Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Topless

sotal

Quick question:

What topless cars are any good in the price range of 5000-7000?

Also needs to be a blokes car, so it can't be anything that looks girly and it's not for a hairdresser either. Any options left?? :lol::thumbsup:

top 2 for me are audi 80, prob get a 2.6 on a T plate for 7k, then the celica gen 6 2.0

although sports cars it has to be the mx5

Topless and manly don't go together ..

unless it's a Zonda/Carrera GT etc ..

All droptops will have that image, you just have to get over it and think "who cares".

I'm in a drop top, I love driving it and I've a big jacket to wear so I can put the roof down even in the snow. I'm having fun, all the squares with roofs can get knotted :D

there is an mx5 on driftworks for sale

MX5

Looks like a nice example

doesn't look bad - but it's below budget

I actually like the S2000 and don't think it looks girly - I know a few will think that but it's going to be mostly jealousy.

I doubt an S2000 will drop in at under £7k though

S2000's are *almost* manly, but I don't care, I'm the one having fun driving it ;) .. and the cheapies seem to be 10k (imports, 6 years old).

yeah - my cousin in law (if that relation exists) has got a yellow one, and even that doesn't look girly.

This one is in budget:

a4_1_b.JPG

how the hell is that only cat d! :lol:

Before you tr this as a "Girly car" please take ten minutes to see how it behaves in the hands of a novice on track. HERE

You will see it out performs the MR2 MkII's,Superchaged Lexus and Supras on cornering, the only other car to perform as well was the MR2 MkI,s.

I'm surprised that the Mazda is classed above it on a Toyota forum but hey-ho each to ther own ;)

slapa4_001.jpg

If you are looking for storage space though, don't bother :lol:

The mk3 MR2 is an awesome track car, well balanced and a bare minimum approach ..

But it wasn't for me .. it's got conservative looks, and not much straight line power.

But I'd rather one than the new MX5 ..

Before you tr this as a "Girly car" please take ten minutes to see how it behaves in the hands of a novice on track. HERE

You will see it out performs the MR2 MkII's,Superchaged Lexus and Supras on cornering, the only other car to perform as well was the MR2 MkI,s.

I'm surprised that the Mazda is classed above it on a Toyota forum but hey-ho each to ther own ;)

slapa4_001.jpg

If you are looking for storage space though, don't bother :lol:

Hey Brunters looks fantastic Les!!! Who's is the Supra and is the AW11 in that vid?

How well do you rate the MR2 Giddlepin??

Looks aside - what's the speed like? Did they only do the 140bhp version? Or did they do a VVTLi version aswell?

I guess it's lighter than the gen7 celica? So it makes up for it if they don't do the 190? Is it similiar in performance to a celica??

Hey Brunters looks fantastic Les!!! Who's is the Supra and is the AW11 in that vid?

No idea Caz :wacko:

I know that the black MkII could have blasted me on the straights but I think he was enjoying being in the video ;)

If you are after flat out speed, don't look at a roadster .. it's all about the country lane twisties with the roof down ;)

They are all 140, but in Japan the tuning comps put in the 190, Rogue Systems in coventry put in the 3s-GTE .. there are two turbo kits I know of (about 200bhp) .. but it weighs less than a pack of smokes.

Just had chance to watch the video - cheers for that Giddlepin :thumbsup: Looks to handle amazingly, shame they are slightly too expensive

I love the car to bits, I know it lacks in straight line grunt but it will still hit 141 mph (136 actual (on a track of course)) the best feature though is it’s cornering, the balance is brilliant (although it can still bite back when it is damp).

I added a unichip which gives it a lot more response lower down the rev range but apart from that it’s basically standard.

You can get the TTE turbo conversion for about £5K which gives it around 184 bhp, this might not seem a lot but in such a light car it would make a fair difference.

There are also other Turbo conversions which will give a higher output such as ‘Top secret’ and ‘Hass’, but I’m not sure how long the 1ZZ engine would stand up to it, at least you get warranties with the TTE.

Others have fitted the 2ZZ (Celica) in but I don’t know much about that.

Then of course there is the Rogue systems 3SGTE :drool: , but that involves a fair bit of fabrication.

Just had chance to watch the video - cheers for that Giddlepin :thumbsup: Looks to handle amazingly, shame they are slightly too expensive

Thing is they aren't expensive right now, the prices are VERY low.

There was an "04" sable for sale in Hull recently for £10950 :( , so my "52" is worth two balloons and a whistle :(

Gen 6 Celica Cab in black :D

Alfa Spider can be had for that kind of money I think.

Might break down tho!

90_12_sb.JPG

Smart Roadster Coupe?

If you can get past the gearbox (VERY Marmite - I'm an "anti" tbh...) and the Les-matching lack of storage space then its a fun wee motor with plenty of tunablilty.

I would look at the mR-2 Roadster. Its certainly on my potential "next car" list

A

Smart Roadster Coupe?

If you can get past the gearbox (VERY Marmite - I'm an "anti" tbh...) and the Les-matching lack of storage space then its a fun wee motor with plenty of tunablilty.

I would look at the mR-2 Roadster. Its certainly on my potential "next car" list

A

I test drove a smart roadster last year, it handled well and looks decent but the gearbox was just plain annoying - although I guess after time it might be more bearable. Plus the coupe version had minimal rear visibility.

Also the roofs leak and the dealers are at mercedes who in my (limited) experience are to$$ers....!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links