Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dump Valve

Deano

should i put one on my automatic turbo'd engine  

21 members have voted

1. 1. should i put one on my automatic turbo'd engine

• yes
    • no

NO!!!!!!!!

I just put one on my supra today and its sounds totally ****!!!!!!! seriously regret it!!! unfortunately I cut a rubber intercooler pipe to install a T piece so now I'm lumberd with it untill I find a straight connector!!!

its SO loud.. everyone stares and I feel likea plonker driving it!!!! leave it to the fiesta and renny 5 turbos :P

should have put a recirculaing one on that way you get the benifit with out to much noise

Hell yeah!!!!

My soarers had recirculators...

I didn't think it'd be as loud as it is.... and I had it lying around anyway from my last supra.. so thought I'd fit it.. why-o-why :yes: lol

you cant not put one on a turbo, it'll just rape your turbo not having one, but yeah, get a recirc if you dont want the noise. its hella lot quieter. if you like the whoooshhh noise. get a atmospheric BOV.

you going to jae? because at the mr2oc section of the toc stand there's gonna be 3 mr2 turbos, one with an apexi, one with a blitz and one with a hks, possibly also be one with a bailey

nah wont be able to make it.i only got my supra two weeks ago and it wasnt planned either.My mate couldnt afford to keep it so swapped for my fiesta

Don't Buy a bailey one!!! I have a Hks bov on my mr2, and it's absolutly brilliant!! Three times the price of a Bailey item, but the quality and sound is second to none. Either Hks or Blitz, no other should be a consideration...... :thumbsup:

While we're on the subject, can i just ask if the MR2 turbo had some sort of DV fitted as std be it crap or whatever?

mr2 turbos have a recirculating valve as standard, a dump valve that simply recirculates air back throught the engine instead of dumping it, it's a straight forward 5-10 min swap for an aftermarket bov.

on an mr2 the hks bov is about £200 (depends on exchange rate) from taka kaira

mighnt get a teeeeeny bit more response due to more pressure being released (i think standard toyota ones are only goot for about 1.5 psi), and due to less presssure staying in the system, it stops your turbo stalling and buggering up.

well worth the cash.

look for a guy on eBay called japandy, almost all of the GT Turbo guys have used him and swear by him. bout 90 quid for a blitz SSBOV, and they sound better than great.

you are indeed. mine makes me LOSE power!!!

depends what you mean by any point? performance wise? no. I found that fitting one put my fuel consumption up, sounded !Removed!, and made my car judder as it overfueled during gearchanges!!!!

With an auto you'll find it only "dumps" if you floor it and lift off.. there was an automatic soarer with one at JAE :rolleyes:

in my opinion yes!!!!!

its a personal thing...... some people like their car to sould like an articulated lorry braking.

I don't :P

I assume the MR2 turbo has a similar recirc setup to the mk3 supra. if you really want one I'll be selling mine soon with a fitting kit for a mk3 supra. dump valve was £80, fitting kit £35. I'll sell the lot for 60. its had less then 2 weeks use :P

you all seem to have missed the point.

Its only worth fitting a modified or higher pressure BOV if you have other engine mods that will work in conjunction with it, if you have an uprated ECU (chipped) or bigger injectors (allowing more fuel or uprated fuel pump etc) the list goes on, but by increasing the pressure that the valve opens at over the stock one means the engine will require different tuning as the boost will be raised slightly and to get the best from your engine YOU MUST HAVE IT REMAPPED OR TUNED, if you just chuck one on a stock motor your wasting your time unless your stock ECU can cope with the extra fuel pressure, i dont think there's a stock ECU map that can, in fact very few cars can cope properly with it, about the only one is the Rover TOMCAT and that has a honda engine in it.

well i dont know too much about turbo's thats why i ask.

So we've come to the point where it would only be worht while if the car was modded

I'll add that most seriously modded cars either don't have one.. or fun a recirc..... those who saw the goodwood festival of speed will remember the 900 bhp toyota tacoma pick up..... that had no DV! wastegate chatter hhhmmmmmmmmmm

i just cant see how a car with that much hp can get by without a blowoff valve. where does the at least 2 bar of pressure go when the throttle it let off? the only place it can go is back out the compressor side and out the inlet, and that makes your turbo stall, and shatters the blades.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links