• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Denebola

Denebola

• Registered Member
  • 4 posts
  • Toyota Model: Lucida Estima

Posted 26 April 2006 - 02:24 PM

I have an automatic Lucida 2.4TD and 10 days ago the oil level suddenly dropped, I lost power, there was a loud whining and puffs of black smoke. Apparently a seal had gone and the turbo unit had filled with oil.

I have had a new turbo unit fitted and everything was fine up until about 200 miles when without warning the amber turbo light came on and stayed on. There was no apparent loss of power but I pulled over and stopped the engine. When I turned the engine on again all seemed fine. The green turbo light lit as the turbo kicked in but when I put my foot on the accelerator a little harder the amber light came on again and once again it stayed on. Now this problem has repeated itself many times, each time everything seems fine when I restart the car, but the amber light always comes on when I ask a bit more from the engine.

I would be grateful for any ideas as to why this is happening and also what the amber turbo light is actually telling me.

Kind regards

Denebola

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Bibbs

Bibbs

Dodgy Geezer and Gold Member Too!!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,208 posts
  • First Name:Ben
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Hilux SR5
  • Year: 2010

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:11 PM

You really need to find out what's causing the light, as just re-setting the light isn't good.

It could be just a sensor not plugged in right, but I'd get it checked.

#3 Andy

Andy

Guru Member

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: Hilux Surf 1996 SSR-G Intercooler

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:23 AM

The orange light is telling you that there is a fault showing on the ECU, to find out what the problem is you will need to find out what the code is, so have a look at this site to obtain the code.

http://uktoyotaestim...om/obdcodes.htm

#4 tartan7

tartan7

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • Toyota Model: TOYOTA ESTIMA & LUCIDA

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:09 PM

HI mate i had same problem and the turbo had blown and drained oil from engine first check oil level ok then start car give quick sharp rev and see if it is putting out thick smoke from exhaust if so then change turbo also check for engine damage from lack of oil if engine still sounds ok then no bearing damage hopefully

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users