Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet Lifters

Lenry

Hello there,

Last week I fitted my bonnet lifters that were in my room for months.

here they are Bonnet Lifters

Also thanks to armoredfist2002 for fitting advice!!!

We will be making a how to fit bonnet Lifters guide soon as I took plenty of pictures when fitting them.

They really are worth doing, they just look so good. even on my Yaris lol

What do you think?

Look kl but dnt mean to be rude but what exactly do they do/how do they work? Do you just pop bonnet like normal and then it just goes up or what? Is their a resistance in the risers so you can keep the bonnet up and then push against it to get it down? Sorry for my ignorance but i just trying to understand it :P

Look kl but dnt mean to be rude but what exactly do they do/how do they work? Do you just pop bonnet like normal and then it just goes up or what? Is their a resistance in the risers so you can keep the bonnet up and then push against it to get it down? Sorry for my ignorance but i just trying to understand it :P

they work exactly like the lifters on the boot.

So basicly what you said is correct.

Do you need any help writing the guide?

These are great arent they!

I mainly got them due to the fact that if my CF bonnet is open the wind could lift it off the stand .. and did.

I used Armoredfists pics to get a guide to do mine - made it a doddle.

yup i got these as well. they were really easy to fit as well. they are great for shows

Where did you get those bonnet lifters?

i looked everywhere for those, and given up in the end lol, i think there a great thing to have, makes the yaris even more class than they already are :P

Thanks James

Hello, Yeah I'm real happy with them,

I bought them from here. Link

It came with all the fittings, (minus two nuts)

yeah as armoredfist2002 said, you pop the bonnet, undo the catch, then lift about a 3rd of the way the lifters will do the rest, and then keep it up. (no need for the bonnet resting arm)

I hate pushing the bonnet back down again, I keep thinking the bonnet hinges will bend or brake. lol

I phoned Direct Line just to check if they are happy with me having them on the car, they said "no problem"

I will write up a guide, then foward it to you armoredfist2002 just to go over it, to see if you can add anything too it.

I like them, when I saw some on Kerby's car I looked into getting some myself but didn't get anywhere & then went off the idea of showing off my dirty, completely unmodified 1.0L engine so stopped looking, if I get a TS though I'll probably get some

I like them, when I saw some on Kerby's car I looked into getting some myself but didn't get anywhere & then went off the idea of showing off my dirty, completely unmodified 1.0L engine so stopped looking, if I get a TS though I'll probably get some

Iknow what you're saying, my engine bay is unmodified but i just lke the look of it. I will clean the engine soon. :thumbsup:

I mainly got them due to the fact that if my CF bonnet is open the wind could lift it off the stand .. and did.

I better get some for mine before it does the same :crybaby: