Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Day At Work

cfc1

Today at work..........

9:00am - Opened the doors ready for the start of a busy day.

9:01am - 1st costomer comes in and we fit on a couple of tyres.

9:10am - 9:45am - More happy costomers than you could shake a stick at.

10:00am - A Renult Megane comes in for Wheel Allignment.

10:05am - the Renult is on the 4 Poster ramp anf the tracking guages are on... and the guy doing the job gets started.

10:15am - Problem.. one of the 13mm locknuts has stripped, we need to fit a new one

10:25am - After a search we find a suitable replacement and secure it.

10:30am - I am asked to jump up onto the ramp to turn the steering on the car to full lock, to check everything is ok

10:31am - I climb onto one of the tyre racks and hop over onto the top of the ramp.

10:32am - I stand up straight........ straight into the corner of a piece af Angle Iron (one of the garage roof supports)

10:32 and a half am - Blood starts to run down my head, all over my coveralls and onto the floor.

10:35am - With a clean rag or two pressed against my head, and a few of the costomers going (oooooooooh!!) I get a lift to A&E.

10:45am - Arrive at A&E and wait in the queue at the desk.. the receptionist loks at me and asks for my details.. the guy in front me say's "I WAS FIRST"... so he gives the receptionist his details and explains that he had had a filling done the other day, but his tooth needed filing down as it had a sharp edge that was cutting his tongue... i thought " :blink: " :eek::eek:

10:50am - I finally give the receptionist my details, and am told to take a seat (remember.. blood is still pouring down my face)

11:05am - Sitting waiting patiently, with a soaking wet rag beginning top stick to my head, and my right hand sticking to the rag, my name finally gets called and i go to see the nurse.

11:15am - The nurse has cleand up my wound, and assessed the injury and tells me to take a seat to wait to see a Doctor (possible stitches and tetnus jab)

11:30am - waiting.....

12:00 - waiting....

12:30- waiting.... :(

1:00pm - waiting..... :(

1:30pm - waiting.... :( :angry:

2:00pm - waiting :angry: :( :angry:

2:15pm - I think to myself.. I'll give it another half hour them I'm out of here :yes:

2:45pm - I'm out of there... wasn't wasting another minute in there, people were coming and going, i was left sitting :angry:

Now i know people are treated on the severity of their injuries, but.. the guy i spoke about earlier (the one whose tooth was cutting his tongue) was taken before me :eek: and there were people with no visable injury coming in, getting seen, and leaving before me.

I don't blame the nursing staff, or the Doctors.. but sometimes our NHS sucks BIG time eh! it's enough to give you a headache.

Anyhoo... i went back to work and finnished my shift at 5:00pm.. drove home without passing out, so i must be ok.. unless i've got tetnus :help: ;)

Might be worth seeing if your GP can arrange a tetanus shot Davy..... just incase ;) Keep an eye on the wound as well, if it changes in any way (colour, size, whatever) then you must go back else it may be infected.

Thats awful though - I remember when my Mum fell down the stairs and sprained her ankle, we went to A&E and she had to wait for about 3 hours - in agonising pain and unable to walk unaided, but all the elderly and children get priority (or they did do back then) so she had to wait ages to even be seen by someone....

You can't blame the doctors or nurses, they do a great job, but there either obviously arent enough of them or its down to the cr*p practices of the NHS.... :rolleyes:

Sounds nasty and the NHS are an absolute joke!

I broke my pinky finger once and waited almost the whole day! :(

Pah!

You girlies up there got none of our Northern stamina :P

Four hours???? That's a tea break compared to the waiting times at Hull Royal Infirmary (ask Anne she has waited with me on more than one occasion ;).

I remember waiting five hours with torn ankle ligaments before anybody saw me (couldn't walk never mind walk out of there :( ))

Sadly it is the state of our wonderful health sevice :angry:

Glad your ok Davey :thumbsup:

That reminds me of a bloke at work who cut his head open after banging it on a conveyor. He got taken to A&E at 9.30am and his car was still there when I left at 5.00pm.

When we saw him the next day we asked him where he got too. Turns out he sat in A&E for 6+hrs (the hospital is a 30min drive) waiting for a doctor to look at the cut, which by that time had stopped bleeding and he was very ****ed off for waiting to be seen too.

Yeowch... Glad you're okay though!

(Must have been a very low roof support though ;) :P )

:thumbsup:

A

I had an accident when I was younger, which resulted in splitting my chin open.

Got down to A&E and went though all the proceedure. After quite a wait (even though it was fairly quiet), my next door neighbour saw us on the ward and came over to see what was going on. Within minutes, I was being treated and (luckily) having steri-strips applied. Pays to have a neighbour who was a Sister on duty and kicked up a stink because we had to wait so long. ;)

Are you ok now Davy? No dizzyness/sickness? Blurring vision?

You can't blame the doctors or nurses, they do a great job, but there either obviously arent enough of them or its down to the cr*p practices of the NHS.... :rolleyes:

It's deffinatley no fault of the staff.. they are run off their feet day and night... it's the fact that there isn't enough of them (poor wages could be the issue here.. woth their weight in gold) and the system needs to be looked at again.

Pah!

You girlies up there got none of our Northern stamina :P

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Are you ok now Davy? No dizzyness/sickness? Blurring vision?

I'm fine thanks Caz.. we are made from Guirders up here :lol:.. slight headache where the cut is, but i suppose thats natural.

I just wish these purple horned 5 legged 2 nosed overgrown beasts would leave me alone for a while ;) :rolleyes:

Sounds like you had a interesting day davey :blink:

hope your feeling a little better now,like Em said may be a idea to get a jab from your gp.

as for the NHS i'm going to stick up for them

as they have been wonderfull at my local hospital looking after me :doctor:

i cant say a bad word against them.

But thats not A&E so i surpose that might be different.

Sounds like you had a interesting day davey :blink:

hope your feeling a little better now,like Em said may be a idea to get a jab from your gp.

as for the NHS i'm going to stick up for them

as they have been wonderfull at my local hospital looking after me :doctor:

i cant say a bad word against them.

But thats not A&E so i surpose that might be different.

I'm sure i've had a jab around 5 years ago.. should be ok :thumbsup:

I'm glad you are being looked after so well .. there are some parts of our NHS that are 2nd to none... and there are things in life that put things into perspective too.

All the best Kimi

xxx

The NHS is £750 MILLION in the red (less than the cost of a new London Dome) this year alone.

Unfortunately there are more people taking from the system than paying in and I can only see it getting worse.

Staff at a Staffordshire hospital have been told 1,000 jobs could be lost as managers try to reduce debts of £17m, 370 of the posts will be nurses and midwives :censor:

next time send someone to stand in the queue and do the waiting for you.......go to the match or get a round of Golf in to pass the time.

Or........wear a hard hat.

Glad you're ok matey

Unfortunately there are more people taking from the system than paying in and I can only see it getting worse.

Staff at a Staffordshire hospital have been told 1,000 jobs could be lost as managers try to reduce debts of £17m, 370 of the posts will be nurses and midwives :censor:

Very sad but true ..... my girlfriend has just qualified as a nurse and some of the stories she tells me are unbelievable, plus the wage packet she comes home with is crap considering what she works/does.

The NHS is going down the pan - but then again so is the country :yes:

On another note ......... wheres there's an accident - there's a claim to be made haha!

the NHS sucks i wasnt looked after well in hospital reall i got left in the shower one morning for 30 mins (baring in mind i couldnt dress myself or walk un aided)they ignored the call alarm

anyway glad your OK davey and i never go the hospital unless someone else makes me go

the NHS sucks i wasnt looked after well in hospital reall i got left in the shower one morning for 30 mins

I hope that comment was tongue in cheek.

Maybe they were busy dealing with a young lad with multiple injuries who’d just driven his car into a lorry who had just been admitted to the ward?

Be nice to each other folks

if this turns into a slanging match its toast ;)

NHS!

an old dinosaur that doesn't work, with too many managers and not enough staff.

it needs scrapping but instead each government throws more of our money at it!

must go, my good lady needs the soap box back :D

I once worked for the NHS...............in the supplies side and can honestly say that there is NOT the waste of money that the papers would have you believe.

The organisation is ,indeed, very slick and efficient with waste of money being cut out all the time and patient care being bought to the front constantly.

Don't Knock It!!!

Sorry to hear of your experience Davy

Well I can say I've seen both sides of the NHS.

They are lousy when it comes to A&E with far too long waiting times

BUT when I had my brain haemorage and needed an urgent operation they were magnificent, having said that the after care was lousy....there wasn't any!!!

So there is two sides to the argument really. :shutit:

Sounds nasty and the NHS are an absolute joke!

I broke my pinky finger once and waited almost the whole day! :(

Id say they were more than an absolute joke, it took the hospital by me nearly 12 months to find out that my dad had bowel cancer. It's :censor: disgusting the way the treat people. Obviously treat people with the more wounds first but god damn, its down right pathetic. Nowaday you come out of hospital with a worse condition than you went in with.

I suppose it does depend though, on your local PCT and everything as to the levels of service you get... but I've been in and out of hospital all my life for various things and sometimes they were brilliant and sometimes they were awful (so much so my Mum made a formal complaint against a doctor because of the way he treated me!)

I was just a kid at the time - my Mum doesnt come with me to the hospital anymore.... honest! :D

But generally, the level of care for all my bits and bobs was good and the last time I was in, they couldnt have been nicer to me!

But my Grandma had open heart surgery just before Christmas last year and she didnt rate the hospital at all - she couldnt wait to leave! She said the worst part was, not the care, but the lies they tell patients. She lost count of how many times they told her she could go home the following day, only to be then told she couldnt. Fair enough if she needs more care, but dont tell an elderly lady she can go home and then keep dashing her hopes! :rolleyes: