Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Some Advice

Beeples

Hey all,

Well from reading these forums id say alot of you were pretty experienced when it comes to cars. So i thought you might be able to help me.

The decision i have to make is whether i buy a 1.6L Honda Civic Sport 2002-2004 or do i go for the Toyota Yaris T Sport Phase 1. My brothers owned 3 Yaris's, one being a T-Sport and loved it, but he wrote it off within 3 months (the twinky).

So there lays my predicament. Im very confused as what to do, please help! :help:

You will get the most biased views here but i will say that the newer civics aren't as nice to look at as the older ones (unless its the Type R) and that they have very high insurance as they are prone to people breaking into them. Quick though and japanese so not bad there! Up to you though mate! I would say a P1 Tsport looks better than a newer shape civic imho. Plus wont the Civic cost a LOT more then a P1 Tsport? O but also the Civic is probably easier to mod. Depends what you want from the car mate!

Welcome to TOC mate!

Asking which car to buy on a Toyota forum.... we're gonna be biased I'm afraid!! :lol::lol:

I quite like the Civic, its a nice enough car but now the new ones out, I much prefer that one I think. Its also a much bigger car than the Yaris, its class as a small hatch rather than a supermini, so you have that to consider, plus as Woody says, the insurance is slightly higher, but of course you should get a Yaris and stick around here.... ;)

:D I thought you'd all be a little biased. Still very confused though, i have 9months to make up my mind though.

Try a car comparison like this one here at What Car. It'll compare the cars and hopefully you'll find the one you prefer that way! :thumbsup:

Thanks Angel. I think im still leaning towards the T-Sport, its a second faster to 0-60 than the Civic. :o

Tsport it is then! I thought it faster but i must be thinking of the 160bhp 1.6 that was in one of the civics. Tsport looks better, cheaper to insure, cheaper to buy and quicker .... :D Plus they put the gearstick in the right place :P

Before buying my Phase 2 TS, I also had a look at a 05 Civic 1.6 Sport... Both of the cars were brand new and in the final I chose the TS because it was much cheaper and affordable than the Honda, also the TS was manufactured in Japan, the Honda I was told was manufactured in Turkey, for me it still counts... I have not regreted the purchase at all, I'm real happy with the TS, very quick and reliable (knock on wood), also looks great! :thumbsup:

:P I think your right Woody. I can see the light now. It will be a welcome improvement on my 18 year old Honda Ballade (you havent experienced fear until you drive that).

Now i have to start planning. Does anyone have any links to good HU and Speakers that would fit the Yaris T-Sport P1?

Demonic Angel- Im only 18, so firstly i need to save £6000 and in December ill of driven for 1 Year (also ill be 19) and my insurance will come down to an affordable price.

No rush though, my brothers getting another T Sport in the next month or two, so we can mess with his. :angel:

I would say if after good handling they go for the civic as it will have it has a longer wheel base and the rear end would be more stable than a yaris

I thought it faster but i must be thinking of the 160bhp 1.6 that was in one of the civics.

That's the EK9 Civic, we're talking about the EP Civic. :thumbsup:

Personally, I hate the EP Civic Sport as people drive about in them trying to be a Type-R! Moreover, they are slow as a week in jail! :yes:

I wont lie, i was thinking about it because of the Type-R style bodykit :D I can have more fun with the TS styling it myself though i guess. Thanks for the help everyone who posted. :hug:

If you can get an old civic with the 1.6DOHC VTEC then get that as its a flying machine. Thing with that is you may a swell buy a celica as its similar insurance. The T-Sport is fantastic. I had to make the same choice twice and went with the t-sport both times.