Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Display And Radio Won't Come On

Roweow

Hi,

I have a 2001 Yaris, and i removed my CD player and handsfree kit earlier, as i'm part ex'ing it on saturday for a 2006 Yaris. Anyway....

I removed all the bits and plugged it all back together, and now the centre display doesn't come on, the radio won't come on, and the central locking zapper doesn't work. Any ideas as to why? A Fuse? If so which one?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Chris

So a fuse then?

Also in the back of the display, the additional connector, i assume is for Sat Nav if you were to have it?

(thanks for the reply!)

No,

Which makes me think that its a fuse?

I also had to cut two wires to remove the CD player, but they just went to the CD player (they had been spliced) the original wires are intact. But the wiring in the back of the radio / display won't affect the remote locking will it?

Which fuse would it be that needs to be checked? I have looked at a load of them and can't find anything.....

Sorry getting a little panicky! Lemme ask some questions rather than blabbering:

1) Which fuse controls the radio, the display and the zapper?

2) What else could this be?

3) What is the extra plug hole for on the back of the display unit?

I *think* the extra plug hole is for the Fly lead which goes to the T sport dials, rather than the digital dash as this has a completely different lead to connect them up. The only reason i would dimiss this being sat nav is the fact that Sat nav has a differen unit entirely to the best of my knowledge.

I wouldn't worry too much about it being broken as they won't check it before you hand over the keys, and it will most probbily just go to auction so they won't care - Thats my view on it anyway.

**Note - You would have to go else where for warranty claims and service on the new one if they do notice the faults :P**

I've got to drive 400 miles in it first though! With no Radio! Argh!

The connector i mean is on the back of the Radio display and not on the bac of the actually Speedometer display, the Sat-Nav has to plug in somewhere no?

check them all :rolleyes:

Yep .... in the compartment to the righthand side under the steering wheel :thumbsup: !

Once you have rules out it isn't a duff fuse then we can look at the other options :thumbsup: !

Ok, so i just replace them one by one?

I have looked at them, they look ok, but i don't have another 7.5 amp to test with!

(p.s. thanks for all the advice!)

Ok, so i just replace them one by one?

I have looked at them, they look ok, but i don't have another 7.5 amp to test with!

(p.s. thanks for all the advice!)

You have to check them properly .......

I had a quick glance over and they all looked okay, so I got the multimeter out and it proved me wrong. If you don't have a multimeter take them out and look at them in propper day light.

Plus the box of the lid it tells you what fuse it what, but most of them I didn't understand

Plus the box of the lid it tells you what fuse it what, but most of them I didn't understand

Join the Club!

The connector i mean is on the back of the Radio display and not on the bac of the actually Speedometer display, the Sat-Nav has to plug in somewhere no?

Not sure on the sat nav, i said from the speedo as obviously to work out average speed it gets all the data from the speedo head, distance travelled etc. And when i looked at connecting TS dials to a Non TS i suspected that was the way it worked, hence me saying *i think* as i'm not 100% on this.

Sorry my comments were really of help

I would say dig out a mp3 player and headphones just in case Lol

Well after a call to Toyota Technical Services it was the 'Dome' Fuse which is the only fuse which supplies all of those services. Its under the bonnet. At the same time there is a fuse 'acc' which supplies the radio as well....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links