Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Exhaust

mcsky

ok well hmmmm i dunno how i feel, im not like happy but also not sad, looks ok ish to me, but then the right side is lower down, so need to go back and see if they can re-align it. they're carbon fibre cans. had mixed views already, mostly bad, but understandable, each to their own, wot u guyz think?

04-05-06_2046.jpg

04-05-06_2053.jpg

04-05-06_2056.jpg

Not to keen on it TBH - I think it would better if it was cut up into the bumper if you get what I mean ;)

But enough about looks ........... what does it sound like :thumbsup: !

Far too low mate as said above! Also looks like two cans joined together rather than a decent full box! I wouldn't rate it tbh. Couldn't it be cut into the bumper and then disguised better? This would look a lot better. Hope you didn't pay too much mate as there is a lot better you could have got :P Also with the exhausts that far apart i would say two seperate backboxs with seperate pipework would be better or closer together and then from a single sideways on box rather than two backboxes joined together. Maybe some kind of cover across this would make it look a bit better or something. Sorry for long post just trying to think of how you can improve it now its done :P

yeh i see where u guyz are coming from, they are 2 seperate cans joined together, and then a single pipe going in through the middle of the joining.

the exhaust is actually in the bumper as the middle bits were cut off, but yeh, see wot u mean by going more into the bumper, havent had any probs with it bein too low at the mo, but soon will do i think.

Yeah was there not a single can you could have bought? Surely gas flow there will be awful as it will be trying to go through a direct right angle? I know its more styling but surely a nice smooth system is nicer and i think would also help sound? (something to do with fast flowing gases?) Just a thought mate. Doesn't look like its built from an engineers point of view rather than more a styling. Plus the welding of two boxes together like that just looks a bit DIY.

Sorry mate aint trying to lay into you its just you seem to have spent money and dont seem overly happy yourself which imo is a really bad situation!

yeh, it actually sounds very good, i asked them to have it sounding sporty and also not too loud but noticeable which is exact.

yeh guess its more of a styling point of view as the company will use my car for a few jap shows so want to show what they can actually do. i did get a show discount price, but still, not too happy, i think mainly now because i've been hearing so many bad reviews of it from ppl, but i just cant help but to keep asking ppl, satisfaction lolz, althought they are bad reviews, just want more more more lolz. performance wise i'm not too fussed, hope to get another car sometime soon, use it as run around, after doing the exhaust, gonna have to keep the car atleast another year. hmmm will have to see wot i can do to make it look better.

thanx for the comments btw, doesnt matter good or bad, all still welcome :thumbsup:

hmmm will have to see wot i can do to make it look better.

thanx for the comments btw, doesnt matter good or bad, all still welcome :thumbsup:

I admit that it does look good but it just doesnt suit the car well.

Take it off the car and stick it on your fireplace :thumbsup: !

Then you can admire it every day .......... oh and pop some flowers in it either end to keep the missus happy :thumbsup: !

It will look so pretty ;) !

But don't worry about it mate - if you like it you like it and we always do something to a car that we aren't sure on once in a while

Yeah mate had you seen any of their other work? You make it sound like you paid a lot? Tbh i wouldn't imagine any large company would just weld together two backboxes like that instead get the boxes that are already that shape that exist :S Seeing as its custom you would have thought they would have done it properly as you literally could of had anything so don't get why they just bolted two together? Like i said maybe a splitter on the rear or something that would cover the joint? A cut out for the two exhaust tips and then moving it up would look better for a start! Also as you said about scraping and that would ruin the carbon cans you paid out for in the first place and put tension onto that weld joint aswell (as in they may bend one if it catches at high speed leaving you with wonky exhaust) Also removes the choice of potential lowering! Did the exhaust company mention anything about how low it was? Did you know it was gona be this low when you paid? Just seems a bit unresponsible of the zorst place seeing as you say your gona use this car to drive around in a bit! that may make it a bit impractical!

What made you chose this over a standard system? If it was to be different atleast it definately is that so i guess that ticks the box :D

lolz yups, i always like tp be different, yeh i think i rushed into doing this too fast, guess its a lesson to think more before u do anythin. but yeh i didnt expect it to turn out how it has.

they said that they didnt have enough space under the car for the cans to go higher up as the exhaust tips would catch, ahhh but oh wells, whats done is done, will have to keep it on.

Fair enough but doesn't seem very good job on their part as thought they would have cut up into back lip. Anyway learn to like it and just try get it ammended as much as you can until YOU are happiest with it! Look forward to seeing it at JAE! (sorry for posting loads in this topic just because dont have your msn to discuss it on :P)

haha no no, keep the posts comin, or if any1 wants to talk directly on msn u can add me on : glover7788@yahoo.com

its a yahoo e-mail but funnily enuff it actually works? weird

I actually like it but as eveyone else has been saying it would possibly look better if it sat in the bumper! Do you think it'd be possible for them to it or to expensive!?

again thanx for the comments, all are welcome,

i shall try post another pic up as it doesnt show it clearly, it is actually in the bumper but the splitter was cut into. but still may look better higher into the bumper but by doing this, the visibility of the carbon fibre cans would dissapear, andmy main objective was to have them on show. as i say, i will try post a clearer pic up soon

cant seem to find a pic, so if u look at the 1st picture, look closely at the bumper on the left corner, u should be able to just see the arch of the splitter

unsure...it could grow on me :D , but initially it doesn't look too impresive .

But if your not happy tell them , surely they'll help you out if they wanna use your car to show off there work ?

yups that is true, all i want it for it to be made straight lolz instead of slanted, shouldnt be too much to ask, when its straight, i will be happy with it

ok, me havng one of the most ott yaris's on here, id have to say its different, and i really like it. Get them to realign it though. Top work and it looks the nuts.

I saw a kit like that on a Corsa(?) or similar. It had just started and exhuast steam only came out of one pipe..cos the other was a rather obvious dummy (the used one had carbon blackeing at the end, the unused one was shiny).

I thought it looked a pathetic attempt to make a small car look bigger - and failed miserably. It made the car look ridiculous imo...so what it does to a Yaris in real life...

well i'd be glad to let u know that the mid section pipe actually connects in between the 2 cans, so they are both equally working lolz, but yups its 1 of those things, u like it or u dont, its all fair n square ^___^

but anyways u can all see it up close at JAE if u guyz are going, it will be on the japautostyling.co.uk stand, if u go to any other shows like the Rising Sun car show, i'l be there also on ExhaustsUK.com stand. if u go to Max Power Live in Bham, then it will be on OctaneJunkies.com stand, hopefully by then the exhaust will be re-aligned lolz

SUC31361.jpg

just thought i'd show a pic of the front so u can see the theme of the whole car

I really do quite like that , i think its quite kool , any chance of a sound clip??

DM

i shall try record one when i get my car back next week, its getting a full boot install done at the mo, will be done next week

:P

i shall try record one when i get my car back next week, its getting a full boot install done at the mo, will be done next week

Now thats the stuff right there .... Who wants an exhaust when they have a boot full of Speakers ??? :lol:

What stuff you gettin , and whats powering it if u dont mind me askin??

Dave

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links