Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla Si '95 - Does It Have Abs And Driver Airbag?

Mateus

I'm getting really confused and starting to feel a complete numpty.... :wacko:

Firstly, please could someone clarify if the 1995 Corolla Si has ABS. There's no ABS ignition light on the dash and I'm not sure what to look for around the brakes. The manual mentions ABS (and I was told by the dealer it had ABS) but then the manual also mentions a passenger airbag (I've taken out the glovebox but can't find anything that looks big enough to be an airbag system; although there is a !Removed! packet sized box with an orange connection).

Which leads me onto another issue - I have no airbag light on the dash either (although the wheel has SRS Airbag written on it)! I've checked all the fuses and they look fine.

I've been looking on the net but can't find much info.

Cheers.

:)

I have a '93 GXI and that does have ABS, but doesnt have any airbags :thumbsup:

if that helps at all :unsure:

To finds if you have abs just slam the brakes if the brake peddel starts to pump alone (you will fell it) then u do if the wheels lock then you don't.

To finds if you have abs just slam the brakes if the brake peddel starts to pump alone (you will fell it) then u do if the wheels lock then you don't.

Yeah, I should have said - my wheels do lock. I thought it might be faulty but now I'm starting to think that it hasn't got ABS and the dealer was :censor: .

But what about the airbag? The steering wheel says "Airbag" but there's no light on the dash to say it's working when you turn the ignition on and there's no light to say it isn't working!

Also the manual doesn't say that the ABS or airbag are only on certain models - it suggests they're standard.

EDIT: Just found this ad on Autotrader for an Si (even same colour) and the seller says the car has ABS and an airbag. :wacko:

I'm getting really confused and starting to feel a complete numpty.... :wacko:

Firstly, please could someone clarify if the 1995 Corolla Si has ABS. There's no ABS ignition light on the dash and I'm not sure what to look for around the brakes. The manual mentions ABS (and I was told by the dealer it had ABS) but then the manual also mentions a passenger airbag (I've taken out the glovebox but can't find anything that looks big enough to be an airbag system; although there is a !Removed! packet sized box with an orange connection).

Which leads me onto another issue - I have no airbag light on the dash either (although the wheel has SRS Airbag written on it)! I've checked all the fuses and they look fine.

I've been looking on the net but can't find much info.

Cheers.

:)

i have a 95 si it has no passenger airbag but dose have a drivers airbag in the steering wheel.

mine doesnt have abs, i think if the rear brakes are drum brakes you dont have abs but if they are disc brakes you have abs

i think only the newer si (after 95) had ABS

mine doesnt have abs

LOL, well that solves that then. Thanks. :thumbsup:

One of the reasons I bought that car was because I was told by the dealer (a garage just outside Leeds) that it had ABS. :( I had an accident in my old Polo which may not have happened if I'd had ABS.

Hi

You don't need to have rear disc brakes to have ABS. I believe it just means you only have 2 channel ABS (front only), not 4 channel (as in on all four wheels).

My dads old car a Honda Civic 1.5Lsi 1997 & his current one a Focus 1.6 Chic (what a daft name :blink: , really a tarted up Zetec). Both have ABS but only on the front brakes (but have rear dums). The ABS on these two still works well (especialy the Focus :thumbsup: ).

If the dealer told you it had ABS & it doesn't, he has miss sold you it. Either get some money off him or all your money back. Or may be it no longer works (again it should be sorted by the dodgy dealer).

Pb

:wacko:

the 97 si only had ABS as standard and AC as option

no passenger airbag!

and some later 97's came with rear discs

your airbag light might of blown, try taking out the clocks and tetsing it.

i have a 96 sportif and mine has an airbag on drivers side but no light on the dash when it had its service i mentioned it and he said that its a mechanical airbag rather than an electronic so doesnt have a warning light.