Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Wipers

Demonic Angel

I've always used the Bosch blades, I didn't realise how much I was being ripped off by Halfords though.

I'm going to buy from the website you used Em' from now on.

I use blades 15 & 21.

The first time I tried using them (bear in mind the Yaris is my first car) It took ages to find out how to do it standing in Halfords car park like a flid, scratching my head.

They come with a box in the package, it's a adaptor for other types of cars this is what confused me.

In the end I read that this adaptor isn't needed so just ignore it.

The blade will clip onto the metal wiper arm directly, it takes two minutes for me to do now.

I replaced them just a few days ago, as the old ones were making a noise after good use.

Good luck with them.

Need to buy Kaori some new wipers desperately - they are juddering and streaking over the windscreen (even though I was told they were replaced at the service in December :rolleyes: )

Em,

I am suprised that you need new Wiper Blades on a car with such a low mileage ......especially as the (supposedly) changed them at the 10000 service.

Have you been cleaning them with neat screenwash on a soft cloth and wiping the blades along the whole length with the wet cloth? You would be suprised how much road muck (Diesel etc) gets stuck to the blades and wiping gently down the length of the blades keeps them really clean.

I clean my blades whenever I clean the car and have done over 18000 miles now without any need to change blades.

Its a good website that you have found.........so I just might get some to put by for when I do need to change them :thumbsup:

Spot on Steve about the cleaning thing and I just put my 2 fingers togehter and just run them down the length of the blade usually. My first set lasted about 40k before I changed them! :thumbsup:

I've tried cleaning them Steve, but its not worked.... hence the purchase of a new set!

I must admit, they're good on service - got an email at 3.30 today saying they'd been dispatched and should be with me tomorrow! :D

I really doubt they were changed at the service in all honesty.... but I cant prove that.... :unsure:

Well I got my Bosch's today.... can I fit them.... can I 'eck!

I just cant figure it out and I'd rather wait for Rich than break my wiper arm off! :lol:

I just cant figure it out...

Ah, it's simplicity itself *when* you have finally solved the riddle! I had the same difficulty!

Let me try. The wiper set has 3 parts: the wiper arm, the wiper blade, and the blade rubber refill. In their parked position, the three are all in a straight line lying parallel at the base of the windscreen. What you have to do, trying on the set on the driver side first, is:

1) Lift the set from its parked position, away from the windscreen to a 'stop' (you can't move any further) so that all three components are pointing more or less perpendicular to the windscreen;

2) Swivel (or turn) the wiper blade together with its rubber refill about its joint in the middle so that the bundle (i.e. with its rubber refill) comes to rest at right angle to (perpendicular with) the forward projecting wiper arm. Now the only part of the wiper *blade* which hasn't turned and is still *in line* with the wiper *arm* is a small, 1 cm projection; the rest is making a T joint with the wiper arm at its tip;

3) While steadying the wiper arm with the Rt. hand, grip this small projection or tag between your Lt. thumb and index finger. Move the tag gently but firmly in the direction of the windscreen along the length of the wiper arm (now sticking in the air), i.e. in a downward direction. You will find the tip of the wiper arm starting to move (appears to, relative to the wiper blade) and appearing in the narrow gap between the blade and its rubber refill, nudging the refill and threatening to tear it away. Continue sliding the tag down towards the hinge of the wiper at the windscreen. Twist and reposition the blade so that the tip of the wiper arm misses the now stretched rubber refill;

4) Once the tag has moved about 1 cm, it will come adrift from the end 'hook' of the wiper arm; the assembly is held together cleverly only by friction, the tag filling and jamming smugly inside the open loop of this hook (My example is a Halfords' one; your Bosch's presumably has the same detaining mechanism); and

5) In this disentangled state, you can now easily work out how the blade with its refill can be removed from the wiper arm completely.

This is an exercise par excellence in itself for me in explaining in words an intricate procedure lacking in diagrams or pictures (which are especially sorely missed!). I hope my mission has been successful. :)

--

Bee.

I just cant figure it out and I'd rather wait for Rich than break my wiper arm off! :lol:

You girl ........ Oh I forgot you was one :lol::lol:

BTW I ordered mine on sunday night and I recieved them yesterday :wacko:

It's really hard to discribe how to do it - so i'll let Rich show you :thumbsup: !

Rich just fitted them for me - 5 second jobbies! So at least I know now! :lol:

They look nice too, spoiler doesnt look incredibly chavvy either!

i've just had to replace mine and i got halfords own and they're all you need, silent and very clear!!!

£14.99 for both sides!!! :thumbsup:

Really??

I got my Boschs cheaper than that (delivery and spoiler included) :unsure:

i've just had to replace mine and i got halfords own and they're all you need, silent and very clear!!!

£14.99 for both sides!!! :thumbsup:

Really??

I got my Boschs cheaper than that (delivery and spoiler included) :unsure:

Bargin hey ;) !