Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can't Believe My Luck

kash

Sorry to haer your woes Kash. Hope it all gets sorted to your satisfaction quickly.

Just keep on at your insurance co. - keep them on their toes.........

I might be wrong, but Toyota don't do door skins???

They'll sell you a new door but not a door skin.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news :(

But if it going through your insurance company then they should do a top dollar job!! Brand new door, brand new wing should look beautiful again in no time :o

Keep your chin up :thumbsup:

Just droped off my car to the insurance approved garage.... now I'm a poxy vaxhall corsa driver untill it gets repaired. No offence to Vauxhall owners out there, but it a pile of :censor:, it's a new car and the door leaks!!! I hate Vauxhall's!!!

The technicans eyes lit up when they saw my car.... hope they don't take it for a spin. I gotta a funny feeling that they're really gonna rip the engine it they do :ffs: !!!! I've noted doen the milage just incase!

I know what you mean- I HATE leaving my car with garages, if i can stay there with it I do. and they're crap about lying about it too. I had a 270bhp calibra turbo (yeah vauxhall i know!) a couple years back and there was a problem with it so i took it to a main dealer and they said, and I quote "We can't find anything wrong with it, it's the fastest car I've ever driven we had it over 120 earlier" rigggggggggggght so they admitted to doing a ton 20 on a public road in my car. nice. just for the record i was right, the head was leaking. gotta love main dealers!

with the supra- i was talking to the guys who've got it now and they quite casually relayed a story of them leaving a porsche 911 for dead on the A13 IN MY CAR. So they've not been raggin it about at all then. GRRRRRR :ffs: It's MY toy!!!!

I've given them a leeway of 25 miles (and that's too generous… ) just in case they need to test the car. If they do any more then I'll be on the phone to the insurance company and make and complaint! But I doubt they'll do anything.

I've given them a leeway of 25 miles (and that's too generous… ) just in case they need to test the car. If they do any more then I'll be on the phone to the insurance company and make and complaint! But I doubt they'll do anything.

hmmm, thats a GENIUS plan...mind you they can still rag it in 25 miles :unsure: I think I'm gonna throw in the IT towel and become a mechanic... much safer :)

think I'm gonna throw in the IT towel and become a mechanic... much safer

I recon u'll make more money aswelll, well it'll be more fun anyway B)

think I'm gonna throw in the IT towel and become a mechanic... much safer

I recon u'll make more money aswelll, well it'll be more fun anyway B)

More money being a mechanic? was that sarcasm or have i just met the wrong mechnics in my life? reckon I can get a £22 an hour traning wage? hee hee mind you the amount i spend on my car i could probably live on minimum wage if i did all the car work myself.... uh oh, you're giving me ideas!!

Thats harsh mate!!!!! hope you get him to pay..

what mk supra is it? I got a mk3 bonnet both doors and front wings... (mine blew up lol)

Sometimes you can settle with the insurance company and they give you money instead of paying the bill...

hope you get it sorted!

It's a mkiv tt .... the insurance company has to assess the damage on the car b4 they decide anything. But I don't think the damage is that bad. I'm just hopeing it doesn't affect my premiums next year too much

It will affect your premium- who are you with? You'll still have your NCB but no protection... But then this kinda hting happens every day so I guess it can't be too bad. How much is your insurance now if you don't mind me asking?

I'm with Bell Direct and have got 6 years NCB (but they only accept a max of 5 years) and it is protected. I can make up to 2 claims in 3 years and I won't lose my NCB.

Insurance is £1200 (would have been a grand if it weren't for my alloys)... I think that pretty reasonable considering I live in London and I am 26... but I dread to think what it'll be next year even if they do prove it wasn't my fault :unsure:

Actually I think thats the same for me as far as keeping the NCB goes. I'm with Tesco...they seem to be really good for imports etc.. I'm paying £1300 with 6 years NCB and clean history etc..and I'm only 23, which is nice :)

That's pretty damm good :) .... Tesco gave me a quote of approx 2 grand :angry: ... Elephant where just a bit more than Bell (even though I think they are the same company as Bell)....

But I've had a problem getting my Supra insured.... most company say that I have to be at least 27 :eek: before than can quote me!!! Looks like I'll be 27 by the time I need to insure it again :hokus-pokus:, so I just might be lucky and find a good deal

ahhh well this is the problem with being a boy lol

i can insure anything at all... it'll cost me but i can essentially drive what i want without having to worry :D

sorry to hear and see about your accident,but like the others said at the end of the day it's only a piece of tin,you're saftey is much more important,you can have ten cars if you want but you only get one life,and those cars aint much good if your dead :(

anyway ive been in three accidents in the last two years,thankfully none of them were my fault,got rearended twice,and like you i got the side of my car ripped off one day by a bus that had cut the corner of the road,luckly i had stoped to let another car pull out other wise i defenatly would'nt be here writeing this,anyway i called the cops who arrived at the sceen and declared it was a 50-50 accident,which at the time i did'nt dispute cause i was in shock and only wanted to go home,so i decided the next day to get it fixed,my brother works for jaguar so he sent it to their panel beater,got the car back about a week later like it was brand new,so i was very happy and forgot about the whole incedent.six months later i get a letter in the door saying i owe the bus company £480 for damage to the bus :cacker:

so when i got back onto the cops who were at the accident scene,they told me that all they can do is give a judgement on what they see at they time,and any further action is up to the partys involved.so i ended up in court with a multi million company fighting over £480.it finaly got thrown out by the judge but it cost me more in legal fees than it would have to just paid the !Removed! £480. :cacker:

so be warned just cause the cops say one thing really means nothing when it comes to companys who have serious money to back them up..........

ya should hav foned an ambulance and let them stretcher u to the hospital claimin back injuries and whiplash and if your car isnt a rite off the few grand compo u could hav claimed would hav covered the repairs to late tho now eh ;)

ya should hav foned an ambulance and let them stretcher u to the hospital claimin back injuries and whiplash and if your car isnt a rite off the few grand compo u could hav claimed would hav covered the repairs to late tho now eh  ;)

Yeah, there is that..but then people cryin wolf is also why I (and many others!) get like £300 a month deducted for NI, booooo. Thats a whole load more work you could do on ya car that the government steals instead :(

ahhh well this is the problem with being a boy lol

i can insure anything at all... it'll cost me but i can essentially drive what i want without having to worry :D

lol :lol: ..... Just one of the very few bad points of being a guy

ya should hav foned an ambulance and let them stretcher u to the hospital claimin back injuries and whiplash and if your car isnt a rite off the few grand compo u could hav claimed would hav covered the repairs to late tho now eh ;)

To be honest I never thought of it.... probably cos I was too shocked after seeing what happened to my car :( .....

ermmm but if don't think I could go through with it, would have felt real guilty!!! Does anyone know of any guilt removing tack ticks??? :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links