Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Manifold And Cat

Tara

Hiya,

I've just bought the envy manifold and sports cat from mr bump. Was just wondering if anyone had fitted these themselves and if so any tips would be appreciated! If I'm better off just taking it to the garage around how much would I be looking at to get both fitted?

Cheers for any help :thumbsup:

Tara

Hiya,

I've just bought the envy manifold and sports cat from mr bump. Was just wondering if anyone had fitted these themselves and if so any tips would be appreciated! If I'm better off just taking it to the garage around how much would I be looking at to get both fitted?

Cheers for any help :thumbsup:

Tara

Some garages will look at it and simply say no. If you find a half decent one it shoudn't be more than £50.

To do it yourself, you'll need axle stands, jack, good quality close fitting tools, washing up liquid, a new manifold-to-head gasket, a new manifold-to-mid-section gasket and patience!

Basically, you'll need the washing up liquid to take the old exhaust out of it's mounts, then remove the heat shield from the manifold and unscrew it's 3 support bracket bolts, then unscrew the two spring-loaded bolts which conect the mid-section to the manifold (these are a PAIN!) then remove that outta the way!

Then, the manifold needs to come off! There are two nuts and three bolts that are above and below the pipe-work... these will take good tools, an extension bar for your ratchet and patience. Chances are they have rusted and seized on... they will need considerable gentle force to get them off safely.

Best bet is Envy as the mechanics are excellent... had mine done in no time at all. Failing that, a good garage should be able to do it in about 2 hours probably.

Cheers for the help guys :thumbsup: If anyone has any more tips for fitting it they'd be more than welcome :yes:

Envy fitted my header in 20mins - after a local garage had given up after 2hours!

Dont know anywhere that would do it in lvingston, what I'd do I think is phone Paul at Dastek (mention Lorne) and ask him if they'd do it or if he could recommed someone local to you. Or just bite the bullet and drive down to Envy for the day.

(Dastek BTW are in Dalgety Bay just the other side of the bridge.)

Envy fitted my header in 20mins - after a local garage had given up after 2hours!

Dont know anywhere that would do it in lvingston, what I'd do I think is phone Paul at Dastek (mention Lorne) and ask him if they'd do it or if he could recommed someone local to you. Or just bite the bullet and drive down to Envy for the day.

(Dastek BTW are in Dalgety Bay just the other side of the bridge.)

Take it you dont recommend doing it yourself then? Yeah know where dastek are was gonna get a rolkling road done there.

Tara

Now that Ive seen it done -yeah Id probably do it myself and a few of the guys have.

Its the issue of getting the old bolts off thats the stalling point. Due to the fact that they're exposed to a lot of heat it takes a fair bit of oof and decent tools to get them moving. After that its a simple re-assembly.

Oh - and whilst I remember - the oem manifold heat shield doesnt go back on.

Was wondering about that, has yours just been left without a heat shield then? If so I take it you've had no problems with the car overheating at lights or anything?

Was wondering about that, has yours just been left without a heat shield then? If so I take it you've had no problems with the car overheating at lights or anything?

No probs at all... the heat goes backwards... doesn't affect anything. It just creates one or two rattles and when you first get it... it can be a teeny bit warmer on a longer drive!

No probs at all... the heat goes backwards... doesn't affect anything. It just creates one or two rattles and when you first get it... it can be a teeny bit warmer on a longer drive!

Cool, cheers for the help. Just need to wait on it arriving now... :P

Tara take it to C&C exhaust in Hillington near Braehead they'll do it !

www.stainlessexhausts.com

Good bunch of guys ! :)

Ive used mine with the manifold for about 6 months now and never had any issues etc with heat. The rattles etc that Seveer is talking about occur because theres more power and therefore more stress on the brackets etc on the exhaust.

All it needs if it does rattle is the brackets/clamps loosened, respositioned and tightened back up.

Would everyone that has got the Envy sports cat and manifold highly recommened?? I've got the manifold sat in my garage at home but am in 2 minds whether to get it fitted or not. I'd also love the sports cat as well. What are the aproximate gains in hp if anyone knows?? Could I expect a decent gain, say 10bhp from getting it all done!! Tah muchly!!

Ive used mine with the manifold for about 6 months now and never had any issues etc with heat. The rattles etc that Seveer is talking about occur because theres more power and therefore more stress on the brackets etc on the exhaust.

All it needs if it does rattle is the brackets/clamps loosened, respositioned and tightened back up.

Yeah... it just needs a tighten... mines fine now, doesn't do it anymore.

Would everyone that has got the Envy sports cat and manifold highly recommened?? I've got the manifold sat in my garage at home but am in 2 minds whether to get it fitted or not. I'd also love the sports cat as well. What are the aproximate gains in hp if anyone knows?? Could I expect a decent gain, say 10bhp from getting it all done!! Tah muchly!!

Highly recommend it, but without the sports cat it's seriously seriously loud. Because it's going from larger diameter to smaller diameter it causes a restriction in the flow which just makes it growl in a very very loud way!

Also, the standard section doesn't have a 'flex' built into the peipework so when you change gear or don't set off perfectly the car will judder a bit.

If you can live with it, then do it, but it ideally needs a sports-cat section or de-cat.

With the manifold, sporst cat, induction kit and a decent backbox then 10bhp might be in reach. No idea though... i need to get mine dyno'd!

I was very dubious about getting the whole de cat manifold etc.

I found the biggest difference was top end, over 80 it was a lot faster for sure

ive youve got something to get the car up off the floor then its a doddle

the manifold is incredibly easy! even though it is down the back of the engine!

I think thats where my next big bucks are gunna go then!! I don't think i'd trust myself enough to do it though

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links