Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help - My Doors Won't Unlock

nam

Hi,

Can anyone help please i cannot unlock doors on my 53plate t-sport using either of the 2 keyfobs,

Any ideas how i can get into the car please ? :(

Have you tried changing the batteries in the fobs?

Hiya,

i can see the red-light come on keyfob sensor when i press the button, does that mean the Battery is dead ?

also what are the chances that both keyfobs would die at the same time ?

Maybe a connection issue with the car then.... with it being 53 plate, it must be still under Toyota warranty, I'd recommend giving them a call and arranging for it to be seen then :thumbsup:

Maybe a connection issue with the car then.... with it being 53 plate, it must be still under Toyota warranty, I'd recommend giving them a call and arranging for it to be seen then :thumbsup:

How can i drive it to the dealers, without getting into the car ?, i know i can unlock the car with the key but then how do i disable the alarm/immobiliser ?

Well the immobiliser you should be able to unlock with the key in the ignition but I'm not sure about the alarm.... surely it shuts up after a few mins??

Maybe it'll shut up when you put the key in the ignition and start it?? Worth trying I suppose!

Well the immobiliser you should be able to unlock with the key in the ignition but I'm not sure about the alarm.... surely it shuts up after a few mins??

Maybe it'll shut up when you put the key in the ignition and start it?? Worth trying I suppose!

Well i managed to get in using the key-turn alarm went on and off again, have started the engine but still have the same problem (Red light next to handbrake remains on or continously flashing).

spoke to Toyota dealers on phone they have said its a frequency issue ? :D

Yeah frequency of the fob could be out of sync with the car, they should be able to sort it for you! :thumbsup:

There should be a small plastic key device for de-activating your alarm It's usually in the boot stuck near the sapre wheel. Mine plugs into a little port under the stereo.

Drove the car few yards down the street, parked up and tried the keyfob which now works. Then parked again in front of the house and the same keyfob problem, What frequency do these keyfob's operate on ? , is it possible that someone is blocking the signal on my keyfob ? :(

Might be another car in the area with the same frequency.

Any mobile phone masts or pylons near your house? If it works away from your home then the key/alarm/immobiliser are all working OK but something is interfering with the signal :angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links