Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Todays The Day!

Woody27

Yeah on the drive home my dad kept thinking it was going to stall on him :P It wasn't going to and didn't feel it just because the revs so low you really need to hold em bit higher kinda thing :) I love the car though and can't wait to get home from school to it :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Woody27

• DaveSR

• Al J

• ssk2

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one son :thumbsup: Glad you held out for the right one, and you got old school TTE aswell :thumbsup:

Going to have to get my **** in gear now with my mods, can't let the newbie beat me :thumbsup:

Let me know when there's a mini-meet :thumbsup:

Congratulations mate, will just make you more determined to pass :thumbsup:

congratulation mate, now u just gotta pass the test and enjoy the SR.. the t-sport grill is essential, as the standard silver one is ugly in my opinion..

is it just me but i cant see the picture that u posted :huh: ??

Ray :thumbsup:

Yeah sorry about the pic as it aint online anymore so will just replace with the new ones tonight rather then rehosting it :)

Tsport grill will be going on when i get round to getting one :P But yeah putting RS Badge on an SR would look silly as will just look like im dyslexic :P

Mate coming round at 5 and i fit bits aswell as taking photos (will be while until i post as also gota do other bits!)

Absolutely made up for you. Congratulations! :thumbsup:

Yes, let's see some pics soon as. :yes:

Oh and Woody?...

Don't polish your new car too much while you're waiting to drive her. You'll wear her away! :lol:

Good Luck with your test too.

'Bout time! :lol:

Well done matey... you've joined the SR team!

Make sure it's nice and clean, especially since it's red... they're faster! :lol::thumbsup:

Top bombing!

Awesome news!

It'll be well worth the wait when you pass. :D

Nice one mate! I passed a month ago! The SR just eats all the 206's and corsa's at my sixth form college! I got it 2 months before i passed was so good coming back after test and getting in it! Good luck!! I am up for a mini meet live near Reading so not so faraway from you.

Lol You say that....It took me like 3 hours to fit the HU with my mate! :P We really are rubbish :P Now i could do it in about 20 mins fully but its just because i kinda half used a guide but didnt read the pioneer manual! (I have this stupid thing where i cant be bothered to read the manual for 5 mins but instead sit there fitting the cage around the HU for like 40 mins :P) As my HU already had the cage fitted around it i assumed i needed it but thats only for front mounting :P Also didn't realise the fiddly screws behind the white plastic thing (top of middle dash) is moveable so we were fiddling behind it for ages! ALSO i had to take the dash apart as the bloomin holes that are conveniently placed below the screws! As i was using old fashioned screwdrivers without magnetic tips, the screws just kept falling down! Not to mention the hole DIRECTLY below one of the screws in the ashtray which meant i had to unclip all the bottom trim to get it out again! When we finally put it back on we had used the wrong screws so had to redo that bit :P O and there are still two screws down the back as they were un important ones anyway! :P

But Yeah so spent ages doing that but also had to work on mates mini and eat! So still got bits to do :P I have decided i will go ahead and get new upfront Speakers soon as these are good standard but distort too low for my liking :D I just need the Autoleads adapter for door but what about dash? The autoleads adapter comes with nice new cables so you can plug right in, do i need to solder for the dash ones?

O and with my sun strip, its really quite curved. I expected perhaps a slight curving in it but if the centre meets the top of the window, the edges will be like an inch lower? Is that normal? The black round the windscreen will blend it in it just seems a bit weird. O and yeah got to order that Tsport grill soon! Apparently there's someone on here i can get that off who works for toyota?

So yeah atleast i got a nice new HU in there! O and i haven't taken photos as it was dark, the car was in garage, and also it needs a proper wash now as got dirty from being in there :(

Sounds like the trouble i had with my HU, my problem is patience!!!

I am going to Mr T today to see how much a black grill will be! Hope its not to hard to fit!!

Yeh Matty works for Toyota I think

Yes he does and like I said above it will cost you £23 ..... for the dash Speakers I just snipped the cable and added some new connectors.

I have lost a few screws down the back ...... I couldn't work out how to unclip the bottom bit but I shall give it a go :thumbsup: !

If you lived near i could give you a hand with unclipping the bottom! Getting the top back on for the last time was a real pain! Just brute force got it on in the end (when i was sure it wouldn't snag any of the cables!)

Yeah i heard someone else got one (A grill) off here from someone (other than matty) but paid like a tenner for their tsport grill so will follow that up (if i can find the details) and let you all know! O and with this sunstrip, concave side downwards and then just from middle work out (as it isn't exactly the right length and due to the curve if i start at one side will look odd.) Shall i just drag a credit card behind it to push bubbles out? Any other tips? I will give the surface a quick wipe n wash first but should be ok.

Thats for another night though as have lots of school work and just got back from driving lesson but going gym in 10 mins then was gona be a 12 car road rally after that in my mates mini! (But he pulled out at last minute :()

O and with my sun strip, its really quite curved. I expected perhaps a slight curving in it but if the centre meets the top of the window, the edges will be like an inch lower? Is that normal? The black round the windscreen will blend it in it just seems a bit weird. O and yeah got to order that Tsport grill soon! Apparently there's someone on here i can get that off who works for toyota?

Anyone know if it's supposed to be curved? (by the way i have laid it against the window and it is this curved even when against windows surface) Is the Tsport grill simple unscrew one and screw in the other?

EDIT: AWESOME 1k Posts :D :D

Is the Tsport grill simple unscrew one and screw in the other?

Yep threee bolts in easy spots to unscrew ....... size 10 nut I think :thumbsup: !

It's a 1 minute job unless you can't undo one of the nuts ;) !

Anyone know the part number for the T-Sport grill?

My local Toyota dealer is actually a Fiat dealer (who can get Toyota parts - lol), so they always need the part number :-\.

Also, in what way is it different? Does it look any more "aggro" than the honeycomb one that's standard on the SR? Heh.

Congrats on the SR mate ;)

I have Family in Bucks - well Bletchley to be precise :yes:, havent been down there for a year so I feel a visit coming on soon.

Anyone know the part number for the T-Sport grill?

My local Toyota dealer is actually a Fiat dealer (who can get Toyota parts - lol), so they always need the part number :-\.

Also, in what way is it different? Does it look any more "aggro" than the honeycomb one that's standard on the SR? Heh.

Des: T-Sport Yaris G

PN: 53101-52080

Price: £23.32 Ex VAT

The grill is a black mesh and looks miles better IMHO ....... if you want a pic just browse the people with TS registry or check out the arty farty thread :thumbsup: !