Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheelnut (stupid Question?)

Yaris Verso

Can I use my "old" wheelnuts on my new OZ racing wheels or do I need longer ones? I got the centralising rings today from OZ so soon they will be on the car.

You will need new wheel nuts, any local wheel retailer should be able to supply them to yourself.

They will be longer than the ones from your steel wheels, and you cant use nuts that were on your steelies with something to do with them oxidising or melting to the alloy.

As you can tell I didnt really pay much attention in science lessons, apart from when fire was involved ;)

Can I use my "old" wheelnuts on my new OZ racing wheels or do I need longer ones? I got the centralising rings today from OZ so soon they will be on the car.

You will need new wheel nuts, any local wheel retailer should be able to supply them to yourself.

They will be longer than the ones from your steel wheels, and you cant use nuts that were on your steelies with something to do with them oxidising or melting to the alloy.

As you can tell I didnt really pay much attention in science lessons, apart from when fire was involved ;)

Sorry Matty.. your wrong,, but also right :wacko::unsure::lol:

The need for new wheel nuts will depend on a few factors... type of alloys, type of car, and the type of wheel nut you currently have.

My Yaris came with standard 14" steel wheels.. the nuts on the car as standard were the exact same as the wheel nuts that came with my new alloys (only the new ones were brighter (:lol: can't spell shineyer).

pictured below..

KIF_0529.jpg

Could be a good idea to pop into your local reputable tyre dealer.. or alloy wheel shop, and ask if yours will hold the alloys on. :thumbsup:

As always, Thanks for you kind help Davy! I will try to sort things out when I take of my old tyres. Do you keep your car in parts under the computer just in case I ask some stupied questions :-)

Best

Fredrik

Well.. it stops the wife driving it while i'm at work :lol:

Well seen i'm Scottish eh!.. i had to fill that lighter up before i took the picture. :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links