Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Supe Up Yaris 1.0

Chrissie

Heya,

i'm quite new to the whole car thing but I wanna get a toyota yaris for sure! i want to speed it up a bit by putting on an induction kit, exhaust pipe and things on... BUT is it possible to do all of these kinda things on a 1.0 or is it better to supe up the 1.3 or 1.5 etc??? :unsure:

Erm bit of a silly question there tbh! A 1.5 is quicker to start with obv so you may aswell mod from that base. A modded 1.3 will be hard to get as quick as the stock 1.3 etc. so wasting your time if you could have bought the better car in the first place! If you look at the "registry" on this site you will see lots of done up yaris and so can get an idea of what you like! If you go 1.5 its the Tsport obv but if you go for a 1.3 i would say get the SR as it has a spoiler, lowered slightly and nice alloys as stock.

If you need anymore specific yaris help go across to the yaris section of the site! Best of luck choosing your car and let us know when you do!

Erm bit of a silly question there tbh! A 1.5 is quicker to start with obv so you may aswell mod from that base. A modded 1.3 will be hard to get as quick as the stock 1.3 etc. so wasting your time if you could have bought the better car in the first place! If you look at the "registry" on this site you will see lots of done up yaris and so can get an idea of what you like! If you go 1.5 its the Tsport obv but if you go for a 1.3 i would say get the SR as it has a spoiler, lowered slightly and nice alloys as stock.

If you need anymore specific yaris help go across to the yaris section of the site! Best of luck choosing your car and let us know when you do!

:) The only thing is i only have around 2k to buy one so i couldn't get the 1.3. But can i do all the same stuff to a 1.0 as to the others?

If you go to autotrader.com you can find a 1.3 quite easily with low mileage from the yr 2000 or so. You could prob find one for around 3k. I saw a navy one for 2,875 but it didnt say how much mileage it had.

You can do whatever you like to anything.... :thumbsup:

A few owners have modded 1.0's, theres basically no limit on what you can do, but I would think if you wanted to do stuff like that to your car you'd be much better getting the bigger engine - I have a 1.3 and it does have noticeable more pep than the 1.0 :thumbsup:

You're much better off asking in Yaris and as Woody says, check out some of the cars already on here to get ideas etc ;)

TBH ...... 2k won't stretch to a TS

And it will be rare to find a 1.3 at that price too (as I can only find a few) ....... there are alot of 1.0L on the market and as a first car and I would recommend it :thumbsup: !

Im after a yaris for my sister for around the 4k mark and I am having trouble finding a yaris that will fit into that criteria (black/silver), there's just not that many around (That's good news for me though when I come to sell :D )

Woody has pretty much covered about moddifing the yaris, but what I might also add that the yaris is very difficult to mod compared to other cars on the roads eg Corsa, Novas, Puntos

So have a rethink if you really want a yaris because 2k is alot of money to spend if you want a desired outcome but it will never actually achieve it :thumbsup: !

p.s sorry to sound like a nagging parent ..... but atleast you have come to the right place to ask questions before rather than later

Yeah, as mentioned, you can do everything to a 1.0 that you can do to a 1.3 or 1.5 but the bigger the engine you have to start with, the quicker it will be. If you can only afford a 1.0 don't lose too much sleep over it because they're tidy little cars, I've had mine almost 18 months & am enjoying it more now than I ever have done.

You say you're new to the whole car thing so would I be right in thinking this will be your 1st car? If that's the case I wouldn't give too much thought to increasing the speed of a car, just learn how to handle what's already there then when you get more experience that's when you can think about getting/creating a more powerful car.

Btw, if you see a cheap car advertised without any mileage showing, you can be pretty much certain it's a lot higher than average.

Oh yeah, and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

It is possible to put ‘all these things’ on but it might end up looking like this...

Yaris1.jpg

Save your money for a bit longer and treat yourself to a T-Sport. You’ve managed to save 2k so it proves you can do it, just wait (if you can) a little longer :thumbsup:

Or just get a Yaris 1.0L, mod it slightly and then as time goes on you can hopefully upgrade to a bigger engine Yaris or a bigger car which has more power there maybe?

Im after a yaris for my sister for around the 4k mark and I am having trouble finding a yaris that will fit into that criteria (black/silver), there's just not that many around (That's good news for me though when I come to sell :D )

How about this one ;) or a nice carlo blue one here

How about this one ;) or a nice carlo blue one here

Cheers for looking but they are a bit far from Coventry. I have looked on auto trader/fish 4 for my local area and found nought ...... so the above statement saying they are hard to find is only true in Coventry and the surrounding area :P !

Lol i know something about not finding cars mate! I found my perfect car either 170 miles north or south of me!!! :o But yeah best of luck with your searching!

I'll sell her mine! :D

If you guys find a cheap 1.3 let me know!!! I think i'll take your advice and save a bit longer, if i get a car i may aswell wait a bit longer and get a bigger engine!!!!

If you guys find a cheap 1.3 let me know!!! I think i'll take your advice and save a bit longer, if i get a car i may aswell wait a bit longer and get a bigger engine!!!!

At last! A wise woman, buy it once and but it right.

The amount of people that have bought a Yaris and wish they had bought a higher model (me included!)

The T-Sport is awesome in my opinion, and I’m sure you will find an unmolested one if you keep searching, and while you are searching you are saving :thumbsup:

If it's the first car, it's better with the smaller engines...so, in my opinion the 1,5 engine is too powerful for a beginner. (For example, after almost 1 year, my 1.0l is sometimes out of control when I drive it at the limit...not for long, but it is...and I'm not really a beginner)

And, if u live in a metropola (like me), i think the 1,0l would be better.Sometimes, on the highway, I want a bigger engine, but most of time (more than 80%) I'm driving in the city, so, even with the 1.0l engine I think it consume too much gas.

Think at this aspect, too.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links