Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Engine

reece

Just reading through the Yaris brochure and it says that the 1.5 engine in the T Sport (phase 2) is VVTL-i, whereas the 1.0 and 1.3 are VVT-i.

Is this a misprint?

The VVTLi only exists in the Corolla and Celica T-Sports - it used a second lifting cam from what I remember.

The idea being when you hit a certain rev range that a lump of extra power comes in as the second cam comes into play... the only issue being that you need some pretty serious revs (above 6k I think from memory) to get there ...

Theres been at least one VVTLi conversion done to a t-sport but tight doesnt describe it!

The VVTLi only exists in the Corolla and Celica T-Sports - it used a second lifting cam from what I remember.

The idea being when you hit a certain rev range that a lump of extra power comes in as the second cam comes into play... the only issue being that you need some pretty serious revs (above 6k I think from memory) to get there ...

Theres been at least one VVTLi conversion done to a t-sport but tight doesnt describe it!

Its a stupid price to do aswell

lift is fun :D. been in chyownsters celica a few times and it is 6k rpm u need for it to kick in

I've never driven my car to revs of 6k :o

REALLY :blink: ??? Why own a t sport

For the extra toys and looks, plus if and when I need that extra oomph.................. it’s there :yes:

I can't rev mine to 6k (although I have tried plenty of times...)

A

5k is the most on the occasional time I’ve felt the need for speed and I must admit it does bring a smile to my face :D

My friend has a corolla TS and it's 6500rpm in his...

Reece... it revs to 8500rpm, so it's only like us going to 4000rpm in our yarii!

Problem is... it needs to be driven at those revs for it to make swift progress... it only has 133lbft torque and that's at 5800rpm!

If you pull out of a junction and want to get moving and you doing about 15mph in 2nd it takes ages to get going as there's almost nothing until 6500rpm.

Plus, in 2nd, 6500rpm is about 50mph, then redlines at 65mph, so to have fun with the lift you gotta be on dual carriageways most of the time!

It's a shame really, as when it hits the lift it's absolutley brilliant!

(not for the fuel though!)

Surely the CTR is no better

Surely the CTR is no better

It doesn't have such a huge jump in performance difference. Also, the Vtec is set lower, about 5k rpm I think.

It's also lighter and has more torque at 145lb/ft... granted that's not a massive difference, but when combined with the extra 10bhp, reduced weight, better geraing and the extra displacement of a 2.0 engine it makes it a much more eager car.

:blink:

even i drive to 6k

(tho admittedly cos you dont move otherwise)

sounds great at hight revs

lift is fun :D. been in chyownsters celica a few times and it is 6k rpm u need for it to kick in

which is why its all so crap!

all that way then a little bit of go for a few thou and then you have to change gear :o

turbos wind up at 3k! :lol: and get to the red line from that point pretty sharpish

i still think all this vtec and vvtillleoioc, whatever is all a bit of a gimmick

yeah it works, but why does it come in sooooooooooooooooo late (ok clever clogs i know you can get various gizmos to control it)

sounds like a job from the greenpeace-numpty-airbag-saftey-safety-ozonelayer-is-your-friend-gimps to me! :lol:

:blink:

even i drive to 6k

(tho admittedly cos you dont move otherwise)

sounds great at hight revs

Same here and I'm an oldie. :wheelchair:

I'm an oldie. :wheelchair:

You said it! :P

I redline mine alot and sounds even better with an induction kit BLiTZ! :D

Ahem ... might hit the red line from time to time ...

And me, and occasionally the odd wall

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links