Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Wipers

Demonic Angel

Need to buy Kaori some new wipers desperately - they are juddering and streaking over the windscreen (even though I was told they were replaced at the service in December :rolleyes: )

So, I need some recommendations for some good quality wipers please - I hear Bosch are good, but they cant be the only ones.

Also, would you recommend getting wipers with a spoiler? What difference will it make?

Oh and also, while you're posting a reply.... can you tell me the name of a website to order said wipers from - I know Halfrauds sell Bosch, but only Bosch and the Halfords own brand (which I assume are rubbish?)

Cheers me dears!

I'd go for Toyota's own, they're fine if kept in good condition and they're priced well! Give the spoilers a bodyswerve, a bit chavtastic! :thumbsup:

:lol::lol:

I thought the spoilers served a purpose - other than being chavtastic....

Shows how much I know I guess! :lol::lol:

Get yourself some Bosch ones - they last longer, wipe better and the drivers side has the blade/spoiler thingy which is meant to push the blade harder onto the screen at motorway speeds.

Ive always replaced all our cars wipers with Bosch ones and uprated the headlight bulbs to xenon ones ... its all good if you can see where you're going!

I think they're meant to Em but they're not worthwhile and the only cars I've seen them on are Cavalier's and mk3 Astra's! :!Removed!:

the Valeo silencio ones are the ones we sell loads off at work. Spoilers do make a diff. keep the wipers on the screen at speed

I just spoke to a mate on MSN and he recommended getting a wiper with a spoiler blade, they're better apparently.... :unsure:

He also recommended Bosch :thumbsup:

Bing, Bang, Bosch!

As above, the spoiler on the driver's side is useful, and is black, so don't look chavvy at all IMO...

Im a Bosch man too ..... and having a spoiler on the blade helps alot especially on the moterway I've noticed :thumbsup: !

They are nice and simple to fit too :thumbsup: !

Well I've just ordered a set of Bosch's (inc spoiler - was only £1.50 extra!) from a company called Wiperblades.co.uk - you dont even have to know your sizes, you just select your car from the drop down boxes and they give you the right size! :thumbsup:

The Wiper Blades on there are 15" and 21" for the yaris

I just went to toyota today for some Wiper Blades, and the sizes I had were 14" and 20"

I doubt 1" will make a difference, just thought i'd let you know.

they seem cheap on there, they'r more like £8 upwards in Halfords, how much was postage if you don't mind me asking.

Ah, well, this post is too late, Demonic Angel, but hopefully it may serve others looking for the same info. Here is what I found:

Sometime ago Auto Express (a weekly auto magazine in the UK) had a comparative survey on windscreen wipers. They found the best of the ones surveyed was Valeo Silencio, the same one as mentioned in Chyownster's post. This caused an amazing, massive sell-out of this single brand way above the expected surge following the publication as reported in another write-up!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/...een_wipers.html

There was another shorter, and probably dated (2002) survey which put Champion Twin VX45/X45 on top. The Valeo here may be of a different model.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?L30712BDC

If you want to save some money, you may like to replace only the worn out rubber strips. For these there is currently a thread on the very topic in the alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains newsgroup:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I2A612BDC

Before I learned all of that, I bought the Halfords own brand ones. They are good. As for the spoilers, I have never had them myself, as I can't recall if I ever had wipers lifted from the windscreen while shooting down the motorway.

armoredfist2002, I must investigate the ones from Toyota further. Automatically, Toyota was excluded from my consideration because I am under the impression that spare parts from all car manufacturers from the Far East (with the possible exception of Nissan; the worst is Hyundai) are far and away much too expensive, unjustifiably!

--

Bee.

Doh!

Get rain X!, Since i have put that on i a) hardly use wipers

B) when i do.. ALL the water moves off the screen without any smearing or fuss. so its kinda like revived my wipers :)

The wiper blades on there are 15" and 21" for the yaris

I just went to toyota today for some wiper blades, and the sizes I had were 14" and 20"

they seem cheap on there, they'r more like £8 upwards in halfords, how much was postage if you don't mind me asking.

:eek:

I hope they fit - it just said "Yaris 2001 onwards" :unsure:

I just went to toyota today for some wiper blades, and the sizes I had were 14" and 20"

they seem cheap on there, they'r more like £8 upwards in halfords, how much was postage if you don't mind me asking.

:eek:

I hope they fit - it just said "Yaris 2001 onwards" :unsure:

they should be fine, once you fit them just wet the windows and stick the wipers on and make sure the blade is touching the window.

Good!

I've gotta fit the buggers next.... that should be a laugh.... I hope they come with clear, concise instructions.... :lol::lol:

Good!

I've gotta fit the buggers next.... that should be a laugh.... I hope they come with clear, concise instructions.... :lol::lol:

''Rich . . . be a love . . . . ''

How much is Mr T Charging?

...Sometime ago Auto Express (a weekly auto magazine in the UK) had a comparative survey on windscreen wipers. They found the best of the ones surveyed was Valeo Silencio...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/...een_wipers.html

Re-reading my post I realised that I'd given the wrong reference for Valeo Silencio! This survey rated it 3rd. I did come across another survey where it came top though but I can't locate it now. At the time following the report I searched high and low for information about this brand for I had never heard of it before. To this day, I have no knowledge about the other, the top choice in this report in the link. Notwithstanding, this mistaken link is also valid hence we are in the fortunate position of having a wider selection of recommended options. Sorry about the confusion!

--

Bee.

Hey guys , I must confess I agree with Ryan , that the blades with a spoiler are a bit chav (especially the chrome ones)! BUT ! They do make a difference , especially on the motorway , or even in the morning when there is still a bit of frost around the screen. As I used to have them when I first got the car :P , but they were needing changed so I purchased the Bosch set.

David

How much is Mr T Charging?

I thought the bloke said £9 each, but on the receipt it says £9.41 (That's for the 2 front wipers)

Drivers wiper is £5.14

Passenger is £2.87

-----------------------

Total £8.01

Then you've got the VAT (£1.40) so it comes to £9.41

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links