Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hiace Regius - New Purchase

Mark Norton

Hi Folks..New to the TOC.

I have just bought a 1997 Hiace Regius Wind Tourer. It is brilliant but I need help on a couple of things...

1. Is there an English manual I can buy? I cannot figure how the heating control works!! I either get high-heat or nothing... Also when the aircon is on, I get a screeching from the engine bay (Belt slipping??).

2. Is there an engine manual. I assume that as the 3.0l is in Landcruisers, I could use one of these manuals (Haynes type). I want to carry out oil changes..etc ...etc ...

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Mark Norton

Hi Folks..New to the TOC.

I have just bought a 1997 Hiace Regius Wind Tourer. It is brilliant but I need help on a couple of things...

1. Is there an English manual I can buy? I cannot figure how the heating control works!! I either get high-heat or nothing... Also when the aircon is on, I get a screeching from the engine bay (Belt slipping??).

2. Is there an engine manual. I assume that as the 3.0l is in Landcruisers, I could use one of these manuals (Haynes type). I want to carry out oil changes..etc ...etc ...

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Mark Norton

hello mark

try this for an english manual

http://www.import-handbooks.co.uk/

had mine for about 4months (97 regius windtourer)just came back from a 2000m trip to southern france and spain,fantastic vehicle and already planning next trip (wife wants to go to sweden)

engine is the same as landcriuser also hilux surf (mate has one )was looking for 4x4 when saw this at dealers and put a deposit down on looks alone (never saw another)had some admiring glances all over france as well

cheers darren

hello mark

try this for an english manual

http://www.import-handbooks.co.uk/

had mine for about 4months (97 regius windtourer)just came back from a 2000m trip to southern france and spain,fantastic vehicle and already planning next trip (wife wants to go to sweden)

engine is the same as landcriuser also hilux surf (mate has one )was looking for 4x4 when saw this at dealers and put a deposit down on looks alone (never saw another)had some admiring glances all over france as well

cheers darren

Hiya,

Did you get the manual for the Hiace? Does it cover Regius' then?

Cheers,

Ben

• 9 years later...

I have a toyota hiace regius 1998 grey import only been in the uk for 7 years it's in immaculate condition inside and out.
The only thing we have a problem with is the radio aerial can only pick up BBC radio 2 and navigation system is in Japanese
Can anybody help ??????
We love this vehicle as we have 2 children and it's perfect for travelling in.
I would love to know more about the hiace regius if anybody could help...eg insurance we find that not a lot of insurance companys will insure them????
contact
*Mod edit - e-mail address removed for your own security. Best to either post within the form or use the forum's personal messenger*

You cannot change the sat nav to English, the vehicle was built for Japanese market, hence in Japanese. You could change the head unit to something with built in sat nav for a reasonable price. I suspect there is also an antenna issue if you are only picking up very strong signals

Try Dan at Adrian Flux for an insurance quote, click on forums and go to the bottom of the page to find forum sponsors

Kingo :thumbsup:

I have a toyota hiace regius 1998 grey import only been in the uk for 7 years it's in immaculate condition inside and out.

The only thing we have a problem with is the radio aerial can only pick up BBC radio 2 and navigation system is in Japanese

Can anybody help ??????

We love this vehicle as we have 2 children and it's perfect for travelling in.

I would love to know more about the hiace regius if anybody could help...eg insurance we find that not a lot of insurance companys will insure them????

contact

*Mod edit - e-mail address removed for your own security. Best to either post within the form or use the forum's personal messenger*

Hi and welcome,

Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to private message me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.