Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi All , Need A Little Advise

markedgar

hi all ,

could do with a little help

i have just purchased a 2000 1.0 gls yaris.

1st thing the mpg thingy in the radio display is permenantly on 0.00 ?

2nd thing only have 1 key, so any ideas where i can get another 1 without paying toyota dealer prices?

apart from these loving the car esp as only paid £1800 FOR IT

1st take the car for a drive,if that does not work the unit is faulty or its not connected properly

The MPG only shows when you're driving (because your not doing any miles per gallon just sitting on the drive! ;) )

If its like that when driving then, as has been said, might be an issue. :thumbsup:

How much have Toyota quoted you for a replacement key?

wont you need to get a key from toyota? because they have transponders for the imobilisers afaik

You can also change from MPG to "Av MPG". The plain MPG only shows the current MPG, so unless you're driving somewhere it'll be 0. Try fiddling with the settings to change to Av MPG?

And keeping your finger on the button shall reset it back to zero :thumbsup:

Another few tips are -

Keep your finger on the 'mode' button and the back-lit light will go out , hold it down again and it will turn it back on.

If you need to turn your headlights on but can't read the display because it's not bright enough press the 'mph/kph' button once and this will turn the brightness up. You can also do the same procedure to make it dull without your lights on by pressing the button.

**Note that if you press it to many times you may change the speed reading from MPH to KPH - just simply press the button again!**

And if you didn't know the blue thermometer thing tells you that the engine is cold and needs to be driven 'angel like' until it goes out ....... sometimes it takes a while to go out but just to let you know it isn't a problem.

Sometimes the engine can feel like the rev's are dropping really low as if the car is going to stall - somebody has said that it's something to do with the VVTi and a quick blast on the motorway in 2nd and 3rd gear to the red-line sorts out the problem (I have tried it and it works)

I think that's about all - maybe other members could add some other tips too!

And finally WELCOME TO THE CLUB :thumbsup:

no think the sensor need a clean

The price you paid was rather cheap i think. has it been stuffed in the past? check your panel gaps and look under the bonnet. the paint work should be a matt finish. what im getting at is if it has been front ended in the past it could have trashed the sensor or somate :)

paid trade price, all ok panel wise

just trying to locate sensor, LOL

i took it as part ex decided to keep it

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links