Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sliding Door Light 91 Previa

stavanger

When I open the sliding door on my 91 le Previa the over head light does not come on or the open door indicator on the dash.

1. The on light works.

2. If I open the boot the light comes on(light set to door)

3. I have checked the contacts at the bottom of the door and the contacts opposite with a volt meter.

4. I have checked with a volt meter for juice and with the switch set to on and door I get juice.

5. I have noticed when I removed the contacts at the bottom of the door I noticed a long white unconnected (at the bottom) plastic flexible stick, I am tempted to pull it out as it seems loose to pull, but do not want to ruin anything.

Anybody got an ideas

Hi stavanger,

I will go for the contact on the button. I thing you should have a problem with the negative of that contact. If there was any wiring damage the light of the dash board was allways on (it needs the contact door to close the circuit) or the light above. I never had such a problem with my previa, but it could be that , the plastic stick is making the connectoin between the contact and the electrical switch, but I dont think so...

Any way, with a bit o pacience, try to vind out what is that plastic thing...

I have the manual and I will contact you soon...

Regards,

KA100

• 2 weeks later...

Hi stavanger,

I will go for the contact on the button. I thing you should have a problem with the negative of that contact. If there was any wiring damage the light of the dash board was allways on (it needs the contact door to close the circuit) or the light above. I never had such a problem with my previa, but it could be that , the plastic stick is making the connectoin between the contact and the electrical switch, but I dont think so...

Any way, with a bit o pacience, try to vind out what is that plastic thing...

I have the manual and I will contact you soon...

Regards,

KA100

I replaced the contact switch on the inside rear pillar on the sliding door, works fine, however I would recommend first cleaning the contact on the switch before buying a new one, and you do not need to remove the interior panel to access the wire, just unbolt the switch and carefully pull out the contact, being aware that the contact has a small lip to hold it in place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links