Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Sr Chugging Rasping Problem

bugster

Hi, thanks for looking,

I have had my 65000K Yaris SR for two months now , it is getting a progressively worst chugging raspign sound when driven, it happens mostly in mid range revs and not noticable in gears 1 and 2.

When the engine is revved in Nuetral there is no noise through the revs. There is also no noise on standstill.

I can kind of feel the vibration of it possibly though gearstick and pedals.

Please tell me its something cheap.

And yes my windows and dash and seatbelts and seats and display all rattle but its not them. its a far more fundamentally churny almost plasticy and it increases in rate as your press accelerator.

Any help would be muchly appreciated before I get shafted by Mr T

Mr T is a pretty big guy. Im sure he would give you a very good shafting... lol. Sorry no idea at all.

How old is the car, who did you buy it from?

If you bought it from a dealer you should get a warranty with the car which I would suggest you use....

If not, then its hard to suggest anything without hearing it... I would suggest taking it to Mr T and asking for their opinion and getting a price off them and maybe then taking it to an independent garage for a 2nd opinion. Mr T will shaft you on prices but if your not too bothered about using genuine Toyota parts, then an independent garage should be able to help you. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links