Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Relocating Apexi

Thunder Sport

Right had a go at relocating the apexi and i have no idea how u guys done it!

And cause i cant view peoples garages then i cant see what its like relocated

Anyway i bascially tried to tilt the Battery 45 degress but it still not going in the apexi is too fat and it would rub the Battery any way so any other suggestions?

Ok - you need to get the Battery right round to 90degrees - which in turn means you need to support it in some way. I ended up using a polished Battery tray from an Evo (kindly sourced by kimi). Others have used 'other techniques' - inlcuding a couple of sheets of plywood ... mention no names!

Then you need to get a longer earth lead - it needs to be about twice aslong as the existing one. I discovered after making one for someone else that Halfords sell them premade for couple of quid.

Lastly Id recommend making some sort of bracket to hold the Apexi in place - mines uses a little bracket that bolts in turn to the Battery tray.

Hope that helps

PM me if you need a pic ...

Mine's turned 90deg with no support... if you can shove it far enough across then it's ok... just make sure the bars that hold the Battery are tight. The earth cable can actually be attatched to one of these bars (the thin metal hooks that loop over the top of the battery) but it isn't ideal and an extended cable should be used.

Then use some silicone hose (not a piece of coke bottle... whichever fool used that! :!Removed!: :rolleyes::lol: ) and connect the apexi to the inlet. A bracket can be used, but mine didn't require one as it sits on a metal plate which doesn't appear to be present on the T-Sports. (Mine also sits on a bit of sponge to stop it knocking and annoying me!)

It's an easy task to do, the hardest part is moving positive cables around as they are a bit tight!

Got my relocated Apexi fitted today and to say i'm chuffed with it would be an understatement!! Looks good when relocated but sounds the absolute nuts!! Am so pleased with it and big thank you to old Zebidi who sold it me and fitted it! Top bloke!

Hey i didnt no it was so much work to get it relocated but i am determined to get it done since u guys say it makes a big difference lol

ps clarky u engine bay looks amazin!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links