daktari

Would you inform on these.  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Uninsured driver or Untaxed cars

• Yes. It`s the right thing to do.
    • No. It`s for the police to do
    • Not sure.

That is what courts are for!!!!

Problem then is waiting for payment .. as you know.

ok sowwy :yes:

Tee hee .. don't mind off forum, hypothetical, people getting a slating .. but not other "members" <fnar>.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Special Red

• Dreamblaze

• Jinxed

• sotal

I pay £1650 for 10 months bonus accellerator to insure my SR (1.8), as well as paying the car off over a year period (5k total after interest and protection).

I just turned 20, and the way I see it if i can manage paying this (just) as well as maintaining, fueling, servicing my car doing 40 miles a day 7 days a week, then everyone else &#33;Removed&#33; well should be able to.

I'd grass instantly, theres no excuse really, especially when the majority of people can insure a car for 3 to 4 times cheaper than i can.

I pay £1650 for 10 months bonus accellerator to insure my SR (1.8), as well as paying the car off over a year period (5k total after interest and protection).

I just turned 20, and the way I see it if i can manage paying this (just) as well as maintaining, fueling, servicing my car doing 40 miles a day 7 days a week, then everyone else &#33;Removed&#33; well should be able to.

I'd grass instantly, theres no excuse really, especially when the majority of people can insure a car for 3 to 4 times cheaper than i can.

If your mate drove around occasionally uninsured would you grass him up?????

I had a crash a few years ago and the car was written off. It was parked outside my house waiting for it to be taken to the scrapyard. As it had 6 months tax I took it out of the car to claim back. 3 days later it had a ticket on. Police had never been down my road in 3 years and so its very unlikely they would have been looking for cars with no tax. Now that means some busy body jumped to conclusions and I got hit with I think a £60 fine. If someone is blatently breaking the law then fine go ahead but I would never grass anyone up for tax unless I have seen them doing it for a while.

My mum drove for two months with no tax because she leaves that kind of thing to my Dad! However from what some of you have said I imagine you would have ratted on my mum had you seen her untaxed car. My Parents never miss a bill and pay the the good old 40% tax and have an unblemished Criminal Record and basically are model citizens. So therefore again peoples good intentions sometimes work against the very people they try to protect! Think About it before you try and be a hero!

i'd have words, and if he did it enough i'd probably threaten to. luckily most of my mates are at uni and dont have cars ;)

put it simply if a mate of mine did drive around uninsured and hit me he wouldnt be a mate much longer, I'd take his limbs for insurance! Although dont know how to grass anyway, except via the police...

Cant see any of my mates being the type of people to drive around without insurance/tax/mot anyway.

i'd have words, and if he did it enough i'd probably threaten to. luckily most of my mates are at uni and dont have cars ;)

put it simply if a mate of mine did drive around uninsured and hit me he wouldnt be a mate much longer, I'd take his limbs for insurance! Although dont know how to grass anyway, except via the police...

Cant see any of my mates being the type of people to drive around without insurance/tax/mot anyway.

You said it all 'You'd threaten to'! Is that not double standards!

You can still be a good person and have driven a car illegally once or twice! after all 100% of the people on this site will have broken the law before!

/quote]

My mum drove for two months with no tax because she leaves that kind of thing to my Dad! However from what some of you have said I imagine you would have ratted on my mum had you seen her untaxed car. My Parents never miss a bill and pay the the good old 40% tax and have an unblemished Criminal Record and basically are model citizens. So therefore again peoples good intentions sometimes work against the very people they try to protect! Think About it before you try and be a hero!

I haven't paid tax at any percentage 40% or otherwise, since beeing made redundant and still not finding work, ALL my bills are paid up to date, my car is fully taxed,insured and MOT'd.

If I don't pay my mortgage I loose my home

If I don't pay my gas/electric they cut me off

If I don't pay my council tax they take me to court (unless you're called Presscot ;) )

My car is just as important to me as all the above so there is no way I would "forget" to tax insure etc :yes:

anyone driving without tax or mot for even 5 mins should do so knowing they are at risk of getting caught. It can be avoided if you foward plan, and they cant complain about being hard done by as they accepted the risk when they entered the car!

I dont go around looking at people task disks or being nosy, I dont really take interest. but if i knew someone who lived near me or drove on the same roads i do often enough i would either have words or inform the police. Letting those who dont pay drive around where they can potentially hit my car is a risk i cant afford to take, not in my situation.

/quote]

I haven't paid tax at any percentage 40% or otherwise, since beeing made redundant and still not finding work, ALL my bills are paid up to date, my car is fully taxed,insured and MOT'd.

If I don't pay my council tax they take me to court (unless you're called Presscot ;) )

My car is just as important to me as all the above so there is no way I would "forget" to tax insure etc :yes:

Are you super human, have you never forgot anything??? If you dont pay your TAX does your car stop running! Some people have busy lives mate and dont have the same amount of time on there hands as someone with no job! The fact you have'nt got one is no concern of mine and I'd expect you to carry on paying your bills, for your own sake!

Are you super human, have you never forgot anything??? If you dont pay your TAX does your car stop running! Some people have busy lives mate and dont have the same amount of time on there hands as someone with no job!

Tell that to the people who leave a ticket on your car, or the police that pull you :unsure:

/quote]

Are you super human, have you never forgot anything??? If you dont pay your TAX does your car stop running! Some people have busy lives mate and dont have the same amount of time on there hands as someone with no job! The fact you have'nt got one is no concern of mine and I'd expect you to carry on paying your bills, for your own sake!

Still no excuse not to tax a car, especially when it can be done online now with the new MOT.

How long does it take to go into town, and get car tax anyways?

Mine takes about 20mins, on a busy day - hardly a time consuming job now is it.... :rolleyes:

The point Im making is that INNOCENT people who pay their Tax etc can simply forget. Something thats done once a year is alot easier to forget than something you do every day! You all act like you never do anything wrong and that people who might have forgotten to tax their car are as bad as the w@nkers who blatently drive knowing their not legally on the road.

Gnome - how can you say that 20 mins is an average time??? I know what you mean about it not taking long to do but if you have forgotten it could take 5 mins and it would still be irrelevant as you have 'Forgotten'!

Also for those of you who have cat replacement pipes that change them for the MOT are you not as bad being as thats illegal(post 93 cars that is :thumbsup: )!?!?!?!?

This argument could go on and on.........

so set a memo, get a calander or something. most new phones you can set alarms and stuff :)

Tell that to the people who leave a ticket on your car, or the police that pull you :unsure:

I accept that and Im sure my Mum would of if she had been caught, but say you for example went up to my Mum and said something she would thank you for telling her, however if you had just 'grassed' her up then what I consider an everyday joe bloggs like yourself, would have just been screwed for even more money! Acheiving nothing as the people who deserve to be caught are still out there!

The point Im making is that INNOCENT people who pay their Tax etc can simply forget. Something thats done once a year is alot easier to forget than something you do every day! You all act like you never do anything wrong and that people who might have forgotten to tax their car are as bad as the w@nkers who blatently drive with knowing their not legally on the road.

Gnome - how can you say that 20 mins is an average time??? I know what you mean about it not taking long to do but if you have forgotten it could take 5 mins and it would still be irrelevant as you have 'Forgotten'!

I know she'd left it to your Dad - but there is a big date right at the front of it that she would have seen almost everytime she walked round the car - she should have nagged him more or done it herself ;) :P

As for shopping... I'd consider it if I knew someone was driving without any of them. I mean, if they won't pay out on tax, insurance, MOT - what else have they missed? A driving license?? I'd only do it if I definately knew the person didn't have all the above though - but then that's quite difficult to find out.

so set a memo, get a calander or something. most new phones you can set alarms and stuff :)

When your 20 life is so straight forward!

Your cheeky you Caz!! I remember mine but thats because I am into my cars but my mum does not pay attention to things like that as much as she should as its been done for the last 30 years by my old man, to which I will add has been done on time the other 29 years!!!! So not exactly a bad record! So all you whipper snappers come back in a few decades and then have this argument!

thats generalising! by statistics I should be either getting stoned at uni, or wearing a hood and bombing around in a clapped out nova (without insurance, tax or mot :D)

And having a calander set on your phone is pretty simple, doesnt matter who you are :o

You get a reminder from the DVLA for your Tax. Just do it straight away. Job sorted...

The point Im making is that INNOCENT people who pay their Tax etc can simply forget. Something thats done once a year is alot easier to forget than something you do every day! You all act like you never do anything wrong and that people who might have forgotten to tax their car are as bad as the w@nkers who blatently drive knowing their not legally on the road.

Also for those of you who have cat replacement pipes that change them for the MOT are you not as bad being as thats illegal(post 93 cars that is :thumbsup: )!?!?!?!?

This argument could go on and on.........

a ) I never said I'd never made a mistake in my life, only that I've never forgotten to pay tax, get an MOT, and insurance on time.

B ) I also never said 20mins was an average time. I said MINE takes about 20mins. Granted, times will differ, but even an hour is hardly a long time is it?

I'm not labelling anyone who has forgotten to get their tax, etc, as a W*****. I'm just saying that "I forgot," or "I didn't have time," is a very poor excuse.

I think 99% of the people who said yes to the poll me included wouldn't go round looking for out of date tax discs or normal people who genuinely forgot.

Hell everyone forgets stuff - last year I found out that my passport had expired 3 days before I was going to the states :lol: cost me £89 and a trip to scouseland for a same day one!

It's the scumbags that say 'I'm not payin for that crap 'uck koff' who should be reported.

That is what courts are for!!!!

Problem then is waiting for payment .. as you know.

Tell me about it :crybaby:

thats generalising! by statistics I should be either getting stoned at uni, or wearing a hood and bombing around in a clapped out nova (without insurance, tax or mot :D)

And having a calander set on your phone is pretty simple, doesnt matter who you are :o

At 20 most people dont have Mortgages, Run their own companies, have Children to take care of and generally their life is alot less complicated! I didnt when I was 20! Im not in the mood to argue with you just putting opinions across thats all!

Your statistics are wrong, its a Saxo! :thumbsup: To be honest people like yourself(ie 20 year olds) cost me more money a year than uninsured drivers! With you bass boxes rattling your bumpers loose and your town centre racing! :thumbsup:

/quote]

No I’m not super human, just human.

Even when having the responsibility of running a fleet of 130 vehicles & trailers as well as supervising the workshop, maintaining and stocking the stores, creating invoices and issuing job cards, maintaining the household budget,etc,etc. Strange as it may seem I could still remember to tax and insure my car, even at the ripe old age of 55, so you see all of us jobless people didn’t always have time on our hands. ;)

At the end of the day my answer would still be the same…..Shop them!!! :yes:

Well good for you some people are just more organised than others!

Only 130 cars!!!! Just kidding mate! Its not good to hear about anyone becoming Redundant unless its volountary!!!!

At 20 most people dont have Mortgages, Run their own companies, have Children to take care of and generally their life is alot less complicated! I didnt when I was 20! Im not in the mood to argue with you just putting opinions across thats all!

Your statistics are wrong, its a Saxo! :thumbsup: To be honest people like yourself(ie 20 year olds) cost me more money a year than uninsured drivers! With you bass boxes rattling your bumpers loose and your town centre racing! :thumbsup:

Gah, still generalising, as 95% of the post 30 community do. Oh look, he's young, keep away from him he might stab you :huh:

being 20 doesnt change the fact that I have to pay mot/tax/insurance like you do, nor does it make it easy to set an alert on my phone / write on the calander that my tax/mot/insurance is due at a certain time. In fact i'd say it was quite even, i might be too drunk/busy with studies/part time work/fulltime work to remember my tax etc, and your memory might be getting a bit crap due to your old age :lol:

still, no excuse. If you like i can keep an eye out for your celi and grass on you while your heading down to the post office with an out of date task disk :P

Don't the DVLA fine you now anyway for not having tax?

They check the computer, find out you havent renewed it and bang you with a fine anyway..... mines due at the end of the month, theres no way I could forget - I'm not super human and to be honest, I have a terrible memory, but stuff like that, I budget for - I can guarantee I'd never forget it, regardless of whether I was threatened with being fined by the DVLA or not....

Oh and this money just appears magically out of thin air does it? WRONG it comes straight from the premiums of people that actually buy insurance. We have to subsidise all the scum that don't buy insurance.

Its a right pain to claim from too by all accounts, but that's a completely different matter.

where on your cover note does it say "void with out tax or mot"??? never seen that on mine. i guess they might not pay out for your own car but would have to 3rd parties. just like drink driving and anything else.

That's how I thought it worked too, I thought it was very hard for an insurer to decide not to pay out for 3rd parties.

Just to clarify a few things, the MIB don't pay out automatically for claims..it's a long process for injury compensation, not damage to vehicles (i.e say your rear offside panel was dented)..so that leaves you to foot the bill (sotal already said about this). The Company I work for contributes to the MIB, as do every Insurer...if their werent uninsured drivers then we wouldnt need to pay into it. It's a vicious circle in a way.

With a vehicle that doesn't have an MOT/Tax etc - this does affect the claim, say if the vehicle was untaxed and unMOT'ed when on cover with us then the Policyholder's claim will most likely be affected, it's down to the claim departments discretion as the vehicle is meant to be roadworthy & legal under the contract of the policy - if this isn't being adhered too then you haven't kept up your side of the agreement so damage to your own vehicle (assuming Fully Comp here) either won't be included or the cost paid for it won't be the full whack. With drink driving, the Policyholders past convictions/claims are looked at first..if it's the first time then there is a possibility that it will be allowed to proceed as normal, if this has happened a few years back previously or there's been a history of fault claims with big settlements paid out then that may not be the case! I am being a bit vague here as it's not down to me to make decisions on these things. An innocent 3rd party in these situations can claim against the policy, but the Insurer can get the money back off their Policyholder. I had first hand experience of this a month or so ago actually so it does happen.

Now I'm 21 and yes I can be a bit disorganised, but everything for my car is accounted for and kept up to date...I wouldnt have it any other way, sure I don't have a mortgage etc but if I can afford everything and know exactly when servicing/tax is due (too young for an MOT at the moment) etc then others can ;)

Just my two pence worth :thumbsup: