Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chassis Modification For My Yaris

rimm

I'm thinking to modify my yaris rear chassis.

cause for this is that the rear part of the car sucks,

i've installed tein coilovers which have cost me around 800 euros and still i cannot control the rear of the car from lowering it self where not needed. not that the coilovers are not good but the way the yaris is built it sucks. the spring is apart from the shock and the chassis has got like a pivot and lowers it self to much.

was thinking to make a custom rear chassis so i could control the rear part of the car too... and install a coilover from another car. or maybe hydrolics.... which if i dont arrange tha chassis i cannot install them on the yaris.

please give me you opinon

thanks

please give me you opinon

My opinion:

Sounds quality ...... but that's as much as I can say as that's all I know about it.

I look forward to hearing how the idea progresses :thumbsup:

I guess it would also be a first

It's a 1.0l shopping trolley... basically, there's no point.

If it's that bad then get a new car.

The 1.0l Yaris isn't in any way,shape or form designed to be a performance car with on-the-limit handling capabilities of a proper hot-hatch.

It'll cost far too much and the end results still won't bring it in-line with some of the competition. Save up for a newer, faster, better handling machine.

What about an uprated rear anti-roll bar??.. will stop the bodyroll and encourage less understeer and maybe even give a little oversteer.

the car is goind under heavy modifications and will finally become an extreme car. so it's money well spent for my satisfaction.

i dont think that the rollbar would solve my problem but i will check it out

Maybe the reason your car handles so badly is maybe due to the fact the roads in Malta (from memory) are absolutely dire.

I never found one road without a pothole or uneven surface.

If you want a smoother ride in that country I’d recommend a hovercraft :thumbsup:

Maybe the reason your car handles so badly is maybe due to the fact the roads in Malta (from memory) are absolutely dire.

I never found one road without a pothole or uneven surface.

If you want a smoother ride in that country I’d recommend a hovercraft :thumbsup:

yeah thats another problem in malta. but there making new roads now. tested my ride for a day which was lowered around 1.5 inches to touch with the road. went well on new roads.... on others i left tracks behing me lol....

as for the pictures.. they will be posted next month. car is in the garage for paint work..... waiting the june competiton to go out hehehe

It's a 1.0l shopping trolley... basically, there's no point.

If it's that bad then get a new car.

The 1.0l Yaris isn't in any way,shape or form designed to be a performance car with on-the-limit handling capabilities of a proper hot-hatch.

It'll cost far too much and the end results still won't bring it in-line with some of the competition. Save up for a newer, faster, better handling machine.

i totally agree, buy something more powerful. the milk container in my fridge is bigger than your engine! :eek:

o that had to hurt...

Basically, sound plan mate, but may be an isea to start off with a better base uni like the T sport? then modify that up. The T sport has a lower chassis too and is far far better than the 1L.

who cares for the engine. this car is a competition car not a racing car...

and in that way i can change the engine any time....

If you'e having it for a show car mate, spend as much as you want on it. If you're doing it for other reasons that's fine too

from that pic, car is lookin sweet, and even if its a 1.0li, its still a great car, and if u wanna modify it for competition, i understand and keep it up buddy, a lot of ppl on here dont like extreme cars, i myself will be going to Max Power Live and having my car on a stand there,

as my art teacher said to me "the only limitation, is your imagination"

so do what you wanna do, u only live once, and its all experience at the end of the day.

looking forward to see some pics of ur car, maybe i'l knick a few ideas lolz

Hey are you doing this for improved handling or so you have better control for slamming the rear/to install hydraulics? If it's for better handling i can totally understand peoples points about starting on a better car. If its for a show car then it makes sense doing what you want to it BUT i think what sets jap cars away from the norm is that they usually have highly modified engines to match the modified bodywork which is what makes them awesome! Up to you what you do but i just feel it should pack the punch it is making out to have :D

well said woody. in my opinion and that's all it is, if you modify a car and give it a whopping body kit, slam it to the ground etc etc then it should be able to perform the way it looks. if it's purely for artictic purposes why have an engine at all? you could paint a pisture or make a sculpture.

What u do with your car is up to u dude!! Hope it all works out and u keep us posted with progress/pictures :)