Do Not Sell My Personal Information

vmail

Hi, I will be booking my car for service soon, what did everyone pay for their service

My wife has booked hers in for next week, I think that's the 30,000 mile service and she was quoted £88 at FRF Toyota in Swansea.

Mine (1st service btw) was about £100 in Leicester.... 3rd service is also intermittent, so should be a similar price I think....

Just had my first (intermediate) service done at Mr T on Tuesday so you can't get much more current prices than that!

£85.69 (includes VAT).

No screenwash! :thumbsup:

Ive been quoted £125, must be to fund their new showroom

My Mr T's showroom has just had a total refit. Swish, it looks like an hotel. As I pulled up outside, my car operated the automatic doors.

Glad they didn't expect me to help pay for it! :P

Just had my first (intermediate) service done at Mr T on Tuesday so you can't get much more current prices than that!

£85.69 (includes VAT).

No screenwash!

I've just been quoted £160 from my dealer (Inchcape Toyota) at Oxford Motor Park in Kidlington. I'm glad I read this thread before I handed my keys over!!

I've looked through the service book to see what they actually do on the 30,00 mile service and to be honest it's not much more than kick the tyres. I asked the receptionist why it was £160 and she said that for a start the labour charges are £85 per hour. So I said that it's only a half hour job so that's £42.50...

"actually it's a 0.7 hour job", "okay thats about £60", "yeah, but at the 30,000 service they also change the air filter"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I walked out of there and thought I'd find somewhere else to take the yaris to.

So, I'm looking for somewhere near Oxford to get a service. If there is anyone out there who can recomend a garage who will do a intermediate service for < £100 that'll be useful.

£85.69 (includes VAT).

No screenwash!

I've just been quoted £160 from my dealer (Inchcape Toyota) at Oxford Motor Park in Kidlington. I'm glad I read this thread before I handed my keys over!!

I've looked through the service book to see what they actually do on the 30,00 mile service and to be honest it's not much more than kick the tyres. I asked the receptionist why it was £160 and she said that for a start the labour charges are £85 per hour. So I said that it's only a half hour job so that's £42.50...

"actually it's a 0.7 hour job", "okay thats about £60", "yeah, but at the 30,000 service they also change the air filter"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, I walked out of there and thought I'd find somewhere else to take the yaris to.

So, I'm looking for somewhere near Oxford to get a service. If there is anyone out there who can recomend a garage who will do a intermediate service for < £100 that'll be useful.

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Alot of people are having problems with the dealership you have meantioned. If it's not the price it's the service.

Some body will be along later to give you a list of the nice guys at Mr T in your area :thumbsup:

DIY? Or you after a stamp too?

There is an Octagon in Reading, and one in Bracknell .. the hourly rate at a branded Mr T is the killer though.

Well check this out!!! I've been really :censor: off by my "local" toyota dealer which is Currie Motors twickenham (NEVER GO THERE), so i decided to shop around for my 70k (intermediate) service.

Heres the results:

Twickenham: £180 "roughly" (the :censor: 's)

Kingston: £120 "roughly"

Slough: £117.93

Guilford: £115.05

Bracknell: £95.50

Sandhurst: £102.63

I'm booked in on monday with BRACKNELL and i get a 10% TOC Gold discount!!!! :thumbsup:

Just do a dealer search on toyota uk site and ring up all of the ones in your area for a quote :thumbsup:

When I was asking booking for my 50,000 service at Inchape Toyota, Kidlington quoted £320.00 (yeah I know £320.00!)

That's ten percent of the price of the car. :blink:

After shopping around I found a company in London that said they will do it for £120.00.

I went to cancel my service with Inchape Toyota they said "ok ok, we'll do it for £220.00"

I laughed. They seem to quote what they want, and then expect you to haggle them down

Anyways I hope yours goes better.

I'm booked in on monday with BRACKNELL and i get a 10% TOC Gold discount!!!! :thumbsup:

And out very own European Bob is down there ;)

Don't use em.

I got my 20K done by a guy recommended by a few people here, and the MR2 owners club up in Northampton.

Inchcape Kidlington quoted summit like £220.

I paid £70 for my 20K service.

Get the parts, and get it serviced elsewhere. All it is at the end of the day, is a Toyota dealership stamp you pay for, and crap service...

i had my 20k service last weekend...

was 70 quid and runs sweet as a nut (tightened handbrake and did sommat with the front brakes and it feels so much sharper :D)

Me again, you know, the one with the Mr T 10,000 mile serviced Yaris for under £86. The quote per hour for labour is right. One small snag... it's a half hour job. :yes:

What's 0.7 of an hour? 42 minutes. How on Earth can they be that precise? The sensible way to avoid losing your customers is surely to call it half an hour, even if it takes a little over. If it's an hour's labour then fair enough, but they are pushing it asking people to pay extra for a slower worker, if you ask me! Oh and I've already guessed the response from some dealers "we take more time to make sure the job is done properly". Yeah, right! :rolleyes:

I was very happy with the service I got at Lindops, Queensferry, my Mr T. I remember a couple of years back needing a service for my last Yaris and I phoned a Mr T nearer to me for a quote. It was dearer so I stayed with the one I've always used. Good advice from others in this thread, shop around. even Toyota dealers' prices vary.

I got a call from Toyota asking if I was happy about the service, now they want me to write to them

Right - I'm flippin glad I read this. Just rung the local Octagon Toyota and given them a b :censor: llocking down the phone for quoting me 180.00 for a 30,000 mile service, due tomorrow.

Got it down to 90.00 :laughing:

Good Good!!! and it's not just toyota!!! my girlfriend got quoted a £200 difference on a major service on her citreon between 2 bollingmores (dealer) a few miles apart!!!! She then phoned the more expensive one and told them to go ******** with a *******!!!

Right - I'm flippin glad I read this. Just rung the local Octagon Toyota and given them a b :censor: llocking down the phone for quoting me 180.00 for a 30,000 mile service, due tomorrow.

Got it down to 90.00 :laughing:

Bit of a difference... half price! I'm sure they'd get many more people using them if they weren't known to charge such extortionate prices. Once it's done, ask them how they could justify trying to get you to pay double the price of the job in the first place! :yes:

Just got off the phone from the Manager. Hull charges more because their oil cost more and the wage of their staff is a bit higher than other Toyotas,but ther is still a big difference.

Salford £96

Grimsby £106

Hull £126

The refund for the screen wash and Air filter should be with me soon

Are the Wiper Blades ment to be checked every service?