Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Sound, And Vibration Thro Clutch Pedal

madoldbat

I bought a new Corolla Colour Collection 1.6 last month, impressed after 5 trouble-free years with a nearly-new one.

Two things I've noticed which didn't happen with the old one - are these usual for the new model?

Firstly, there seems to be a fairly high electronic-sounding revvy drone (don't know how else to describe it, sorry!) when I change gear.

Second, there's quite a bit of vibration through the clutch pedal sometimes when changing gear.

Any thoughts/comments, anyone?

Hi,

I've got a colour collection too !!

The rev. sound seems to be a common thing with the VVTI engines. The revs. build up slightly when you depress the throttle, ther have been many previous posts on this forum about this issue. I find that by easing off the throttle and then depressing the clutch slightly later the revs. only rise slightly.

The vibration I think needs to be referred back to your dealer, I do not have anything like that, mine is now 5 months old.

I bought a new Corolla Colour Collection 1.6 last month, impressed after 5 trouble-free years with a nearly-new one.

Two things I've noticed which didn't happen with the old one - are these usual for the new model?

Firstly, there seems to be a fairly high electronic-sounding revvy drone (don't know how else to describe it, sorry!) when I change gear.

Second, there's quite a bit of vibration through the clutch pedal sometimes when changing gear.

Any thoughts/comments, anyone?

I have a judder in my clutch pedal and I'm not sure if it's a slipping clutch (which it shouldn't be after 10k) or something to do with the linkage. Gonna get it checked soon by Toyota when I get a chance.

Mine judders a bit some times too only when rev's are quite high or engine is cold though. Didn't think of it much since it doesn't slip and no problems changing gears and the car has only 9k on it

The rev. sound seems to be a common thing with the VVTI engines. The revs. build up slightly when you depress the throttle, ther have been many previous posts on this forum about this issue. I find that by easing off the throttle and then depressing the clutch slightly later the revs. only rise slightly.

Thanks, that seems to do the trick with the noise!

Think I'd better take up the vibration issue with the dealers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links