Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uninsured Drivers. Untaxed Cars

daktari

Would you inform on these.  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Uninsured driver or Untaxed cars

• Yes. It`s the right thing to do.
    • No. It`s for the police to do
    • Not sure.

The innocent have nothing to fear!

If things slip whether its intentional or not, the person whose sigs on it is responsible. If you dont wanna get grassed up make friends with everyone or start sending everyone who spots you a nice cash gift. Its irrational to think everyone should be 'nice' about your slipped tax or insurance cos you forgot or the dog ate it or some paper klepto nicked it! The majority of people dont give a flying fig about the majority of other unknown people. If you dont want to get in trouble.... make sure your in the right

same for all things... if your man or woman enough to do the crime be man or woman enough to do the time if you get caught. The car isnt the only way to travel either... worst comes to worst we have got legs n feet!

cripes if remembering a tax disc, mot, or making sure your insured is hard to remember or too dificult how the hell does that person manage to deal with all the information coming at them in life or on the road?

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Special Red

• Dreamblaze

• Jinxed

• Bibbs

cripes if remembering a tax disc, mot, or making sure your insured is hard to remember or too dificult how the hell does that person manage to deal with all the information coming at them in life or on the road?

They(my parents) have managed to run a Very successful PR Company for the last 25 years so that last statement is generally a load of sh!te! Any one would think forgetting is a crime! I used it as one example and its then a reason to insult the inteligence of my family! :rolleyes:

Dreamblaze - Im only 26 mate but alot has changed in 6 years and so thats why I appreciate that certain people of certain ages have more to think about than others. One more thing, you try and stab me and I'll rip your <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ing head off! :thumbsup:

Hey, lets get over the forgotten tax disk thing. B) :thumbsup:

I'm off to see an AW11 at a scrappy tomorrow, which was claimed by the DVLA. The sad thing is, I've been told it's mint!! It's going to be crushed in a few days... Nooooooooooo! :crybaby:

Maybe it wasn't declared SORN or something, but it seems a real shame. :(

One more thing, you try and stab me and I'll rip your <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ing head off! :thumbsup:

Hey keep it nice - I'm sure threats of violence to other members are a bannable offence :rolleyes:

so set a memo, get a calander or something. most new phones you can set alarms and stuff :)

When your 20 life is so straight forward!

Your cheeky you Caz!! I remember mine but thats because I am into my cars but my mum does not pay attention to things like that as much as she should as its been done for the last 30 years by my old man, to which I will add has been done on time the other 29 years!!!! So not exactly a bad record! So all you whipper snappers come back in a few decades and then have this argument!

If its your car.. your responsiblity to pay it.. if you forget.. you have to accept that you might get done for it..

Its the old... it's the law, and we might not always agree / abide by it, so if you don't play by the law, you have to accept the penalties..

One more thing, you try and stab me and I'll rip your <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ing head off! :thumbsup:

Hey keep it nice - I'm sure threats of violence to other members are a bannable offence :rolleyes:

Whatever - It was hardly said in a serious manner ie the thumbs up smilie!

TBH mate if someone starts getting personal then they have to expect people to get p!ssed off! You are forgetting that I agree with many peoples opinions on this but simply highlighted an occasion when people who dont deserve to be fined could get grassed up, by so called do-gooders! what was acheived by this absolutely nothing as the real criminals are out there still driving with no insurance day in day out!

I know what you are trying to say, I myself have driven without tax normally for about a day before I realise the month has changed :lol:

But there is still no need for threats. I'm not a mod so in reality it's nothing to do with me but I don't like to see it :thumbsup:

Remember it's just a forum

Whatever - It was hardly said in a serious manner ie the thumbs up smilie!

TBH mate if someone starts getting personal then they have to expect people to get p!ssed off! You are forgetting that I agree with many peoples opinions on this but simply highlighted an occasion when people who dont deserve to be fined could get grassed up, by so called do-gooders! what was acheived by this absolutely nothing as the real criminals are out there still driving with no insurance day in day out!

That's what I thought :thumbsup:

They(my parents) have managed to run a Very successful PR Company for the last 25 years so that last statement is generally a load of sh!te! Any one would think forgetting is a crime! I used it as one example and its then a reason to insult the inteligence of my family! :rolleyes:

firstly I wasnt saying anything specific about anyones familly and i certainly didnt say yours were unintelligent. I posed a question! So I am sorry if you took it personally or took offence but ah well cos I didnt mean what you believed i meant. Im glad you didnt identify the rest as a load of tosh tho ;)

Do I loke like the police.

If the Govt actually wanted these cars off the road they would put them off. They dont want the drop from the reduced fuel they would not get.

When I get paid for this I will do it, not overly civic minded but would hep an assalt victim, sort an old dear puncture but I am not the police and would not like to do their job for them. We need more police not people who end up causing vehicle checks excluding the ones that were the source of the complaint.

Do I loke like the police.

round my way its becoming a situation where even the 'police' arent police.... theyre 'civvies' with only the power to citizens arrest!

I would much rather we got our resources put into proper policing in stead of basically all the authorities figuring out ways to spot fine us for minor infringements instead of actively pursuing criminals. Burgulary is not a priority for some police forces but you do 35 mph or forget to put your seat belt on or even throw a smelly wotsit out the window and bang you get a spot fine.

We dont need community policing we need proper policing with the right priorities. Imho :D

• 1 year later...

yeah definatly! even if they was my mates. I'd rather not talk to someone than them kill people and cause stupid accidents

I would def "shop" em! Why should they be allowed to get away without paying tax on their cars when the rest of us have to. If they don't have an MOT then they could either kill them themselves in an unroad worthy motor (don't care if they kill themselves) and they could kill another motorist (which I do feel for when this happens). They also wouldn't have insurance which is why our own insurance goes up. For those who don't "shop" em then obviously you don't mind paying high insurance rates for those people that injure and kill others! Harsh I know but we need to get these people off the roads and help the authorities out instead of the police sitting behind a desk filling out paper work due to a driver not having any of the above resulting from a road traffic collision.

No insurance is scandalous. No question, these people are costing YOU and me more in insurance. I have no time for people without insurance, tax, MOT, but why do they do it? Because the liklyhood of you falling foul of the law is minimal. I can't remember the last time I was stopped, and they run around knowing this, also with the knowledge that if they do get caught, the fine is a lot less than the fee you would pay to get insured. There are loads of what are called around here "Arrive alive" vans, with numper plate recognition equipment onboard. you get photo'd going past the van, and the Police pull you up down the road. No Insurance, No tax etc etc, you get loaded on a transporter and towed away until you do something about it. More of that instant justice will do for me Kingo :thumbsup:

Would absolutely shop someone personally. It's one thing accidently forgetting by a day at the end of your previous tax disc, it's quite another to go around doing it consciously. If I know they haven't got all the required licences etc, then they sure must do.

As said by previous posters I don't care if they hurt themselves, I care a lot more that they may do someone innocent harm and for that person to then have to suffer the consequences through no fault of their own.

I voted yes I would absolutly shop someone with no TAX, MOT, INSURANCE it is illegal, simple as that i wouldn't even considering driving my car without an mot tax or insurance, u own the vechicle u know when the tax and everything is running out, u can plan to cater for this if u don't then your obviously stupid and don't desvere tobe behind the wheel of a car or hold a driving license, ppl with no insurance should be given 12 points banned for a year and fined in my opinion.

sorry for that rant just my step dad is a taxi driver and uninsured 17 yr old english chav crashed into him, driving to fast ans lost control wrote his car off completetly trashed it, and put him in hospital and out of work, which he actually enjoys doing as he loves driving. so I have deep hatred of anyone with insurance, and as no mot or tax invalidates your insurance i can't stand them either its as good as driving with no insurance.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links