Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 1.0 Gs Manual Clutch Stiff

seicento

just bought used yaris is the clutch meant to be stiff as when im driving it hurts my leg does this mean i need a new clutch

Hmm, having a stiff clutch isn't normal on Yarii - how many miles has the car done & how old is it?

Hmm, having a stiff clutch isn't normal on Yarii - how many miles has the car done & how old is it?

toyota yaris gs 1.0 vvti 2001 51 reg 55000 miles with some service histroy, bought from toyota dealer

the clutch is stiff hard to press down and makes Creek type noise when pressed up and down

didn't you test drive it first ;)

no , i should have i thought i could trust toyota as i was buying from main dealer i thought it would be ok

Mine used to do it, not much stiffness, but it sounded like scratching up and down, gone to Toyota one day, they sorted it out in 5min :P

:censor: I LOST MY REPLY AND GOT TO WRITE IT AGAIN FU:censor:K!! :P

alright, but look, try this, when your car is at the engine normal temp. do this, stopped, shift into 2nd, pull your handbrake and then start releasing the clutch slowly with the handbrake applied, if revs start to fall down (the engine struggles, but don't let it go down) , then cool, the clutch should be fine. :thumbsup: But if, by the other way, revs go up a little, or it tends to be hard for the engine to struggle, something is wrong, and you will get to spend some of yout ££ soon :unsure:

(don't let it happen like i did, with my old VW Golf II GTD, going out with a girl, when we were coming home clutch got broken, weee, i parked the car with 3rd gear, with no clutch [imagine that sweeeeet sound of shifting gears with no clutch :lol: ] the next day, took it off from there with no clutch too :P tough great combat car :rolleyes: i miss him....)

just bought used yaris is the clutch meant to be stiff as when im driving it hurts my leg does this mean i need a new clutch

try replacing the clutch cable 1st, as i had a similar problem with a vw golf as the cables go stiff after a while

If you have just bought it from a Toyota dealer then simply take it back and ask for it to be fixed :)

try replacing the clutch cable 1st, as i had a similar problem with a vw golf as the cables go stiff after a while

I'm not sure if yarii has a cable, isn't it an hydraulic piston?? :unsure:

took yaris into toyota and they greased it up for me and all fixed thanks for all the replys