Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Todays The Day!

Woody27

Hey guys,

Today, after being on this site for over a year and having posted near to 1k post on here, i finally found the right one and became an owner! :D :D :D

I drove up with dad, gf n bro today to go collect my 2000 Plate Red SR :D (W Reg for Woody ;)) It's absolutely perfect :D Got it for 4k from a car dealer with 3 months warranty from him, brand new MOT and its got a full toyota service history :D Its just had four brand new Avon tyres put on (ok not the best but when he said it had had 4 new tyres i was expecting them to be from a brand i had never heard of!) and has done 43k miles :)

I absolutely love it :D The exhaust is a lot louder then i expected with a nice grunt at low revs (which turns into a slightly annoying boom :P) The car is perfect n looks awesome plus its mine :D The gearnob is a bit flimsy (plastic gearnob n long thin gear stick) so i plan to change them sometime but apart from that i love it :D

I haven't had a go at driving it yet as my tests in may and i'm not insured on it yet but dad drove it fine and was nice drive! Was quite long drive so got full test! However seats are bit uncomfy on long rides but i guess its supposed to be a town car.

I keep going to sit in garage and play and rev and that :D :P Sad i know but i have waited a long time for this!!!

Tomorrow the first few bits go on and in it and will take some pictures of my own then. (The picture below is the one the dealer used)

I'm an owner and loving it :D

photo-16921.jpg

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• DaveSR

• Al J

• ssk2

Top Posters In This Topic

glad u got it sorted, gutted u gota wait to drive it tho, will be agonising

(glad pic is sorted)

Yeah the waits going to seem like a year (and thats going on me passing first time!!!) So just hav to keep myself busy until then (Got AS levels so that should help!)

Hallelujah!!

:band::lol::lol:

Well done mate, am really pleased for you - I know your search was tough but I'm glad you found the one for you!!

Now pass that test so you can drive to JAE and we can see it for real!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And dont worry about sitting in the garage revving it - I did that when I bought my first car too (I passed 2 months after) and its a great feeling to have a car waiting for you when you pass! Enjoy it! :thumbsup:

:toot: Congratulations young man :driving:

and Avon tyres are a good brand name.. up there with g/year uniroyal and yokohama etc.. not nes.. necasser.. may not be a good tyre in some peoples eyes, but a lot of people wouldn't put anything but Avon tyres on.

Looks great, glad you finally got the car you wanted :) Give me a shout when you want that stealth shelf.

Tara

Cheers all, really appreciate it :D Should deffo be at JAE as got car, got pitch, got mate to come with me, sorted with rents....just need to pass!!! :P O and thanks Tara :) Will probably wait a bit as i want the sound i can hear upfront improved first before i give the back seaters the pleasure :P

Well simple stuff i got for xmas including black sunstrip and bits for inside. Also got a Pioneer HU i bought a while back plus some TRD brows in the process of being painted (by a legend :)) and so that all be on there! Plan to get a Tsport grill soon aswell probably as the black will look awesome against the red :D

Just simple stuff really as insurance wont let any more! Probably gota get hold of a smaller aerial, maybe uprate Speakers inside, paint calipers etc. It has to be things that don't make insurance go through roof as it my first year driving! Also in two minds about painting the headlamps black like on a tsport (nice idea but bum to do and may mess it up :P)

Congratulations, that's excellent news. No suprises here: I don't like the colour 1 little bit but you're happy so that's all that matters, you can do a lot worse than an SR, they're lovely.

Don't put yourself under any more pressure to pass your test now that you have your car waiting, trust me, the less pressure you feel approaching your test the better, your car will still be there whether you pass 1st, 2nd or 50th time, good luck :thumbsup:

Glad it was a good one when you got there :D

Looks strangely like my old one, such a fun drive

Take it easy on the test and you'll be fine :)

Congrats dude on finding your car :thumbsup: !

Let the modding begin :D !

BTW TS grill will cost you £23 from Mr T ...... I brought one last week :D !

Wasn't too bad! Was brighton end and i live in buckingham so almost other side of london but took like 2 hours to get there. Wasn't too bad a journey and boy was it worth it!

congrats, i know the feeling of waiting to drive the car, i past 1st time and yups was driving a diff car, then moved onto my yaris, then i got 6points and licence revoked, left my car sitting there for around a month and it was agonising wanting to drive it but know i cant inace i get caught,

well after a month i re-took the theory and practical and past both 1st time again and wow, back into the car driving, was so nice,

enjoy it matey and take it easy

nice one mate. u finally went and did it lol. i was begginin to think you were just here to annoy us :lol: only kiddin mate. get some pics up here asap :thumbsup:

Lol yeah i did start to think peeps may think i was just like pretending to get a yaris sometime :P But yeah will get pics tomoz but its in a garage so will not be the most glamorous pics (plus my camera isn't very good) Should have fitted a few bits by those pics :)

btw if you come on here and start asking why wont idle properly im sure plenty of people will smack you :P

but im sure it'll be a wee diamond

If you ever have any problems with the car fella give us a shout and i'll endeavor to help you out as i'm only up the road!!

Congrats on your very own bad boy!!

btw if you come on here and start asking why wont idle properly im sure plenty of people will smack you :P

but im sure it'll be a wee diamond

Actually the idle is a bit funny :P lol na it's just that it revs bit high to start and then settles so sounds odd when it settles :P Its fine though and luckily being on here for ages i know what i don't have to worry about!

If you ever have any problems with the car fella give us a shout and i'll endeavor to help you out as i'm only up the road!!

Congrats on your very own bad boy!!

You going JAE? Was thinking maybe to meet up a few owners from my neck of the woods so got someone to follow/show me where to go when i'm there! And if you ain't been before but are going this year we could atleast meet to have a group of us not knowing :P Safety in number :D Also maybe a mini meet sometime before we go just so we recognise faces etc. :) Just a thought and i got to pass first!

Fitting the bits tonight for deffo as mate coming round so will do then so should get some photo's then but i warned you already the quality and location may not be as arty farty as some of the people on here's!

you wait till youve been for a long drive then stop at some traffic lights and it drops below 400 and feels like its gonna stall and thatll suprise you

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links