Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Differences In Yaris Parcel Shelves

NathanM

Hi all, first post so please be gentle.

I've recently bought an 04 D4-D 3dr Yaris which came without a parcel shelf. No problem I thought, phone round the scrappers and get one .

When it turns up though and I try to fit it it wont go. :ffs: Now I am very confused and at first I thought it was me being daft as the guy I bought it off assured me it should fit. Try as I (and others) might though it wont go in.

I've done a bit of searching and it appears that there are different parcel shelves for the Yaris but I haven't found out which one is for my car or why they are different.

Does anyone know why they are different and which parcel shelf would fit my car, alternatively would anyone with a post facelift Yaris be willing to post a picture of their parcel shelf or email it to me so I can see if it is different to the one I have?

Thanks in anticipation.

Nathan

I'm not sure what the differences are. But phase 1's (03 and before) have a different parcel shelf than your car which is a phase 2. The one you ordered must be for the phase 1 Yaris rather than your phase 2. Have you tried eBay? You sometimes get lucky and find them there. Sorry I couldnt be more help and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Yeah that'll probably be it mate (welcome btw!)

I would take a picture of my parcel shelf for you, however its dark out, so I doubt the photos would come out very well... however, you need to specify its for a facelift model (03-05) and I'm sure you'll manage to find one, or alternatively, sometimes people flog them on here because they get ones made for them, so I'm sure something will come up! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the swift replies. I would think that's probably it, I did tell the guy what year it was but he seemed to think it didn't matter and obviously it does!

Don't worry about it, like Tara said, things like that pop up on eBay all the time....

I think theres only a very slight difference between them, but a difference all the same ;)

Yep there is a difference ........ the phase 2 shelf is smaller than the phase 1 shelf ;) !

I found this out with my stealth shelf :thumbsup: !

Just phoned the place I bought it from and spoke to a different guy and it turns out they've sent me a shelf from a P1 T sport by mistake their going to send me out the shelf from a P2 on Monday :clap: now I just need some mats and my little Yaris will be complete :D

Out of interest, what was the place you spoke to?

I'm in need of an aerial and a wing mirror! Not paying £65 for a Toyota one, so mine can stay taped up!!

My god, if you get one from Toyota, they are expensive. £70 for a bit of thin mateial that covers ur boot, luckily i got mine for free due to miss communications within toyota, and it was covered under my warrenty, and its not supose to be. lol.

We have two yaris, both D4D one 2004 and one 2005, and they both have differnt parcel shelfs, the one from japan has a larger one, while the one from france is smaller and made of thinner material. (both p2 i think)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links