Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Yaris 1.3 Sr

- Andy -

Hey there.

I am new to this forum so I thought I'd start my time here with a query.

I own a 2003 (52 plate) Toyota Yaris 1.3 SR and I wanted to know if they come, as standard, with a rear spoiler? Currently mine does not have one, but I have seen loads of SRs with spoilers.

Thanks in advance.

Andy :thumbsup:

Welcome to the club :thumbsup: !

Im affraid to say that all SR's do come with a rear spoiler as well as a nice set of alloys :thumbsup: !

Sorry about the bad news :( Maybe you can get it sorted somehow ?

garage_gallery-259-1134667246_thumb.jpg

BTW if you can't get it sorted you can pick one up cheap from eBay!

P.S you say you have seen lots of SR's :eek::rolleyes: ;)

Aww thats harsh mate for yours to have been removed.... welcome to TOC btw! :thumbsup:

And what you talking about Dave, SR's are common as on here.... :lol::lol:

I say lots, about 4 or 5. All I meant with that was that all the SR's that I've seen I have seen with Spoilers.

I've had mine about 3 months now, and I've only found one problem with it. The sounds system isnt as good as other cars. My m8 has a 2003 Fiesta, and another m8s has a 2004 corsa and they both have awesome speaker systems. That is my only dissapointment. I mean its not bad, but it could be better.

Other than that one problem tho, Im loving it. Can beat my other m8s easily in my SR. Top performance/economy for a 1.3 and good reliability.

I say lots, about 4 or 5. All I meant with that was that all the SR's that I've seen I have seen with Spoilers.

I've had mine about 3 months now, and I've only found one problem with it. The sounds system isnt as good as other cars. My m8 has a 2003 Fiesta, and another m8s has a 2004 corsa and they both have awesome speaker systems. That is my only dissapointment. I mean its not bad, but it could be better.

Other than that one problem tho, Im loving it. Can beat my other m8s easily in my SR. Top performance/economy for a 1.3 and good reliability.

I have to agree with you there about the Speakers :yes: although I have added some 6*9's in the back and uprated the dash Speakers ........ so i'm not complaining any more :thumbsup: !

Maybe you should do the same :P

Aww thats harsh mate for yours to have been removed.... welcome to TOC btw! :thumbsup:

I;ve noticed that. I bought my car on the terms that I've never seen a SR in my life. Since than I;ve seen a few, and then i register on here and burst my bubble. :huh:

And btw, its hasnt been removed, It never had one! lol Unless is was glued on with sum special glue, but the manufacturers dnt usually do that do they?

I;ve noticed that. I bought my car on the terms that I've never seen a SR in my life. Since than I;ve seen a few, and then i register on here and burst my bubble. :huh:

And btw, its hasnt been removed, It never had one! lol Unless is was glued on with sum special glue, but the manufacturers dnt usually do that do they?

Well, kinda what I meant hun, it should have had one, therefore must have been removed??

I have to agree with you there about the speakers :yes: although I have added some 6*9's in the back and uprated the dash speakers ........ so i'm not complaining any more :thumbsup: !

That is an option. Problem is, I have no idea where I would start or what make of Speakers to buy, ro how to fit them or anything.

I have to agree with you there about the speakers :yes: although I have added some 6*9's in the back and uprated the dash speakers ........ so i'm not complaining any more :thumbsup: !

That is an option. Problem is, I have no idea where I would start or what make of Speakers to buy, ro how to fit them or anything.

Well that's where we come into it :D !

TBH it depends on what sort of system you want ie a simple audio upgrade with some 6*9's in the back or going the whole hog with an amp and sub, I guess it also depends on how much you want to spend.

Also whilst I'm posting where about are you from mate? There are a lot of meetings with yaris owners (don't worry it's nothing like Max Power or something - we are a nice bunch of people) and maybe you could listen to there setup and see what you want.

I have just a set of 6*9's in the back and they suit me fine, but like I said it depends on what you want/willing to spend.

If you decide what to do just ask on here ...... I don't really know a lot, I just post what others have said before hand :lol::lol:

But the pro's will be hear to lend a hand

There are guides on here to help you out mate :D And if you click on the search button on this website and search for something like Speakers, it will come up with a lot of information on what fits and even adapters you can buy to make the job easier! Really is simple mate :) I'm just about to do mine and have just fitted a HU in my car using the guides on here! Saved me a lot of money and is working just fine :) Going to upgrade Speakers aswell soon so should be good :D

Welcome to the club mate :D

Get some piccies up of your SR :D

This was the spoiler mine had on it, just got rid though :help:

spoiler.jpg

Nick

Well, kinda what I meant hun, it should have had one, therefore must have been removed??

Unless of course it is not really an SR?? :(

Yep that what I was thinking too ...... dude can you post a picture and we should be able to tell you :thumbsup: !

Plus anybody seen this 1.0L TSport :lol::lol:

Linky WTF :eek::lol::lol:

PMSL!!! A T2 with a silver GB Sticker, a T-Sport Badge, 1.0L engine and different gearstick does not make it a T-Sport! :lol::lol::lol:

Yep that what I was thinking too ...... dude can you post a picture and we should be able to tell you :thumbsup: !

Plus anybody seen this 1.0L TSport :lol::lol:

Linky WTF :eek::lol::lol:

LMAO @ 1.0L t-sport. just sent him a msg telling him to change it or i'll report him :yes:

PMSL!!! A T2 with a silver GB Sticker, a T-Sport badge, 1.0L engine and different gearstick does not make it a T-Sport! :lol::lol::lol:

Nope, but how about a T2 with a silver GB sticker, 2 T-Sport badges, 1.0L engine, different gearstick & a set of pedals? Does that make it a T-Sport? :lol:

That's a really pathetic effort, they haven't even changed the wheels :disgust:

LOL at the 1.0 Ltr T-Sport! Msg'd him myself also! Hope he gets the point!!!

Mate your SR should DEFINATLEY have some with a TTE spoiler, they are standard across the SR Range in this country! :thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC by the way! :lol:

LOL We should all message him - what a dingbat!! :lol::lol:

The worst thing is, people are bidding for that "T-Sport" :unsure:

Welcome to the club!

Resident master of disaster on the old SR's here!

Erm, yeah, you should have a spoiler for definate!

Changing the Speakers is easy... the dash ones are 10cm, the doors are 16.5cm. Dash speaker grills just pop off, then unscrew the speaker and clip the wire and fit in your new ones.

To change the door Speakers... follow my guide: Door speaker replacement

Adding rear Speakers is pretty easy too... you'll need a green wiring loom from toyota for about £15, the just wire the cables through the car and into whatever speakers you put in the parcel shelf.

In terms of what to buy, it's down to personal preference, but JBL's, Pioneer, Focal etc are good makes for speakers and can be got pretty cheaply now. (well, not Focal because they're belting!)

Then you want something that's not rated too high... 100w is perfectly adequate.

For some bass, you can add a sub in the boot which is simple too, or you can get an under-seat system. I have both because I'm special!

Anyway, hope we help with anything you need! Have fun driving your SR!

You going to Brunters on Sunday? If so you can tell me why my TTE exhaust doesn't fit ....... Master of SR's

:lol::lol:

You going to Brunters on Sunday? If so you can tell me why my TTE exhaust doesn't fit ....... Master of SR's

You fitted it wrong?? :lol:

And I'm not the Master of SR's :lol::lol:

See you on Sunday mate! ;)

You fitted it wrong?? :lol:

And I'm not the Master of SR's :lol::lol:

See you on Sunday mate! ;)

:wacko: You having another blonde moment there EM? :wacko:

If so that's two in a couple of days :eek::lol::lol: I was on about Seveer ....... but it's nice to know that I shall see you on Sunday

with blonde hair

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links