Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Tire Dimension Should I Take?

LittleM@n

Hi!

I'm new in here (read also as novice :) ) and I have a big question:

I want to change my tires, and I saw an opportunity in this, to also change my rims and tyre diameter.

I have a standard Yaris (1.0l, '99 production) with 175/65R14 at the moment.

What should I take:185/55R15, or 195/50R15?

Don't wanna go at higher diameter, because we don't have good roads...(read as roads with big holes :) )

So, what should fit, and would be better for a more sporty driving, without scratching anything (exterior and interior), and also keeping a bit of confort?

And...are good Toyo Proxes T1R? Or there is something much better?

Btw, the difference of price is about 20 euros here...the 195 are cheaper,about 70 euros (talking about the Proxes T1R)

P.S.:Sorry of the bad english!

195/50x15 Toyo T1-r or T1-s.. top notch stuff, and cheaper (because it's a more popular size) :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club.

In my opinion the 175/65R14 is god. ;)

But the 185/55R15 is exelent. :thumbsup:

The 195/50R15 :eek: you don´t have a T-Sport. It´s only 1.0 with 68 hp ;)

itll be ok ..it can take 15s ..had them once before on 16s now ..my sis has 15s on her standard yaris and no probs

195/50/15 would be best..the other is way out.my sis has lenso rs5s and she has gone through a few holes with no probs

toyos would be good for performance but they wear quickly more so than a standard one ..tyres dont really matter in my opinion but its up to you

Edited by yaris30

The 195/50R15 :eek: you don´t have a T-Sport. It´s only 1.0 with 68 hp ;)

It doesn't matter if it's not a T-Sport.. on 15" 195/50x15 is the best option, there is a difference of 4.25mm in rolling radius (195 being a little lower) and it is 10mm wider, so, more rubber on the road which = better performance.

As far as how long a tyre will last, no-one can possibly say.. every car is different, every driver is different, the mileage you get from a tyre depends on too many variables.. road surface, car set up, driving style.. so what is good for one person, might not be good for another... but at my work, Toyo is the most popular choice by far :thumbsup:

tyres dont really matter in my opinion but its up to you

they are the only thing that connect you to the road??

I'd go for the 195/50 option as I have 195/45 on my 15" wheels and it's fine for me but it could be a bit uncomfortable on worse roads! :yes:

I have Toyo T1-S all round and they're great tyres! :thumbsup:

195/50x15 Toyo T1-r or T1-s.. top notch stuff, and cheaper (because it's a more popular size) :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club.

15"- with 195/50x15 will fit without arch modifications (195/45x15 if lowering is planned) PDC 4x100, 15x7J, ET38, would be best

I've been having trouble trying to find some that I like that are 195/45x15, would 195/50x15 be ok if I got some lowering done at some stage? I don't want to buy wheels now that will rule out lowering as a future option.

I have the GS Kev.. i'm sure there would be enough room to lower it 30mm without any problems.. infact, i was talking to Job Geevers (whiteline automotive, Dalgety Bay) a while ago, and he told me 30mm would be fine. However, if you were thinking of coilovers.. or lower than a 30mm drop, then go for 45's.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links