Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advise

goody

hi, could anyone tell me why would the warning lights for charging come on , on my 1990 celica 2.0 gti 16 v i think its the 3s-ge engine, now these light are the Battery light the (!) light and the add oil light but they dont always stay on , could this be that the alternators on its way out or do they just stop working, the volt meters down as well while its playing up . much appreciated good :huh: y

Hi Gooley. First of all, welcome to the Club...

Sounds possible alternator problem.

It happened to me 2 years back and the car just came to a halt in the middle of a run up the M11 at 3 in the morning.....

The lights started dimming and the volts dropped slowly until there was zero power left.

Get it checked quick and make sure your mobile batteries are charged just in case (mine were almost dead and I just managed to get the AA out)

Gordy.

sounds like the most likely problem is the alternator although it could be something as simple as the belt slipping due to the mountings for the alternator coming loose, hence the intermittant fault....just my 2p worth. :thumbsup:

thanks guys, gonna see what i can sort, either take it to a kwik fit or call the AA they can have a look, but its ok half the time almost like its a bad connection, but its finding that bad connection or maybe a broken wire ! will sort then we will have the answer for the next person that has this problem !! :ffs: goody.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links