Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Found One

Chrissie

Hey i went to look at a 1.3 SR yaris today, V 2000 plate.

full service history, 82,000 miles, looks really nice, got a little ding on the very back corner nothing major.

Is there anything i should check or worry about before buying it, on the service history i notice the engine warning light had come on and it had been check twice, the last time it was check was 04/06 so not long ago.

Also when driving it when i came to a junction the engine rev's dropped very low and i thought it was going to stall, is this common.

o yeah there asking 3500 for it is this good as i havent found any others for this price (could be dodgey)

Thanks for any help

Chrissie X

Yup, revs dropping is very common, the engine idles very low. For the age & the milage i'd expect the car to be a bit cheaper than it is. You can get an early T-sport for about a grand more, and possibly with lower miles

Yeah the car does seem a tad overpriced... surely you could get them down a tad... ;)

And also get them to sort the ding out :thumbsup:

Great choice!!! another V reg SR!!! there's a few things that it could need, a good service should sort it out. Also a long blast down the motorway!!

Mileage isnt a drama on that engine - try and get them down to nearer 3k or some extras ...

The price is expensive considering the millage ...... check the oil and see if its okay and also get someone to put there foot down on the accelerator whilst your standing at the back to see if it smokes bad :thumbsup: !

Goodluck and I hope that everything is okay :thumbsup: !

Cool ok im gonna go back and get him down, hes putting 2 new tyres on it, buts its not taxed which is a pain, ill try and get it down to 3k

Ill let you know how it goes and if im gonna be needing that gold member ship :thumbsup:

Not taxed either? Wow, yeh definately talk him down...

Right well i spoke to they man and told him all the things you all told me, and i got the car down to 3,250 with new front tires, he said he would get it valeted (wrong spelling?) for some scratches and that he'd sort the little dink out on the back.

How do you think that sounds?

(I'm so excited about getting my car :drool: )

Chrissie x

I wouldn't let the excitement draw you into buying a dud car though! I suppose if thtas from a dealer with that mileage and with dings etc sorted you wont get it much lower but still seems bit high. My SR i bought just recently was 4k but the guy gave me a 3 month parts warranty, a years MOT, full hpi check, it had 4 BRAND new tyres on, was FULLY valeted and was in pristine condition with a few extras (such as boot mat, sounds novel but cost something like £60 from 'yota!) and with only 42k miles on. That was from a dealer so may help you compare to see if you got the best deal or not. I would look around as lots of SR's around if you willing to travel and dont mind colour. (i wanted Red so took me ages to find exact one :P)

I wouldn't let the excitement draw you into buying a dud car though! I suppose if thtas from a dealer with that mileage and with dings etc sorted you wont get it much lower but still seems bit high. My SR i bought just recently was 4k but the guy gave me a 3 month parts warranty, a years MOT, full hpi check, it had 4 BRAND new tyres on, was FULLY valeted and was in pristine condition with a few extras (such as boot mat, sounds novel but cost something like £60 from 'yota!) and with only 42k miles on. That was from a dealer so may help you compare to see if you got the best deal or not. I would look around as lots of SR's around if you willing to travel and dont mind colour. (i wanted Red so took me ages to find exact one :P)

Well he is a dealer and offering 3 months warranty. The only thing that really bothers me is the mileage, but then again toyotas go on forever? Do you reckon i'm being ripped off? lol :crybaby:

I think with the milage and the dings it's pricey, but it's your money in the end of the day. I'd still go for that gold T-sport I posted, bargain

Wouldn'y say ripped off! True toyota's will go on forever BUT they will need servicing more frequent later on whereas mine should last me through uni (haven't started yet) without any troubles which is what justified the extra cash. I dont think your being ripped off. If you get a Tax aswell i would take it, without tax i would be unsure. Just have a look around and maybe justify travelling that little further for the one? I travelled 69 miles for mine and glad i did! What colour you after?

I think with the milage and the dings it's pricey, but it's your money in the end of the day. I'd still go for that gold T-sport I posted, bargain

Yeh, i agree, i got my 52 plate yaris (registered in Feb of 03) SR with 12000 miles on the clock for £5250 from a toyota dealer. Thats with 12 months Tax, 1 years warranty, serviced, two new typres, mot'd and all the scratches sprayed.

Just for comparison if its any help.

Hi. Here's a few links that may give you a better idea of price comparisons. The one you are looking at doesn't seem too highly priced but it is over 16,000 miles a year.

all approved cars

autotrader

Mr T

I must say that each time I searched for a Yaris under 4k, regardless of age or mileage, each search came up with 1.0 litre cars. You may have to go just that little higher for a 1.3 of any sort including the SR so perhaps that one you've found isn't such a bad deal after all. Just do your homework first though, will you? It's very tempting to jump in with both feet. :yes:

(says me who forked out nearly 10k a year ago for a new car and I was only window shopping. :rolleyes: )

There was a Red T-Sport for sale in Maidstone the other week, 60.000 miles, FTSH, 1 owner etc etc for 3995 GBP :eek:

There was a Red T-Sport for sale in Maidstone the other week, 60.000 miles, FTSH, 1 owner etc etc for 3995 GBP :eek:

That sounds like a really good deal! Ive only got around 3,250 to play with though. My mum told me she saw a 2003 jaguar (sports one but can't remember the name) with 20,000 miles on it advertised for only 8.5k! - must be something wrong with it though.

Looking through that list of cars - some of the 1.0L's are going for 5k even though they have 40,000 miles!!! Made me feel better about mine :) I'm getting an RAC person to look at the car monday just incase it has something wrong and the man told me any problems and he'll repair it - it shouldn't have any anyway hopefully!!! My deal didn't look too bad after i looked on the link for the cars, not one of them was even close to 3k, but i guess none of them had the same sort of mileage!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links