Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fensport Break Disks

nightrax

l have a corrola t-sport 51 plate (02 reg), and l am looking at getting some performance breaks.

l spoke to fensport they said that l only need to change the front disks and l can keep the rear disks as factory standard ? Is this correct ?

It looks like the total cost for me will be about £280 for breaks + fitting + pads + VAT (Should l be smilling at that price or getting out the loob ?)

Has anyone else had this done to there T-Sport and has it made a big diffrence or is it best to stick with the factory standard breaks?

And l was thinking of getting some bigger tyres 205/50/16 will they fit on the car with the original alloys ? And what would be a good make to go for, im looking for good grip and good lastability (if thats a word :D )

Cheers !

:thumbsup:

"brakes" .. not "breaks" ..

Sounds expensive .. I'd expect £100 for pads, same for disks .. fit them yourself ..

www.brakes4u.co.uk ..

basically when you brake, the car lurches forward and you get more weight over the front wheels so they do more of the work. So fensport are correct to an extent.

however if you get extremely stiff springs, the front lurching is not so prominant so the back brakes get more work than if you were running soft suspension.

I would swap them yourself. it'll take you about half a day if you've not done it before.

even the fensport staff dont get performance breaks , they only get half an hour for lunch , no doubt

I bought Standard front disks and pads all round from fensport about 2 months ago. It cost ~£140 for the parts and took about an hour to fit. The standard parts they send out are branded as BluePrint, they are a hard brand to find anything about! But they are made in Japan. The pads produce very little dust compared to the Toyota ones, but the squeal bars are really weak, so watch out for them if you fit them your self. Unless you specifically ask for the drilled/grooved disks or non standard pads, these are the ones you'll get. The uprated parts are Black Diamond disks i believe? I could be wrong on that. Performance wise it stops as well as it did before. I think Mr T offered to do it all in for just under £400 inc parts and labour.

Go gold, it will probably make it worth your while, where ever you get the parts from.

Thanks for the spelling lession peeps :P

l am going to ask Mr T to see how much it will cost to install standard front disks.

Is there anything like a haynes manual for the T-Sport because l would like to install the disks myself, to save a few quid.

Disks are easy .. take off the wheel, undo one bolt for the caliper and piviot the caliper out the way on the other bolt .. and then pull the disk off.

You are in Reading and so are a lot of us other lads.

If you can leave it till after Easter (as most of us are off to Nur for the weekend and we are trying to get our cars ready this weekend) I can pop over and give you a hand if you like.

Give the guy some support, nobody likes a p1ss taker!

Disks are easy mate, I've should have some time off over easter so I could come and give u a hand!

in all honesty, the toyota brake discs are pretty much the same across the whole range. If you get a haynes manual for the previous corolla, i've no doubt it'll get you 90% of the way there.

Only thing I will say, is get a breaker bar at least 2ft long. the Halfords foot long ratchets aren't long enough.

Cheers for offering to give me a hand - Bibbs :thumbsup:

Will have to arrange something for after easter, the brake's are ok atm.

Might just stick with the regular toyota brake's from what i have been reading there doesnt seem to be a massive diffrence between them and the fensport one's.

But do u think uprating the pads would be a good idea ?

Just looking for pads that dont generate a lot of dust.

The softer the pad, the better the braking performance but they wear down quicker, thus producing more brake dust!

Brake dust is a problem all cars suffer from unless its a super-car fitted with ceramic brakes!

Get the drilled or slotted ones from Fensport they might not work any better but man they look trick... :drool:

man they look trick... drool.gif
- They do look good!

Mr T is still pulling his finger out for a quote.

l got a quote from Black Diamond for Brakes + Pads incl delivery - £227

The Black Diamond pads and brakes do look good and from the reviews l have been reading some of the best brakes you can get :D

black diamond discs are pretty good, had them on starlet but unsure of their pads. i went for ebc in the end.

When i bought the fensport ones, they arrived in a Black Diamond box, I was well disappointed to see they included the standard ones i ordered. :(

I think the toyota price is about £100 per disk!! Just for the parts and the pads are between 25 and 35 for front and back parts only. I could be wrong, stopped listening after they said a higher price than fensport.

The stock Corolla discs are pretty good and the pads are hard. I think you would only want to upgrade for track use really---the T Sport stops almost as well as an Evo in one-offs, ie. not repeated severe braking.

Paul.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links