Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Slight ***** From Car When Moving Off

HitenV

Hi,

I have a 1.6vvti T-Spirit automatic - 2002 model. On the weekend, I did an oil / filter change - put in approx 3.5 litres of oil. I also replaced the air filter.

I am finding that when I move off from stand-still -there is a slight ***** and that the car rev's a little higher until it starts to move. I did notice that the air filter was the wrong way around (had to turn it 90 deg).

I'm not sure if excess oil has caused this problem - when checking the oil stick, the oil level mark is higher than the 2 metal dots.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Hiten

Hi,

I have a 1.6vvti T-Spirit automatic - 2002 model. On the weekend, I did an oil / filter change - put in approx 3.5 litres of oil. I also replaced the air filter.

I am finding that when I move off from stand-still -there is a slight ***** and that the car rev's a little higher until it starts to move. I did notice that the air filter was the wrong way around (had to turn it 90 deg).

I'm not sure if excess oil has caused this problem - when checking the oil stick, the oil level mark is higher than the 2 metal dots.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Hiten

I notice the rev goes up a lot faster after changing oil and oil filter

Kev

Thanks Kev,

But is it normal for a slight judder just as the car starts to move off?

Thanks Kev,

But is it normal for a slight judder just as the car starts to move off?

Well, after I drained and refill the oil. The first time it started, it judder a bit and sounds like the oil hasn't been circulated enough yet. Apart from that, no problem of juddering since then

Kev