Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vibrating Dash

tim_mabin

Hi guys,

noticed something weird. Under hard acceleration the dash makes a weird vibrating noise.

Also had it on my old yaris, anyone else noticed this/found any solutions to it.

Thanks guys.

T

I had vibration rattle which was difficult to locate. It turned out to be the airbox under the bonnet. Replaced under Warranty. Car now silent.

It's the official APEX'I rattle!!!!! it's the plastic grill outside the car, infront of the wipers, just play about with that (thump it, tighten it, sticky pads etc...)

LOL, I thought it was something in the dash. Sounds about right tho as I installed the Induction kit and it happened after that.

So its that plastic bit, not the actual Apex that rattlin?

yup ive got it to. i need to relocate lol

Anywhere nice? Spain?

It's nothing to do with its location and nor is it individual to the A'PEXi! I got it with my Pipercross and now I have it with my GReddy! :rolleyes:

Some sticky pads under the outside plastic grilles at the bottom on the windscreen sort it out! :thumbsup:

Im confused, why does removing the stock air box make the plastic at the bottom of the windscreen vibrate.

Which bit do i stick to which bit? Cos its doin my head in. ;)

It's nothing to do with its location and nor is it individual to the A'PEXi! I got it with my Pipercross and now I have it with my GReddy! :rolleyes:

Some sticky pads under the outside plastic grilles at the bottom on the windscreen sort it out! :thumbsup:

Im confused, why does removing the stock air box make the plastic at the bottom of the windscreen vibrate.

Which bit do i stick to which bit? Cos its doin my head in. ;)

You don't even have to change your car in any way. I had it and mine's bog standard. :yes:

Right, you get some double sided sticky pads from a stationers and stick them between the windscreen and the plastic apron that your wipers are in. It'll stop the rattling/vibration/buzz whatever, in a flash. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links