Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris 1500 Miles On....

Roweow

The figure quoted is generally just a guideline though....

Toyota reckon I'll get about 48mpg I think it is for the 1.3 petrol.... I get roughly 35-40-ish (depending on my right foot) - and I dont feel the need to complain about it....

However, last year I did a 300 mile round run from Leicestershire to Rugby to Newport (Wales) to Chippenham and back again - my mpg shot up on that run, as it was mainly motorway driving....

Now, you could argue that I dont do the mileage to complain, but thats by the by, the car is new, you're currently running it in, give it some time to sort itself out and if its the same in 6 months, then complain..... you'd be doing extremely well to match "official" Toyota figures on economy IMO....

PJ06 - the dealer will not be much help, in their eyes they have sold the vehicle in good faith. Trust me I've been to my dealer a number of times (Rayleigh, Toyota). Take my advice and write to Toyota Customer Services in Epsom.

My Yaris Blue is from there too and I am not surprised with what you are saying - which part of Essex are you from? I get between 40-45 MPG in a Phase 2 Yaris Blue 1.3 which is what is recommended I believe..but I can see why you aren't that impressed with what's been happening so far.

hmmm... I changed my driving style recently and as you may be aware from my previous posts I mainly do motorway driving have managed to get my mpg up to 58mpg. Seems to be gradually improving on a daily basis. That was an average speed between 75-80mph (some of it with air con on).

In my old colour collection 1.3 petrol I got roughly 320miles to a full tank, in my diesel now get just over 450miles and is improving if only slightly. I will admit upon first impressions I was unhappy however, I have noticed an improvement as more miles are put on the clock

devon_guy might be worth noting that your diesel is an mmt so therefore the economy will be lower than a manual transmission. What MPG are you getting out of your diesel? Is it similar to mine and Yaris '06?

One final point, devon_guy/Yaris '06 what kind of driving are you doing, is it small trips/long trips, motorway driving/country lanes or round the city/town? Just trying to get a comparison to my MPG!

Oh for heavens sake... do you people not read any car mag/paper/news article at all???? Almost every single one has at some point mentioned the innacuracies of quoted MPG figures from manufacturers. They conduct the tests in controlled environments with a car that has done 15,000+ miles with the best fuel they can find. The Extra Urban is done with no electrics on but the bare minimum and a constant 55mph is held for the amount of fuel they put in. That's how the figure is perfect... there is NO real-world driving done at all.

The Urban is conducted with a cold car, heated windows on, at 30mph in 3rd gear for a tank of fuel. That's how that figure is reached. Again, NO real world driving is done.

The Combined is an average of the two. Again NO real-world driving is done.

Yes, it's a pain in the rear, but that's how EVERY SINGLE car manufacturer in the world does it. Nobody on earth has a case against their car dealer for returning their car, or for suing for mis-representation etc. They will simply state that your style of driving, the weather conditions, the conditions of the fuel, tyre pressures etc etc are to blaim for the figure you are achieving.

Sorry, but that's the way it is... i'm quoted 40mpg for my car combined... im lucky to get 30mpg and I don't care... i accept that there are a million factors which reduce that figure.

If you really want an accurate figure of how many miles you can get in a tank you need to absolutley brim your tank, reset your trip (the mileage trip, not range or avg mpg) then fill up a small jerry can. Then you need to drive your car ignoring all the flashing lights, anything the computer says until it runs out of fuel and you stop. Then you'll know how far you've gone and you can work out your MPG.