Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wait Till You Hear This ! !

viperroom_112

So guys , got my springs fitted today TTE , £45-Bargain ... Car looks great plus no scrubbing ! But !!!!

I spoke to my insurers endsleigh last week who said to me that my premium will change for the addition of springs , but the change will not be significant!!!!!! :wacko: So I called them and asked for a qoute , I am currently paying £1600 with me the named driver (19 year old student) + one accident .... So they said they would get back to me......

Half an hour later ...

and one qoute of £2890.00 .... :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: :ffs: HAHAHAH so i just laughed ... Luckily my insurance is up so elephant.co.uk here I am .. quoted £700 , comprehensive , named driver , all mods declared.. Brilliant

So much for endleigh being student insurance ... They are S****

So, they didn't think a hike of nearly 1300 quid was "significant" eh? :rolleyes:

I've always wondered about mods adding to the insurance. Why is this? Assuming the work has been done correctly, what makes it more of a risk? The idea that you may drive less carefully or faster, perhaps? :unsure:

Perhaps an underwriter will pop in and answer! :P

Nice quote from Elephant. Well done. :thumbsup:

Wow!

I was gutted that Tesco want to add £80 to my insurance for fitting alloys!

I'm sure insurance companies assume that anyone who fits alloys/lowering springs etc is going to drive like a boy racer.

They are an absoloute Joke .... So expensive and absololoutely useless . When I had an accident they neglected to pay the other guys insurance excess on time , therefore his insurance company said they would take me to court !! After about three days of pesstering ensleigh they got there a*** into gear and paid!! :ffs: :censor:

Alot of stress , unhappiness and problems , glad to see the back of them !!

I use Adrian Flux, but from what Ive been told they're not so hot for younger drivers. The consensus seems to be elephant or tescso - but watch out most companies wont replace the mods if you have a ding- they'll just pay for the stock parts to go back on.

Yeah, was just gonna say, someone mentioned on here recently about Elephant not covering replacement mods, even though they are declared.... probably how they get away with a much cheaper quote...

By all means take the quote, but just to let you know! :thumbsup:

I'm with Endleigh as well but I've found them pretty good. I had someone run into the back of me while sitting at traffic lights a couple of weeks ago - nothing too serious - just a bit of bumper damage. I called them when i got into work and they had had a garage phone me within 30 mins to arrange to have it looked at a couple of days later. It went in to get repaired on the 20th and i'm currently driving a brand new 06 ford fiesta hire car which is pretty cool ( a bit more powerful than my yaris). This is the first time I've had to deal with an insurance company so i'm not sure if this is normal service, but i've been pretty impressed.....so far.

im with endsleigh atm. all i can say is that i wont be stayin with them. they cancelled my policy 3 times due to their own mistakes. altho they were the cheapest with my mods at the time. they didnt tell me that i couldnt add any more mods. so bye bye endsleigh in june

I'm currently with Tesco who are pants, just done a quote for my car, all mods declared with Admiral for £675 fully comp, and a T-Sport with the same mods for £9 more a year!!!!! :P And that's on a Manchester postcode!! Do it at my aunties which has a cheshire postcode and its like £250 cheaper still!

I know what my 1st choice would be!! T-Sport here i come! :thumbsup:

I was with Endsleigh for my 1st year of Insurance - I had a 1.1 P Reg Fiesta, dead basic and no mods at all. I swapped to a Yaris 1.0 T3 half way through (brand new one aswell) and then at renewal they wanted so much more money, it was crazy so I went to Tesco and have been with them ever since.

Can't believe they wanted to charge that much, it's just crazy :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links