Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4 Nudge Bar

reconforsales

Hi All, I have a 2002 d4d Rav 4,very pleased with it, does anyone know if i could fit the nudgebar on it at the front or some kind of bull bar to it, I have looked everywhere trying to ge this nudgebar but to no joy, any kind of advise will be greatly appreciated.

Are nudge/ bull bars legal ? I thought manufacturers spent £££s complying with European safety laws.

I wouldn't want to be hit by one.

Are nudge/ bull bars legal ? I thought manufacturers spent £££s complying with European safety laws.

I wouldn't want to be hit by one.

Being hit buy any car with or without a nudge bar is dangerous :eek::eek:

Most new ones are made of softer plastic and are designed to crumple on impact.... so yes they are legal...

I bought a solid steel one for my Rav when I got it in May last year http://spips.co.uk/rav4/photos/aframe.jpg

Decided after a couple of weeks to remove it though, as it definately wouldn't crumple on impact - it's still in my shed doing nothing :( so if anyone wants one for off road use - make me a sensible offer!

Replaced it with http://spips.co.uk/rav4/photos/nudge.jpg which is made of similar material to bumper, so is as "pedestrian friendly" as a car can be!!

When I fitted the first nudge bar to the car, I spoke to my insurance company to see if it would affect my premium. She told me that so long as it didn't extend to the outside edges of the car, then my premium isn't affected. I presume from the conversation then, that as long as they are between the headlights and not at the corners you are safe.

phil

I bought a solid steel one for my Rav when I got it in May last year http://spips.co.uk/rav4/photos/aframe.jpg

Decided after a couple of weeks to remove it though, as it definately wouldn't crumple on impact - it's still in my shed doing nothing :( so if anyone wants one for off road use - make me a sensible offer!

Replaced it with http://spips.co.uk/rav4/photos/nudge.jpg which is made of similar material to bumper, so is as "pedestrian friendly" as a car can be!!

When I fitted the first nudge bar to the car, I spoke to my insurance company to see if it would affect my premium. She told me that so long as it didn't extend to the outside edges of the car, then my premium isn't affected. I presume from the conversation then, that as long as they are between the headlights and not at the corners you are safe.

phil

phil

would love your old nudge bars where in the world are you and how much is a reasonable offer regards dave :D

phil

would love your old nudge bars where in the world are you and how much is a reasonable offer regards dave :D

The link to Formula 4x4 where I bought it from (http://shop.formula4x4.com/shop/webstore/product_details.asp?ProductCode=21A53TORA3&Unit=&CalledBy=yes) shows £208 - I wouldn't expect to get anywhere near that for it, although I would expect about £100 at least. Email me at mail--at--spips--dot--co--dot--uk (removing the - and replace dot with . and at with @ )

I live just outside Manchester but am coming down to the London Fly Airshow at the end of April at Earls Court, so will be driving not far away from you, so I'm sure we could do a meet if you wanted to purchase it.

• 2 months later...

Hi All, I have a 2002 d4d Rav 4,very pleased with it, does anyone know if i could fit the nudgebar on it at the front or some kind of bull bar to it, I have looked everywhere trying to ge this nudgebar but to no joy, any kind of advise will be greatly appreciated.

Got mine fitted by main dealers not a bad price and they look good, plastic black with RAV thereon.

They are not illegal to fit all that crap comes from the lefty elite anti 4 wheel drive haters., who want us to drive noddy cars with electric engines, similar to the old East Germans Trebant's.

• 4 months later...

Has anyone fitted the Official Toyota Front Guard/nudge bar with Rav4 engraved into it onto their Mk2 Rav? Is it easy to fit (i.e no drilling, just attaching with screws?) and how much did it cost? Was it purchased separately? (I know it is part of the chrome pack). Any advice much appreciated.

Has anyone fitted the Official Toyota Front Guard/nudge bar with Rav4 engraved into it onto their Mk2 Rav? Is it easy to fit (i.e no drilling, just attaching with screws?) and how much did it cost? Was it purchased separately? (I know it is part of the chrome pack). Any advice much appreciated.

The full fitting instructions are available on the Toyota Publications website. From memory the bumper has to come off but it's not such a big job. I have no idea of the cost though.

Regards

The full fitting instructions are available on the Toyota Publications website. From memory the bumper has to come off but it's not such a big job. I have no idea of the cost though.

Regards

I recently bought a OME front bar off E/Bay from Pentagon Toyota in Sheffield, good price but after downloading the pdf from Toyota I ended up taking it to be fitted at my local main dealer. It was one of those jobs where the front of the Rav had to be totally taken off.(not my scene).It actually becomes part of the front of the car. Aftermart A -bars are ok to fit if they bolt on underneath the car but nowadays with all the safety laws a lot of them are just front-end style packs.

Clare

hi there

I fitted one to my mk 2 rav I was gonna fit it myself but after reading the destructions I played safe and got toyota to fit it they charged 90.00 which i figured was worth it. could so easily damage the paint by doing it your self

good luck mennace

• 3 months later...

does anyone have a picture of a soft nudge bar fitted, and know a supplier?

just had someone scuff my front bumper in brent cross car park!!!!

try here: http://www.toyota-4x4-accessories.com/

Their prices are good. I bought a rear bar for my 2000 Rav and am very pleased with it. Also got a tyre cover which is also very good quality. They do Nudge bars and there about 40% cheaper than a few of the other links people have posted here.

PS I dont work for them honest!! :)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Regards

Hi

Anyone know the URL for the Toyota Publications website where I can download the fitting instructions?

Thanks

Regards

Hi

Anyone know the URL for the Toyota Publications website where I can download the fitting instructions?

Thanks

Here you go......................

LINK

Thanks

Had a quick search but can't find anything relating to nudge bars. Will have a better look later.

Thanks

Had a quick search but can't find anything relating to nudge bars. Will have a better look later.

This takes you straight to the 2003 "Front Gaurd" but it doesn't say in your profile on the left which model you have.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aimup...15-X0951-00.pdf

The gaurd for 2000 - 2003 is slightly different;

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy/aimup...000RAV42000.pdf

Many thanks Anchorman. I was searching for nudge bar rather than front guard.

Does that tell us anything about your driving style :unsure: Assertive rather than defensive?

I've noticed people have been less assertive towards me since I fitted my big steel silver obvious A-bars! Pedestrians don't jump in front of me any more. Funny that.

Oh. What is a nudge bar? :huh:

Oh. What is a nudge bar? :huh:

A nudge bar you can just NUDGE the eco warrior protesting 4x4 haters out of the way.... :P :P :P :P

A full bull bar may chop some part of them off...... :o :o :!Removed!: :!Removed!: