y Z about it. B)

my last car got mid 20's in terms of MPG, regardless of how you treated it, but on a country lane I could forgive it of that, because it was such fun... Haven't worked out any bad bits of the Yaris yet, I'm treating it fairly gently and its averaging 36mpg :) and whenever I boot it off a roundabout and woo i'm at 60 already, it puts a smile on my face :D I forget how nippy the thing is, its great fun. :D so I guess overall its a great car, IMO. will be a while before Im fed up with it, I suspect... especially as summer is getting here, and it has a sunroof, and windows down jobby.. I get hayfever but i dont care :lol:

Fascinating thread and one you could have posted in any of the forums and still got some people saying they were bored with their car but I must admit there is more reason to ask with a small hatch. :yes:

I loved my old Yaris more than this one. Sure, my new (well, 1 year and 9 days old) car is better equipped and faster but for some reason, the spark isn't there anymore. Maybe it's because it's another Yaris so nothing that new about it.

This time of year doesn't help either. Once she's had a clean, the sun's shining and I'm driving along a Welsh mountain road again, I think the smile may come back.

Problem is, this car will be paid for in a year's time and, although I'll lose out big time financially if I swap for a new car then, I know I'll be considering it.

This time of year doesn't help either. Once she's had a clean, the sun's shining and I'm driving along a Welsh mountain road again, I think the smile may come back.

Good point, I think everyone feels a bit down at this time of year! Just wait till it heats up and the sun comes out! :D :thumbsup:

Good point, I think everyone feels a bit down at this time of year! Just wait till it heats up and the sun comes out! :D :thumbsup:

Yep bring on the good weather ...... hosepipe bans and having the air-con on :thumbsup: !

Chillin listerning to some tunes driving down the coutry roads ...... boy I have missed it :D !

Maybe the love is still there - just hiding :lol::lol:

Took a little detour today, and I think I've rekindled the love for the car.

Also sat down and went over the figures, and although I could get a 1.6 corolla, insure it and tax it for the price of my Yaris, tyres and tax will cost a shedload more than I'm used to paying!

Plus, the extra money needs to stay there for the bike.

Nice twisty lane, with Prodigy blaring out the Kenwood Speakers I fitted the other weekend in the dash, and it's alllll gooooodddddd..... :D

Took a little detour today, and I think I've rekindled the love for the car.

Also sat down and went over the figures, and although I could get a 1.6 corolla, insure it and tax it for the price of my Yaris, tyres and tax will cost a shedload more than I'm used to paying!

Plus, the extra money needs to stay there for the bike.

Nice twisty lane, with Prodigy blaring out the Kenwood speakers I fitted the other weekend in the dash, and it's alllll gooooodddddd..... :D

Yeah, it was a nice Corolla mate.... but sometimes you just have to see past the love and remember the cash it'll need to maintain it etc...

Oh well, when we get our payrises John boy.... you can buy your Corolla and I can buy my.... well whatever! :lol:

I’m back in love with mine after driving the Aygo. That was very disappointing :crybaby:

As mentioned, after a clean and polish and a sunny day with the sunroof open, slid back, (my poor version of a soft top) some top tunes and the feelings come flooding back.

Does anyone regularly use the sunroof in the slide position? I do even in the winter with the heater on :thumbsup: it’s a great feeling :yes:

well i did the same as gnome. went for nice blast on the country lanes before work this mornin and THE LOVE IS BACK :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links