Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lucida Turbo Lights

Denebola

I have an automatic Lucida 2.4TD and 10 days ago the oil level suddenly dropped, I lost power, there was a loud whining and puffs of black smoke. Apparently a seal had gone and the turbo unit had filled with oil.

I have had a new turbo unit fitted and everything was fine up until about 200 miles when without warning the amber turbo light came on and stayed on. There was no apparent loss of power but I pulled over and stopped the engine. When I turned the engine on again all seemed fine. The green turbo light lit as the turbo kicked in but when I put my foot on the accelerator a little harder the amber light came on again and once again it stayed on. Now this problem has repeated itself many times, each time everything seems fine when I restart the car, but the amber light always comes on when I ask a bit more from the engine.

I would be grateful for any ideas as to why this is happening and also what the amber turbo light is actually telling me.

Kind regards

Denebola

You really need to find out what's causing the light, as just re-setting the light isn't good.

It could be just a sensor not plugged in right, but I'd get it checked.

• 4 years later...

HI mate i had same problem and the turbo had blown and drained oil from engine first check oil level ok then start car give quick sharp rev and see if it is putting out thick smoke from exhaust if so then change turbo also check for engine damage from lack of oil if engine still sounds ok then no bearing damage hopefully

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links