Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can Dvd Audio Be Played Via Verso's Speakers?

eventhorizon

Can anyone please help a newbie re-route the audio from the DVD away from the infrared headphones so I can play it via the car's Speakers, so that the tinies in the back (one who won't wear the headphones and one who can't wear them in her high-back booster seat) can listen to the movies. I'm looking for a workaround rather than a major hack or ICE installation job, but any assistance will be gratefully received. TIA.

Can anyone please help a newbie re-route the audio from the DVD away from the infrared headphones so I can play it via the car's speakers, so that the tinies in the back (one who won't wear the headphones and one who can't wear them in her high-back booster seat) can listen to the movies. I'm looking for a workaround rather than a major hack or ICE installation job, but any assistance will be gratefully received. TIA.

What about something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-CHANNELS-STEREO-...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I am in the same situation and have found www.connects2.com. I am waiting for them to confirm what part is compatable with the verso.... I reckon you should be able to take the audio out from the dvd (standard rca plugs) and put it into the connects2 box.....

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to do this as well - could anybody describe the process of sending by radio wave to a novice (Installation Etc)

• 2 months later...

I would love to do this as well - could anybody describe the process of sending by radio wave to a novice (Installation Etc)

Hello All, Just bought a Verso and just joined this owners club, - newbie. So far so good

Anyway to cut to the chase, I have bought a radio transmitter from Amazon see this link:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000CME...ce&n=560798

You just plug it into your mp3 player tune in your radio and listen. No wiring is required

Price £8-50 including postage! sound quality is excellent, as good as any fm radio station, its small & neat and runs off batteries or a cigarrette lighter socket.

As you can tell I am really happy with it, the RF modulator I bought for my last car cost me £30 was bigger and was nothing to look at. :)

I should say that it takes a strong audio signal to drive this unit and my sony HD5 Mp3 player was a bit too weak at first which meant that I had to turn up the radio loud and this makes the signal more noisy. I did a software hack to turn up the sony's max volume level and now it sounds great, its just as loud as the rest of the FM radio stations. (well known HD5 hack but I never had a reason to do it before)

A lot of Mp3 players run off 1.5 or 3V and drive their headphones with high currrent rather than high voltage output signals, so they struggle to drive things other than headphones, but a 12V unit e.g. dvd player will probably be OK.

For £8 why not just try it!!!

Hope this helps.

Martin :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

how i did mine was get this lead from a site called car audio plus

1 x Toyota Auxiliary Audio Adapter (VTYX002) (VTYX002) = £54.97

it plugs into the autochanger socket and you link that via rca leads to the dvd player and it sounds far better than an fm transmitter also if you link it via an audio switching box you can add other feeds as well ie mp3 players etc

• 2 weeks later...

how i did mine was get this lead from a site called car audio plus

1 x Toyota Auxiliary Audio Adapter (VTYX002) (VTYX002) = £54.97

it plugs into the autochanger socket and you link that via rca leads to the dvd player and it sounds far better than an fm transmitter also if you link it via an audio switching box you can add other feeds as well ie mp3 players etc

Wouldn't mind seeing a picture of your set up :) if possible. We took the fm route and were deeply disappointed with the audio quality.

• 1 month later...

Got a wireless FM transmitter off eBay with a SD card slot and input in and it works perfect, no interferance, also I use it for the sound off my DVD player and screens in my T180 so that the sound comes out of Speakers for my young daughter( then she doesnt have to wear headphones as she is too small)

try searching for wireless FM transmitter on e-bay, thers are hundreds

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ALL-IN-1-WIRELESS-DE...1QQcmdZViewItem

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread but it is the only one I can find with the same problem as me - two small children that can't wear the headphones due to cubikt issues and stubborness.

Has anyone come up with a solution to getting the sound through the car Speakers? Some of the replies seem to talk about Ipods and MP3s which are easily solved with the FM transmitters that are readily available, but with the DVd player not having any obvious sound out sockets, there is nowhere to plug an FM transmitter in.

I don't fancy taking the radio out and wiring stuff in as I always feel that the things you take out (ie the radio) never seem to fit quite as well as they did before.

What I am hoping for is if someone has a wiring diagram of the ICE set-up or any details of where a wireless FM transmitter can be plugged into the DVD player.

Use a lead from the back of the DVD player (RCAs to Phono lead)

Then plug this into FM Transmitter (Ipod, etc)

and tune in to Cars FM Station

any more info

jonlc25@hotmail.com

• 1 year later...

Is this still the best way to do this, or is there a better way ? I am buying an 05 plate Verso T Spirit and my son is 2 and I dont fancy the chance of getting the headphones on him.......

Dave

Can anyone tell me where the audio out connectors are on the DVD player ? Are they on the unit or are they on the box thats on the underneath of the seat that has power and video for the screens plugged in ?

Dave

• 6 months later...
Can anyone tell me where the audio out connectors are on the DVD player ? Are they on the unit or are they on the box thats on the underneath of the seat that has power and video for the screens plugged in ?

Dave

I too read about this solution - went under my seat - and found a DVD player with no obvious connections. A set of wires come out to a Box with wires coming back out of it that disappear away somewhere.

The easy solution seems to be the FM Transmitter into a phono (or adapted) socket (I know the FM transmitters work, I have one in a lighter socket for playing SD cards) - but where on earth do you plug one into the DVD player...

• 4 years later...

Hi,

I am in the same situation and have found www.connects2.com. I am waiting for them to confirm what part is compatable with the verso.... I reckon you should be able to take the audio out from the dvd (standard rca plugs) and put it into the connects2 box.....

I know this is very old thread but just wondering if you receive any update or connector? to get audio output.

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

as above, this thread is even older now but has anyone succesfully done this and if so can you explain in laymans terms how you did it please?

I cannot see how fm transmitter works with this setup! What am I missing??

someone said the connects2 would work and I understand where it plugs in at the head unit but I cannot make out where the other end would plug in to the dvd end??

help would be very much appreciated as my little girl will not sit with the headphones on either :-/

Wonder why Toyota didnt make it an option to switch audio from headphones / Speakers straight from the factory.

thanks

dave

• 8 months later...

No good news; however if one lifts the driver seat position up and look under the seat above the DVD player there is box with a male 3.5mm going into a (Centurion Video) Adapter AD-6865 that I find very odd because it is an male and not female connector. Has anyone converted this male into a female in female out and then plugged in an male 3.5mm audio device or headphones?

I am going to order one of these connectors "3.5mm female joiner".

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links